Discussion Getting to know fellow designers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Realised I missed like 7 questions on mine :$
Gotta say though, despite still being on of the youngest people on here it’s very different not being the youngest. Granted I don’t think there’ll be another 10 year old posting here like me in 2013 but I’m glad the younger blokes now don’t go through that learning curve of being an annoying campaigner anymore

Everyone else is doing it so hey, I'll go ahead and join!

1. Age? 15
2. Occupation/Uni course/Year level? Year 10. Only just began looking for some form of work.
3. Relationship status? Single
4. Paint/Photoshop/Illustrator? Paint only because I don't have the other two.
5. What is your earliest footy memory? Watching Russell Robertson just do what Russell Robertson does.
6. Why do you support your footy team? I was born into footy loving family, who mostly supported Carlton, so yeah you could say I supported Carlton but I always held sympathies to every other club, especially Melbourne. Anyway, my Uncle got me onto Brisbane, I took it and ran. But around 2012 and 2013 I wanted to pick my own team. Having always liked the Demons I leant towards them, however, wasn't just ready. Michael Voss was sacked at Brisbane and that was it. I wanted my own team, and one none of my family supported and now I support Melbourne.
7. Outside of footy, what is your favourite sport? It has to be Cricket, Soccer and Hockey.
8. What competition have you enjoyed the most this year? FIRA was great. The games would usually come up whenever I'd be in a dull morning classroom and made it a habit to vote at that time of the day.
9. What has been the best thing Gibbsy & Red Crow has done to this board since he became MOD? Always being mainstays here and making the board the best it can be!
10. If you could change one thing from the FJGD board, what would it be? I love it as is anyway, however, I'd just want to win a round of a comp, but first I need to enter one.
11. Which poster scares you the most? Probably Freight Train
12. Which poster on the FJGD board had the best username and/or avatar? Best Avatar: Gibbsy it's purely Iconic. Best username: Either magpienato or fancyscum.
13. In your opinion, which poster spends too much time on the FJGD board? I don't really know.
14 There has been a new wave of posters over the few months. Who do you think is most likely to succeed on this board? I came back from an absence last year and saw Nickimus Rex with great designs.
15. Who has been the biggest improver with their designs over the past year? Nickimus Rex
16. Do you know anyone else on this board, personally? I do not.
17. What is the most idiotic thing you have ever done? Tried to get swooped by a Magpie by running up and down a Railway Station platform. To this day I have never been swooped.
18. Who is your favourite individual musician? Johan Söderqvist. I liked Battlefield 1 too much.
19. One dinner, five invites. Who will you invite? (This can be from anywhere) Jim Stynes, Napoleon Bonaparte, Elias Petterson, John Aloisi & Cameron Bruce.
20. Discuss your version of the clash jumper rule. (An essay is allowed in this question, but is not compulsory) White shorts whenever possible, however, if it could be done, it won't be done. Only when it can be. Less white clash jumpers, more clubs move to club colour clash jumpers. Two alternate jumpers allowed, on the condition, the fans can vote on it every two years. Collingwood need to reinstate their Swooping Magpie, Melbourne to bring back the Flaming Demon jumper of either 2004 or 2005-07 and lastly West Coast bring back the Ochre!
21. What are your favourite TV shows? The Office, The Inbetweeners, Friday Night Dinner, Seinfeld and a few others I just can't think of.
22. What are your favourite movies? 1917, War Horse, Danger Close, The Lighthorsemen, Downfall (Der Untergang), Joker, The Dark Knight, Donnie Darko, Groundhog Day, Back to the Future.
23. What are your favourite bands? Midnight Oil, Kasabian, The Beatles, The Smiths.
24. Where did you grow up? Bendigo
25. What is your greatest accomplishment? I wouldn't say I've had many but I did have a go at my Year 9 Maths teacher and by a class decision I won convincingly.
26. What word describes you best? Different
27. What is your most rememberable moment on this board? Being nominated for MIMP was an incredible feeling, thanks guys.
29. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Looking at my answers to this with a disappointed smile on my face.
30. If you woke up as the opposite sex, what is the first thing you would do? Go back to sleep.

scary?

only if you’re a Gold Coast superfan, surely.

gonna skip a bunch of questions because why the f**k are they there.

