Unsolved Girls that went missing from Adelaide Oval 1973

Remove this Banner Ad

Would South West take them towards Keswick?
keswick is miles away, even using parklands there are several main roads to cross, no, imo their journey took them under the morphett st bridge, along the river (torrens lake) to the weir, then through, past the gaol, to bonython park, which is where they were later sighted, heading in a general north adelaide direction

keswick is miles away, even using parklands there are several main roads to cross, no, imo their journey took them under the morphett st bridge, along the river (torrens lake) to the weir, then through, past the gaol, to bonython park, which is where they were later sighted, heading in a general north adelaide direction
I have read a report to indicate the POI could have taken a Red Hen train. West lived within a couple of minutes walk of the Keswick railway station. A very easy getaway.

It will be interesting to watch the report on the Adelaide Oval Children next week. I will see if I can pick up on any points that may help support my theory.

I have read a report to indicate the POI could have taken a Red Hen train. West lived within a couple of minutes walk of the Keswick railway station. A very easy getaway.
I raised this earlier - given the sightings then it would more likely to be the North Adelaide train station - which run/ran behind the Adelaide Gaol and the golf course.

If he did this then catching the train back INTO the city - transferring - then getting to Keswick seems a lot of work with 2 children - both agitated.

If he took the train I surmise he went North to Kilburn etc

I raised this earlier - given the sightings then it would more likely to be the North Adelaide train station - which run/ran behind the Adelaide Gaol and the golf course.

If he did this then catching the train back INTO the city - transferring - then getting to Keswick seems a lot of work with 2 children - both agitated.

Unfortunately, I do not know the geography of that part of Adelaide, or the rail system. I am just relaying what I know.

Agreed, having grown up in Adelaides northern suburbs and travelled the Gawler Central line too many times to mention I've never seen a train leave North Adelaide railway station and arrive at Keswick without terminating at Adelaide railway station first.

Under Investigation program
Ive seen the promo Video.
Looks like the producers are using facial recognition software to match the identikit with offender... Brown or Hart?

With the Mr Cruel program last year, the producers tended to borrow from the various online researchers.
hopefully they haven't pinched anything this time.

I still maintain the offender is an unknown, residing at the time in the vicinity of the old Faulding factory.

Sorry Johny, that made me laugh..
Saying "with a special guest appearance from **************" has to be an oxymoron LOL
Do they think they'll get more viewers because he's on the show!!
I think Bill Hayes appears on it as well, stay tuned for in depth discussion monday night

Unfortunately, I do not know the geography of that part of Adelaide, or the rail system. I am just relaying what I know.
The offender was using the Park lands as cover. On foot he had the perfect escape route.

Anybody chasing the offender in a vehicle, would lose sight of the trio when they headed across the weir on the river.
The police or citizens chasing, would have to head across Morphett Road (city) or head to Park terrace (nth Adel) to intercept! Unfortunately, they were never followed.
If anyone was running after him, he would have surely dumped the victims and then try to lose the pursuers in Bonython Park.
There is also a remote possibility he had a car parked in the area called Pinky's Flat.

For your POI. He could have headed south from Bonython Park. Using the parkland/scrub that ran alongside the rail line. Follow that it will lead to Keswick, but is a really long walk. Adding another 3-4kms to the journey.
Police searched and door knocked the area west of the Coke Factory. I guess they thought he was headed there.
Also a suggestion he was headed towards Prospect to the North. It all depends on what offender was living in that particular direction

i dont normally watch fee to air tv, but will keep an eye out for it.
It will surely be posted on their youtube channel at some stage. Its where I saw their dodgy MrC episode
Pretty much a program focussed on two suspects, not on finding new suspects. Again, it looks like police just focus on who they have, not on other POI.

I am a little confused about geographical sightings. - The lolly boy saw them heading towards Bonython Park and Sue Lawrie saw them heading in the direction of the Zoo. Aren't these totally opposite directions?

- Did Sue Lawrie's parents also see them?

- If the grandson gave the police the information about the country property where the girls were killed, why hasn't this been searched?

- They talked about a distinguishing hat type that was he wearing. Does anyone know what type this actually was?

Are any of these investigators/journalists on this forum?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The offender was using the Park lands as cover. On foot he had the perfect escape route.

