Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might not be a bad meet-up game. Afternoon of settling beers so as to watch us get thumped in a pleasant numb status
I just realised the budget is the next week up here...probably makes it too hard. Flights will cost a bomb

North game s**t time for me, Sunday games are trash for me coz I play footy on Sunday arvos. At least it's north so I shouldn't miss out on much. Sydney prime time Saturday is mint tho. Absolute belter

North game sh*t time for me, Sunday games are trash for me coz I play footy on Sunday arvos. At least it's north so I shouldn't miss out on much. Sydney prime time Saturday is mint tho. Absolute belter

Footy on Sunday arvos? What comp you play in?

I've never seen a local comp have Sunday games in all my life...is this covid related or the norm?
norm for all junior leagues pretty much. all my under 18s games will be at like 3 which is bs.

norm for all junior leagues pretty much. all my under 18s games will be at like 3 which is bs.

* me, didn't know that was even a thing honestly. That's brutal. The leagues down my way always have at least 3 games at the ground on Saturday. Most leagues have 4. (U15s U18s Reserves Seniors)

may i ask what league, all the junior leagues i know of in melbourne play sunday

I'm on the coast mate. Live in Lorne. CDNFL, GFL, BFL. We all played Saturday in juniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I'm on the coast mate. Live in Lorne. CDNFL, GFL, BFL. We all played Saturday in juniors.
You haven’t been a junior since the 1920s though

God I feel like a beer. Is it wrong to establish a new Thursday tradition of 3:20 beers? Work sucks. I want a holiday and my colleagues are dickheads. How they can still grate as dickheads after 12 months of WFH is beyond me. It’s elite levels of stupid

God I feel like a beer. Is it wrong to establish a new Thursday tradition of 3:20 beers? Work sucks. I want a holiday and my colleagues are dickheads. How they can still grate as dickheads after 12 months of WFH is beyond me. It’s elite levels of stupid

This is a vibe.

That said I’ve cancelled midweek drinking for the month. Not doing me any favours.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne

Every day there is a battle between the co worker stupidity and my desire to drink.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Every day there is a battle between the co worker stupidity and my desire to drink.
Who usually wins?

Today I get the win/win. They are confirmed stupid and I am decidedly drinking

Oct 19, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
I would have never played footy if it was at 3 on a Sunday.

Also from the coast/ geelong and i had saturday morning under 16s/18's, then play a ressies game if you cbf and get on the cans watching seniors.

We tried to trade up in the draft to get Zac Butters apparently

But ended up using that pick on Luke Jackson the following year

We tried to trade up in the draft to get Zac Butters apparently

But ended up using that pick on Luke Jackson the following year

Even though the move didn't eventuate it's just another notch on Taylor's belt to identify this guy and go after him boldly. Butters is a gun.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Watching Port and Tigs I reckon ya can see we still aren't a top 4 side yet. I don't reckon we can play at that intensity and be infront at the end. We have too many blokes who's skills already don't hold up when there's not much pressure.

I'm talking Oliver, Langdon, Hunt, Lever, Viney etc. We're conceding a high percentage of goals from mistakes against crap sides, better sides will punish us more.

I'm not saying these guys can't be apart of a good side. Look at AnB as someone who went from hurting us to being fantastic with the ball this year.

Down the throat

Senior List
May 1, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Watching Port and Tigs I reckon ya can see we still aren't a top 4 side yet. I don't reckon we can play at that intensity and be infront at the end. We have too many blokes who's skills already don't hold up when there's not much pressure.

I'm talking Oliver, Langdon, Hunt, Lever, Viney etc. We're conceding a high percentage of goals from mistakes against crap sides, better sides will punish us more.

I'm not saying these guys can't be apart of a good side. Look at AnB as someone who went from hurting us to being fantastic with the ball this year.

I think youre right - both on original premise but also on the players being capable of getting better.

I hope thats partly a confidence and trust thing - if they can keep winning or being really competitive against better sides - it will help a lot.

Both Port and Richmond (obviously) have been good sides for a while - while im sure at the back of each of our players minds (like our supporters) is the nagging feeling that this might all collapse next week.

If it doesn't I think we'll see a skill and connection uplift throughout the season.

Real belief that theyre a good team - based on results rather that the inane self promotion and pump ups that happen inside all clubs - will lead to that.

adonski

All Australian
Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think youre right - both on original premise but also on the players being capable of getting better.

I hope thats partly a confidence and trust thing - if they can keep winning or being really competitive against better sides - it will help a lot.

Both Port and Richmond (obviously) have been good sides for a while - while im sure at the back of each of our players minds (like our supporters) is the nagging feeling that this might all collapse next week.

If it doesn't I think we'll see a skill and connection uplift throughout the season.

Real belief that theyre a good team - based on results rather that the inane self promotion and pump ups that happen inside all clubs - will lead to that.
Port finished 10th in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back