General motorsport news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I tell you what? Normally the historic bikes at PI creep up on me before I realise it's worthwhile to plan on going. But in Melbourne this weekend it'll be high 30s, whereas PI will be 31 on Saturday. Off I go!

Awesome. I'll be there on Sunday. Corser and Edwards. Should be a cracker!

Once again the Island Classic turned out to be a ripping event. Australia won the meet, bringing the International Challenge Trophy back home where it belongs.
Colin Edwards struggled on underpowered machinery but hopefully it's the motivation to see the US bring a really competitive team next year.

Also, today was scorching hot. I had the hottest ride home I've ever experienced. It was so hot the road off Phillip Island melted!

Screenshot_20180128-182109.jpg

Screenshot_20180128-182057.jpg

I had to ride up the shoulder - including on the grass - to avoid covering my new bike in tar. Unbelievable!

Yeah that's a shocker, needs to be rectified

Check out the WEC moving forward one of its rounds so that Fernando Alonso can compete. That's pretty lightweight imo.
That's what I thought, they need to re-boot the GT1 category

Happy to keep all NASCAR chat to this thread , since Marcos came home the general interest here has waned.

Daytona next monday.

Alex Bowman ( yes you read that right ) starts pole , last years 500 winner Denny Hamlin starts 2nd

Daytona clash starting now on FS6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round One of the World Superbikes is on at Phillip Island this weekend. I love this weekend, the start of racing season and I find it a more enjoyable event than MotoGP, it's more like a big club meet.

So far it has been typical Phillip Island with blazing hot sun, pouring rain, a howling gale and dramatic temperature drop.

It should be a tighter contest this year due in no small part to Kawasaki being hit with a 600rpm penalty to bring them back to the field...
Contrived racing can I hear you say?

Ant West is Australia's main permanent representative, running his own team in World Supersport with Kenan Sofuoglu's bike from last year and he has been quick in testing.

Tom Toparis is a young kid to watch. He has a wildcard ride in Supersport this weekend and is a good chance to really impress.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back