Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:

My tips

Launceston, Tigers, Clarence, North Hobart.

Launceston will fall away but they won’t fall off. Their midfield is still Harper, Palfreyman, Jones with big Groenewegen as their ruck. Then chuck in Hinds and Riley forward and a lot of very good devils and ex devils and they are still the team to beat.

I’m picking North Hobart to improve their forward line is huge and they have got rid of some toxic people both on and off the field.

My tips

Launceston, Tigers, Clarence, North Hobart.

Launceston will fall away but they won’t fall off. Their midfield is still Harper, Palfreyman, Jones with big Groenewegen as their ruck. Then chuck in Hinds and Riley forward and a lot of very good devils and ex devils and they are still the team to beat.

I’m picking North Hobart to improve their forward line is huge and they have got rid of some toxic people both on and off the field.
Launceston have had had an excellent dev league side for a number of years. They'll stay solid with a number of players that would make any other team's best 22 stuck in the 2's coming into the side. Interesting take on NH Who would you say are the toxic people?

2/3. Don't think anyone tipped against Clarence or the Tigers, and they'll probably play off for the sheep station in September, but I thought North would take Launceston. Great game of footy, glad I sat through most of that. Both will figure at the end of the season. North Hobart and Glenorchy will be fodder, but you just can't write Lauderdale off at any time...

Question: why is Kingborough officially know as just "Tigers" even though it's the Kingborough Football Club especially when the club themselves says Kingborough 🤔
I've been keeping stats forever, and it's only now I'm feeling the weight of the Kingborough naming! Everyone was calling the team the Tigers at the start, with Kingborough apparently being on the nose down there to the point they thought it necessary to disassociate, but a few years back the Australian Football site seemed to be the first to actively call the team Kingborough. Then the TSL started doing it...and now I'm looking at thousands of pages of footy stats, with every TSL Kingborough entry labelled "TIG" and it being the same club I called "KING" in the SFL and pre-war pages, thinking "do I commit to this"...!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been keeping stats forever, and it's only now I'm feeling the weight of the Kingborough naming! Everyone was calling the team the Tigers at the start, with Kingborough apparently being on the nose down there to the point they thought it necessary to disassociate, but a few years back the Australian Football site seemed to be the first to actively call the team Kingborough. Then the TSL started doing it...and now I'm looking at thousands of pages of footy stats, with every TSL Kingborough entry labelled "TIG" and it being the same club I called "KING" in the SFL and pre-war pages, thinking "do I commit to this"...!
The TSL is the only one I've seen that still us "Tiger" Exactly even the club themselves use their old name "Kingborough". Plus, no location clubs sound s**t! my pet hate

The TSL is the only one I've seen that still us "Tiger" Exactly even the club themselves use their old name "Kingborough". Plus, no location clubs sound s**t! my pet hate
Same here. Footy is about rivalry, and it's pretty hard to build up a decent grudge against "those bastards up the road" if they don't have an actual address...

Anyone know where Jackson Thurlow has gone? Not playing at Launceston it seems but isn’t playing anywhere else.

Question: why is Kingborough officially know as just "Tigers" even though it's the Kingborough Football Club especially when the club themselves says Kingborough 🤔
I've been wondering that for the longest time, everyone seems to call them Kingborough as well, but seems "officially" they're just Tigers....which I've hated for the longest time as well.

^ I think it was Wade & Co's idea of reprising the old Southern Cats idea and using Kingborough as the established club to do it rather than starting up a club from scratch like last time.
Kingborough - or Kingston as it used be known - were never very popular even in the old HFA so they dropped the name to avoid negative connotations hoping that it would get recruits from down that way and further south to come and play state league footy with them.
The last year or so it seems to have started to really kick on but it was a failure for years up til then.
Not sure if many of their old followers still follow them much anymore though.
They've always been Kingborough just that the league never used to refer to them as that trying to hoodwink everybody into believe they're not really Kingborough. Lot of bulldust really.

That North vs Launnie game was a cracker game of footy. Watched it today. Very good.
Sounded like basketball with music in between every goal.
Kingborough looked very good too, geez NH were found wanting after solid start and all this talk about a new culture ect.
Done by nearly 8 goals and would've been 12+ if Kingborough kicked straight.

^ I think it was Wade & Co's idea of reprising the old Southern Cats idea and using Kingborough as the established club to do it rather than starting up a club from scratch like last time.
Kingborough - or Kingston as it used be known - were never very popular even in the old HFA so they dropped the name to avoid negative connotations hoping that it would get recruits from down that way and further south to come and play state league footy with them.
The last year or so it seems to have started to really kick on but it was a failure for years up til then.
Not sure if many of their old followers still follow them much anymore though.
They've always been Kingborough just that the league never used to refer to them as that trying to hoodwink everybody into believe they're not really Kingborough. Lot of bulldust really.

