General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

They were allowed to play for points once they had their salary cap under the limit. It was conditional. They got their salary cap under control by the end of round 9 and so were allowed to play for points after that. Melbourne weren't given that option admittedly but I'd argue that they would have struggled to reduce their wages by over $1M during the course of that season anyway so it is probably a moot point.

That Parramatta had no titles to be stripped (other than the Auckland Nines) doesn't change the fundamental nature of the punishment. That's like saying two offenders got 10 years jail time but the bloke with a really awesome life got a worse punishment than the homeless guy. One might feel worse than the other but it is still the same punishment.
Also Gallop rushed the punishment through very quickly for Storm were as Greenberg took his time with Parra. Whilst Storm did wrong Gallops handiling was appauling.

The Cavs will likely lose LeBron next season, so looks like they are aggressively building a new list.
They get the best of both worlds. They get to have one more crack at it this year with a very good Kyrie replacement plus some defensive grunt. And they get a long term piece of the puzzle for their rebuild if/when LeBron and Thomas leave them as free agents at the end of the year.

Blockbuster trade for sure but whether it is actually a good deal for both teams remains to be seen. Personally I think trading with your main conference rival is not a good idea. However on the face of it - Isiah hip injury??, Lebron almost certainly going to LA next season!!, Net improved roster for this season - I tend to think Celtics will come out on top.

It is probably all moot either way as still don't think either team has the pieces to challenge the Dubs at full strength.

3 more years of Vettel at Ferrari, one more for Raikonnen.

Times nicely with Ricciardo coming out of contract at Red Bull end of next season.

That would be my dream team if it happens. Bring Leclerc though slowly at Sauber.

3 more years of Vettel at Ferrari, one more for Raikonnen.

Times nicely with Ricciardo coming out of contract at Red Bull end of next season.

That would be my dream team if it happens. Bring Leclerc though slowly at Sauber.
Vettel won't allow it, already been beaten once by Ricciardo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demi Lovato doing the bleeding gums murphy version of the us anthem

A mate of mine was at the recent Spa 24 hour. Said the change in elevation around the track has to be seen to be believed.

Eau Rouge looks terrifying from the drivers perspective.

Hamilton too strong today with that Mercedes PU. Probably the same result again in Monza but then there are some Ferrari friendly tracks to come.

Yeah he made special mention of the section from La Source to Eau Rouge.
I'd love to go there to compare it to Bathurst. Walking down the hill through the dipper its hard work to not build up too much momentum. Can't imagine what its like in a car.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back