Discussion Getting a Jumper authenticated

Remove this Banner Ad

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Quick question can you or does anyone know of any places you can get your guernseys authenticated?
IE told 'Yes this is player issued etc' and not just a store bought item etc?

thanks

Those guernseys you were talking about before were DEFINITELY at least player issue!!! Doubt there's any real way to tell if it was worn or not unless it has an obvious mark or tear. It won't be necessary for you to pay more money to get it authenticated and may be impossible. Just pay player issue price for them and you'll be fine

Probably wasn't necessary to create a new thread either considering you asked the question in the other thread

Ok thats fair eonugh! sorry blokes...
Just getting a bit funny as there is no COAs....
But your right.

When you say pay player issued prices. roughly what would that be you think>?

I'm asked about verifying jumpers a fair bit, because of my website.
I would say there are no commercial outlets more capable of ascertaining the provenance of a particular jumper than some of the members on this forum.
I wouldn't take everyone's word, but there are several on here who know more about it than anyone in a shop or other commercial venture.
As for the Port jumpers, they're real, player issue jumpers.
Some have been worn in games, the other probably not.

I have no idea of value, you'd have to ask a collector, or compare it with jumpers for other clubs in places like ebay.

This board here is as good as anything. Enough combined knowledge on the board to tell you whether something's legit or not, probably more than you'd get if you hunted around for a keen collector like Mero mentioned.

You sound really stressed on whether the guernseys you posted earlier were player issues, can assure you that they were.

Also there's probably no need to start a new thread every time you have a question - that's what the Q&A thread is for :):thumbsu:

Cheers mate much appriciated!
Well i feel better buying with confidence now.
Im happy to buy all three and claim only Player issue, thats fine with me.
Just didnt want store bought items!

Just asking of you guys here.... As you both seem very knowlagable...

What would those 3 be worth each roughly youd think?
Just a rough ball park figure would be great

as yous said. its easy to work out a player issue. normally fabric is totally different. and cut. here is a essendon 07 dreamtime , not the bombers logo in the fabric. this is player worn as it was given personally from the player who wore it other than that i would have no point to prove

Just asking of you guys here.... As you both seem very knowlagable...

What would those 3 be worth each roughly youd think?
Just a rough ball park figure would be great

2001 Preseason would be worth more. Gray and more so Marlon jumpers wouldn't be worth more then $150 imo. Preseason jumper is more unique and played in a winning GF (our first trophy in the AFL)

Would pay $200-300 max for preseason, but the others I wouldn't go more then $150 if that

Authentication is pretty futile. I remember going into an old sports shop that used to be in my town. The bloke would stare you down for even entering the shop. I remember asking him about Arsenal shirts - (they actually had an 05/06 away kit in 2010... for... $150...) and if they'd order any in, and I told him about a strip I ordered. I got Prem badges and Fabregas 4. He said "You know mate, it won't have actual numbering. It's just a screen print. I could do that for $10 - honestly". He wasn't screwing me, he was just dumb.

Long story short: Don't bother.

Need some more help....
In the pics added ive circled in red the two 'MY ATM' sponsers logos.
My guernsey they appear to be stuck on after the guernsey was made.

Ive been looking at all the pics from 2009 and 2010 our away guernseys arent like it??
Can anyone help me out?? find when we used this stuck on type etc?

As i want to place some pics with the guernsey to be framed. But cant find which year / rounds they had these sticky my atm thingos

Can anyone pin point when they changed etc?

IMG_0161-1.jpg

IMG_0160-1.jpg

Need some more help....
In the pics added ive circled in red the two 'MY ATM' sponsers logos.
My guernsey they appear to be stuck on after the guernsey was made.

Ive been looking at all the pics from 2009 and 2010 our away guernseys arent like it??
Can anyone help me out?? find when we used this stuck on type etc?

As i want to place some pics with the guernsey to be framed. But cant find which year / rounds they had these sticky my atm thingos

Can anyone pin point when they changed etc?

IMG_0161-1.jpg

IMG_0160-1.jpg

I have a home one from the anniversary game worn by Westhoff. They are stuck on on that one as well, so it is from that season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks mate
would be keen on some pics to :)

From the way im seeing ti they only had the stick ons for around the first half of season 2010. Then they got them on full time.. so maybe when the guernseys were made they werent sure who was going to be there major sponser for that year. And when it was worked out they just stuck them on?

Yep, Port still hadn't secured any major sponsors until the first batch of BiB guernseys were made. Therefore, once they got myATM and AussieATM on board, the sponsors were just heat transferred on. It wasn't until much later on in the year that the sponsors were actually sublimated into the guernsey (you can tell this because on the later jumpers there is no white background around the myATM logo).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back