General Rugby League Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon the Panthers prop combination of Moses Leota and James Fisher-Harris must now rank as the equal-best of the modern era alongside Shane Webcke and Petero Civoniceva.

I heard the back end of an interview with Jimmy Smith on SEN this morning. It was someone from Freshwater strategy who put helped the dolphins with their bid. They are working with the Perth bid and I found it interesting he mentioned the Jets. He said ' how good would it be to see the jets v the tigers at Leichhardt'

Sounds like they may be working towards a feeder agreement with Newtown.

About the 57 min mark...

I just had a quick look on ASIC business name search and a "Perth Jets" is registered. If I had any computer skills I would upload a screen shot I took. Can't find info on who rego it, but it was done on 24/6/23

See that player got 8 weeks for calling another player a monkey. Said in his defense he had lived in Sydney his whole life and didn't know who Adam Goodes was? Surely he can't be serious

Not as uncommon as you think. Plenty in RL circles don’t watch other sports. They play every weekend, have probably a day off a week wouldn’t necessarily spend it watching sport

See that player got 8 weeks for calling another player a monkey. Said in his defense he had lived in Sydney his whole life and didn't know who Adam Goodes was? Surely he can't be serious
Is that really surprising? Plenty of people I know from Melbourne wouldn't have a clue who Glenn Lazarus, Cam Smith, or Billy Slater were either.

I know people round these parts don't like hearing it, but the truth is that most people in NSW probably couldn't name a single Swans player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's Samoan and has been raised in Mt Druitt.

AFL is not really relevant around these parts.

Exactly and on their days off they would spend it with family which they are close with.

Not really a lot of the Polynesian community in Western Sydney don't care about AFL.

Rugby League, American Sports.or being in gangs.

Not really a lot of the Polynesian community in Western Sydney don't care about AFL.

Rugby League, American Sports.or being in gangs.
Still seems odd. I mean he was in the news constantly, and in the papers annd social media for years for the racial stuff. Then Australian of the year. I just find it hard to believe he hasn't heard about him.

Still seems odd. I mean he was in the news constantly, and in the papers annd social media for years for the racial stuff. Then Australian of the year. I just find it hard to believe he hasn't heard about him.

Not odd at all if you know the Penrith area. It also was a much bigger deal for AFL fans than most in Sydney who are more concerned about their NRL team. Flat out barely anyone would have even known of Goodes in that area. Australian of the Year, does anyone even remember who wins that award?

Reckon...

18...NZ2 (wellington)
19 and 20 ....Melb2 (western city) and Ipswich....in whatever order and however many years apart from each other and years after 18 enters.

NRL hurts RU more in NZ. Ideal rivalry game now in NZ.

NRL hinders AFL in western Brisbane, but gives other SEQ teams time to solidify. Definitely need another SEQ team in the 20, the whole SoO thing, etc.

Melb2, based in western melb where govt i think is funding/supporting another rectangle stadium for a-league team, also creates an ideal rivalry in Melb. Participation and interest in RL growing, so 5-10 years for this good timing

ARL focusing on the eastern seaboard, where the majority of Aust population is, and NZ on the east, so easier access back and forth for the teams, and tv slots etc

I reckon the Panthers prop combination of Moses Leota and James Fisher-Harris must now rank as the equal-best of the modern era alongside Shane Webcke and Petero Civoniceva.
Moses and James have gone past Shane and Petero. Moses and James have dominated three grand finals in a row and aiming for a fourth. From memory Shane and Petero didn’t.

Moses and James have gone past Shane and Petero. Moses and James have dominated three grand finals in a row and aiming for a fourth. From memory Shane and Petero didn’t.

Both Webcke and Petro have 4 premierships Petro with 1 for Penrith as well as the 3 for Brisbane.

Both Webcke and Petro have 4 premierships Petro with 1 for Penrith as well as the 3 for Brisbane.
Webcke won grand finals in 97, 98, 2000 & 06, Civoniceva won in 98 ( off the bench) & 06, injured in 2000, so 6 in total, only two together.
Leota and Fish have 6 and counting

Webcke won grand finals in 97, 98, 2000 & 06, Civoniceva won in 98 ( off the bench) & 06, injured in 2000, so 6 in total, only two together.
Leota and Fish have 6 and counting

Still taking that Brisbane side over any that Penrith have but fair point just saying they have got 4 titles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back