1. Age? 25
2. Occupation/Uni course/Year level? Graphic/apparel designer
3. Relationship status? Engaged
4. Paint/Photoshop/Illustrator? Combination of PhotoShop and Illustrator, they work hand in hand for what I do.
5. What is your earliest footy memory? Weirdly enough I remember in Year One drawing in my school diary about what we did on the weekend and writing/drawing about the Eagles and drawing the Ochre. Would love to find that some day...
6. Why do you support your footy team? Grandparents went for the Dockers so I decided to be a s**t and go for the Eagles, I suppose. Plus, I was born in Subiaco the week of the '94 premiership, which works out well.
7. Outside of footy, what is your favourite sport? Football (soccer), cricket and basketball.
8. What competition have you enjoyed the most this year? FIRA - mostly because I got to enjoy it as a spectator for once!
10. If you could change one thing from the FJGD board, what would it be? More designers, especially of a high standard, would be great.
12. Which poster on the FJGD board had the best username and/or avatar? Best avy is Gibbsy, best name is Bacon Warrior
15. Who has been the biggest improver with their designs over the past year? Barrybran has flown under the radar a bit but has made leaps and bounds. Is due for a big win, IMO.
16. Do you know anyone else on this board, personally? MKMatty, Spanna_ Bacon Warrior are the ones I've met (I think that's all of them) and I do a bit of work for TheLoungeLizard - paths should cross IRL soon enough.
17. What is the most idiotic thing you have ever done? Get blackout drunk at a mate's 21st, walk to Canning Bridge train station, fall down the stairs and wake up in hospital with a concussion. That, or date my last ex which may have coincided with this incident in the fallout from that...
18. Who is your favourite individual musician? Kimbra. Love her work to bits, so versatile, very underrated. If you only know her from Somebody That I Used To Know, you're doing yourself a disservice.
19. One dinner, five ten invites. Who will you invite? (This can be from anywhere) Dave Grohl, Luis Figo, Chris Jericho, Mark Calaway (The Undertaker), CM Punk, Dwayne Johnson, Kyle Lowry, Hayley Williams, Robert Downey Jr, Jack Black. Lots of pro-wrestling influence but they'd have the best stories.
20. Discuss your version of the clash jumper rule. (An essay is allowed in this question, but is not compulsory) Contrast is the key, and it can be done effectively without using white, unless white is the club colours. The best example of this is West Coast's current set up, with two very well contrasting guernseys.
21. What are your favourite TV shows? Chuck, Game of Thrones, Stranger Things, The Good Place, The Office, Parks and Rec (basically anything Michael Schur has touched), Black Mirror, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and probably more I have forgotten.
22. What are your favourite movies? The Dark Knight, Mean Girls, Pulp Fiction, Predator, Die Hard, No Country For Old Men, The Hangover, Jurassic Park, The Lost Boys and as above, probably more I have forgotten.
23. What are your favourite bands? Foo Fighters, Twenty One Pilots, Alter Bridge, Metallica, Paramore, Marmozets, Tonight Alive, Fall Out Boy, Rise Against, The Killers, NWA, CHVRCHES, Fozzy, Stone Sour and more.
24. Where did you grow up? Kwinana/Rockingham
25. What is your greatest accomplishment? Bit of a cop-out but I'd honestly say it's where I have gotten myself in life - live in a nice place with my wonderful fiancee and work in essentially my dream job (just not quite the dream salary yet...)
26. What word describes you best? Creative
27. What is your most memorable moment on this board? NAFL 2018-19. Not sure I'll ever design anything better than that, and winning in such an incredible field of entries was awesome. Although still think Dylan8 was somewhat robbed.
29. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Hopefully working for a bigger name company as an apparel designer and actually making a difference in the world of sports apparel. (Yo Lucev23, hook me up)
30. If you woke up as the opposite sex, what is the first thing you would do? What most people would do, let's be honest.

Why oh why am I doing this again.........oh yeah, bored, that makes sense.

