General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Leceister is an amazing story. Vardy's rise from playing in the conference four years ago to winning the premier league is the kind of thing you only see when you're playing championship/football manager.

i have been following english soccer and chelsea since the late 60s and this to me is the biggest all time sporting upset over an extended competition, they should not have been able to compete with the likes of man. city/united, chelsea, arsenal, spurs, liverpool, they were one of the relegation favorites going into the season.

it will be interesting to see how they back up next year and how they perform in the champions league against bayern, barcelona, real madrid etc.

AFL equivalent- the giants or the suns winning the comp in their first or second year or the lions going on a run and winning the flag this year:rainbow:.

Parramatta. Heh.
As a lifelong Parramatta supporter, it hurts that the best, most complete side we've had in 30 years isn't going to have a realistic chance to compete for a premiership this year.

During the lead-up to the penalty announcement, I was of the view that the mooted 8 point penalty was a bit rough but not insurmountable. A loss of all premiership points (and the inability to compete for points until the situation is resolved) therefore seemed harsh at first. But when you delve into the actions taken by club management to deliberately breach salary cap rules, then the penalty is not only fair but probably a little on the light side when compared with other recent examples of systemic rorting in the NRL.

It is comfortably the worst run club in professional sport in Australia (lucky me - a Lions and Eels fan!). It is broken like US Politics with two factions constantly at war and neither appearing to be capable of putting self-interest aside and actually running a club for the benefit of the people that count. I'd be sad about it but have spent most of my life knowing that the club is a basketcase - this really doesn't change much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an awesome finish to a spectacular NBA season. GSW break record for most wins in a season but lose the championship in the final game. Lebron cements his legacy as an all-time great bringing a title to his home town Cleveland.

Ironic that it was a 3 made by Kyrie over Steph that pretty much won the game.

Love him or loathe him, or like I am somewhere in between, people would be right to be quite concerned at the mental health of Nick Kyrgios. I've long held the viewpoint that he actually doesn't enjoy tennis but seems to keep playing despite it and that's accounts for part of his issues. I find the black & white nature of "he's a spolied brat" to be the hallmark of people who don't really want to think too deeply about an issue, which is kind of ironic really. The continued avoidance of hiring a coach suggests that he knows deep down he doesn't have the internal drive to make the sacrifices needed to success in professional tennis. There are few things more pitiful and frustrating to an outsider than wasted talent, but I think he needs to be OK with that.

....and I suspect Tomic has a breathing problem. He plays with his mouth open, sucks in big breaths frequently, makes me wonder if he needs his adenoids out, has asthma....or he is a secret smoker.

Greyhound racing banned in NSW - hope the other states follow suit.

Pretty much only about 5 countries where it's legal now.

Wonderful news! Includes a comprehensive plan to rehome the animals too.

....and I suspect Tomic has a breathing problem. He plays with his mouth open, sucks in big breaths frequently, makes me wonder if he needs his adenoids out, has asthma....or he is a secret smoker.
My brother said he saw him smoking a few times. Either way he seriously needs to work on his fitness. Was watching a few games of his and he works his opponent around the court so well just getting them to run back and forward but at the end of each point he is blowing harder than they are. Coke parties and gang bangs will do this to you... shame he doesn't have the drive to succeed like Hewitt. Same can be said for Kyrgios who has a lot of talent but lacks professionalism.

I am sure it was all about protecting greyhounds and nothing to do with the money to be made selling the greyhound tracks to developers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back