Anybody chasing the offender in a vehicle, would lose sight of the trio when they headed across the weir on the river.
The police or citizens chasing, would have to head across Morphett Road (city) or head to Park terrace (nth Adel) to intercept! Unfortunately, they were never followed.
If anyone was running after him, he would have surely dumped the victims and then try to lose the pursuers in Bonython Park.
There is also a remote possibility he had a car parked in the area called Pinky's Flat.

For your POI. He could have headed south from Bonython Park. Using the parkland/scrub that ran alongside the rail line. Follow that it will lead to Keswick, but is a really long walk. Adding another 3-4kms to the journey.
Police searched and door knocked the area west of the Coke Factory. I guess they thought he was headed there.
Also a suggestion he was headed towards Prospect to the North. It all depends on what offender was living in that particular direction
Were there any train stops along the way?

Were there any train stops along the way?
He's taken great steps to avoid contact with people. Personally, I can't see him getting on a train.
If there were transit police or a diligent conductor, the abduction would have been all over.
There's no telling how many people could have been on the train. It's a high-risk plan for the offender

Pretty much a program focussed on two suspects, not on finding new suspects. Again, it looks like police just focus on who they have, not on other POI.

I am a little confused about geographical sightings. - The lolly boy saw them heading towards Bonython Park and Sue Lawrie saw them heading in the direction of the Zoo. Aren't these totally opposite directions?

- Did Sue Lawrie's parents also see them?

- If the grandson gave the police the information about the country property where the girls were killed, why hasn't this been searched?

- They talked about a distinguishing hat type that was he wearing. Does anyone know what type this actually was?

Are any of these investigators/journalists on this forum?
The property is called Yatina, located in the mid north. It's had a few search groups, go through the house and surrounding properties.
I gather the first group to search the house and dam were a private group. This group comprised a PI and others with possible Bikie connections.

What they found triggered a Police search lasting a few days. searches can be seen on youtube.

Your first point regarding the direction of sightings.
Hundreds of sightings flooded in post abduction, the producers opted to go for this one. the program is probably poorly researched.

The UI show, aways demonstrates a case breaking new detection method, this time they have rediscovered facial recognition.

your last question, Are any of these investigators/journalists on this forum?
A couple of journalists comment from time to time, including the guy you saw on the UI program.
A few child-protection advocates. There is an Author or two, true crime researchers and amateur sleuths.
the ex cop you saw on last night's program, runs the Satin man Theory and book

Re UI program
A 2013 article in The Advertiser, had Suzie wanting the family friend called Frank investigated. Indicating he knew more about the Abduction. This line of enquiry wasn't mentioned during the UI report.

Re UI program
A 2013 article in The Advertiser, had Suzie wanting the family friend called Frank investigated. Indicating he knew more about the Abduction. This line of enquiry wasn't mentioned during the UI report.

Damm. I have never heard anything about that.

After you watch the UI program it seems like what of those two Stanley *******s is responsible.

But it´s so sad. I hate thinking about what those poor girls went through.

I also feel sorry for the the ground announcer who never made the call over the ground asap. He must of died of guilt every day.

Damm. I have never heard anything about that.

After you watch the UI program it seems like what of those two Stanley *******s is responsible.

But it´s so sad. I hate thinking about what those poor girls went through.

I also feel sorry for the the ground announcer who never made the call over the ground asap. He must of died of guilt every day.
to my knowledge suzie later changed her mind about frank, the announcement could have been made at three quarter time without disturbing the game, or even after a goal had been kicked, but it wasnt, something tells me the announcer wouldnt have lost too much sleep ...

in this there is period film of three of the witnesses, kilmartin, from a distance, but two other men who speak to an interviewer, i believe one of them was ken wohling, but does anyone know who the other man was, who seemed to be a ground employee?

to my knowledge suzie later changed her mind about frank, the announcement could have been made at three quarter time without disturbing the game, or even after a goal had been kicked, but it wasnt, something tells me the announcer wouldnt have lost too much sleep ...

I don´t know. After knowing what evenuated if you put yourself in his shoes.. personally I´ld be a wreck.

Thing is he was probably doing his job and following orders. Things would of changed after this.

I don´t know. After knowing what evenuated if you put yourself in his shoes.. personally I´ld be a wreck.

Thing is he was probably doing his job and following orders. Things would of changed after this.
indeed they did, but not until 1976, and only because les ratcliffe lobbied tirelessly for legislative change to make such announcements mandatory, as late as 1979, which is how long it took for a proper inquiry into the case, the saca representative's only emphasis was in making saca look good despite the decisions made at the oval in 73

Remove this Banner Ad

Back