1. Age? 3......(mumbling)5

2. Occupation/Uni course/Year level? Education Sector, in a school and classrooms, not a teacher.

3. Relationship status? Well lets just say that I ain't putting down +1's on wedding invites.

4. Paint/PhotoShop/Illustrator? Photoshop, with some tinkering in Illustrator happening.

5. What is your earliest footy memory? For AFL, I have no idea, League would be going to Campbelltown Stadium for Magpies games, or getting autographs from players on the main street.

6. Why do you support your footy team? Locality

7. Outside of footy, what is your favourite sport? Soccer, League, Union, Baseball, American Football, Ice Hockey, the list goes on.

8. What competition have you enjoyed the most this year? (From the Designathalon to the NAFL, but not inclusive) Probably the NAFL, but each has its own charm.

9. What has been the best thing Gibbsy & Red Crow has done to this board since he became MOD? Don't notice their mod presence, so I guess that.

10. If you could change one thing from the FJGD board, what would it be? A return to larger league competition participation.

11. Which poster scares you the most? None.

12. Which poster on the FJGD board had the best username and/or avatar? Don't pay that much attention, or really care about that.

13. In your opinion, which poster spends too much time on the FJGD board? Don't know, don't care so long as the board is active.

14 There has been a new wave of posters over the few months. Who do you think is most likely to succeed on this board? Anyone that puts the effort in to keep improving.

15. Who has been the biggest improver with their designs over the past year? There have been a couple within the last year or 2. Will not single them out, we all know who they are.

16. Do you know anyone else on this board, personally? Nope, have chatted to a couple on FB, but that is it.

17. What is the most idiotic thing you have ever done? Oh where do I start...

18. Who is your favourite Disney singer? See question 1, was too old to know/care about Disney having singers.

19. One dinner, five invites. Who will you invite? (This can be from anywhere) Neil deGrasse Tyson, Stephen Fry, Brian Cox, Gal Gadot, Jeremy Clarkson.

20. Discuss your version of the clash jumper rule. (An essay is allowed in this question, but is not compulsory) If the colours are similar away teams wear change kit.

21. What are your favourite TV shows? Too many to name, or even think of. Recent watches have included: The Mandalorian, The Good Place, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Star Trek Picard,

22. What are you favourite movies? Top 3 all time: The Green Mile, Children of Men, Jurassic Park; Top 3 Disney: The Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast (original)

23. What are your favourite bands? How long do you want this post to be? I shift my music taste all the time so there are a lot.

But you asked, so here we go (only a selection, there are more).

ABBA
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Amaranthe
The Beach Boys
Belinda Carlisle
Big & Rich
Billy Joel
Blake Shelton
Bon Jovi
Carrie Underwood
Chicago
Cold Chisel
The Corrs
Crowded House
Daughtry
Def Leppard
Dido
Dixie Chicks
The Doors
Elton John
Emerson Drive
Evanescene
Fleetwood Mac
Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
Green Day
Guns 'n' Roses
Hunters & Collectors
INXS
John Farnham
Kelly Clarkson
Lady Antebellum
Led Zeppelin
Live
Maroon 5
Matchbox Twenty
The McClymonts
Meatloaf
Metallica
Michael Buble
Michael Jackson
Midnight Oil
Nickelback
Nightwish
The Offspring
Pearl Jam
Phil Collins
The Police
Queen
R.E.M.
Rascal Flatts
Sara Evans
Shania Twain
Taylor Swift (not so much her pop stuff)
Trace Adkins
U2
Van Halen
Weird Al Yankovic
The Who
Within Temptation

24. Where did you grow up? South West Sydney (sans 2 years)

25. What is your greatest accomplishment? I think it comes down to small things over big ones. Like every time I see the light bulb go off in a students head following something I have helped them understand.

26. What word describes you best? Me. (True story, have given the same answer in job interviews before.)

27. What is your most rememberable moment on this board? Can't really pick one, there have been many, both good and bad.

28. When on this board have you felt most alone? (if ever) That one time everyone left and I was stuck on the high rings for hours.

29. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Still here doing one of these.

30. If you woke up as the opposite sex, what is the first thing you would do? Wouldn't you like to know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back