A lot of stupid ideas came out of that office. For 'footy' people they showed a lot of stupidity & ignorance of footy history & supporters. The mess they made of NHFC being prime amongst that. Also I might add they gave clubs districts, then late in the piece decided to take the growth area of Brighton off Glenorchy & add it to Clarence. That has taken its toll in that club over time. Also saying they were blindsided when Burnie & Devonport pulled out. EVERYBODY knew they had problems that were ignored.

People blame statewide for footies problems. Really most of it was having a stupid head Office.

That North vs Launnie game was a cracker game of footy. Watched it today. Very good.
Sounded like basketball with music in between every goal.
Kingborough looked very good too, geez NH were found wanting after solid start and all this talk about a new culture ect.
Done by nearly 8 goals and would've been 12+ if Kingborough kicked straight.

I watched bits of the arvo games, & most of the L v NL game. It was only the first game I guess, but NHFC looked quite ordinary. KT were very good early then got dragged down to a messy level by NH. Clarence were good. Lauderdale struggled but put an effort it. Laun v NL was an excellent game. It looks like those 2 & Clarence will be top 3.

The Northern commentators mentioned the huge loss on Launy players but that they had some 13 players from one private school that had played together all through school.

Meanwhile in Hobart you get Hutchins kids that seem to just go to play Old Scholars, or St Virgil's kids gravitating back to their Alma Mata. Dosa suck them up too.

I watched bits of the arvo games, & most of the L v NL game. It was only the first game I guess, but NHFC looked quite ordinary. KT were very good early then got dragged down to a messy level by NH. Clarence were good. Lauderdale struggled but put an effort it. Laun v NL was an excellent game. It looks like those 2 & Clarence will be top 3.

The Northern commentators mentioned the huge loss on Launy players but that they had some 13 players from one private school that had played together all through school.

Meanwhile in Hobart you get Hutchins kids that seem to just go to play Old Scholars, or St Virgil's kids gravitating back to their Alma Mata. Dosa suck them up too.
I’ve often wondered about this.

The last couple of years I’ve probably watched more OS games than SFL or statewide and really enjoyed most of the games.

The comp seems a little old school and they have some terrific rivalry games. The competition is a good product and produces some good football.

Do I wish that all the top level players played in the highest level available, yes but this association has matured a lot over the years and is well worth watching.

Anyway, TSL. How did Norths big recruit go?

2/3. Don't think anyone tipped against Clarence or the Tigers, and they'll probably play off for the sheep station in September, but I thought North would take Launceston. Great game of footy, glad I sat through most of that. Both will figure at the end of the season. North Hobart and Glenorchy will be fodder, but you just can't write Lauderdale off at any time...

Launie and North Launie will be tough up there.
Tigers look the most impressive imo

I’ve often wondered about this.

The last couple of years I’ve probably watched more OS games than SFL or statewide and really enjoyed most of the games.

The comp seems a little old school and they have some terrific rivalry games. The competition is a good product and produces some good football.

Do I wish that all the top level players played in the highest level available, yes but this association has matured a lot over the years and is well worth watching.

Anyway, TSL. How did Norths big recruit go?
I just wish OS had better grounds than Bike track, Queenborough and Geilston Bay. Hard to watch games when on them ovals that stifle the quality due to ground being destroyed or just general size.

Launie and North Launie will be tough up there.

Tigers look the most impressive imo

I just wish OS had better grounds than Bike track, Queenborough and Geilston Bay. Hard to watch games when on them ovals that stifle the quality due to ground being destroyed or just general size.

I would wish the best players played in the TSL. AFLTas dont seem to care.

I also wish the OS clubs could be bothered doing some junior development rather than just sucking up players & doing nothing to develop them. Clearly the northern clubs don't have that problem as no OS competition exists up north.

If the TSL ends, the OS clubs will have nowhere to suck good players from.

I would wish the best players played in the TSL. AFLTas dont seem to care.

I also wish the OS clubs could be bothered doing some junior development rather than just sucking up players & doing nothing to develop them. Clearly the northern clubs don't have that problem as no OS competition exists up north.

If the TSL ends, the OS clubs will have nowhere to suck good players from.
Oh I agree on that. No TSL should be more scary for teams under than those in it. Players lose the going up to Launceston factor (even though it’s 3 trips and 2 of them u could be at UTAS an unreal ground to play on).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back