2nds Glenelg vs Port Adelaide - Round 4 @ Glenelg

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the cattle around them like?
Not great - Farrell and friends. It’s more that we’re getting clean first touch at stoppage due to Hayes dominance. Instead of driving it long to Surman (Ladham’s a non-entity unless he wins the free), they’re handballing into congestion or at each other’s feet. Rockliff especially.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

51-12 marks according to the stats.

if 18 players laid on their backs on the field odds are the ball would fall into their laps 12 times by now. What are we doing, running away from the ball?
When Glenelg are playing uncontested chip footy, we are zoning back. We need turn it into a contested game and push up on them and force them to turn it over.

This Magpies team has some supposedly good kickers who don’t kick well enough.

yes and no.

lienert Farrell McKenzie and Schofield are the known decent kicks (and McKenzie isn’t really a good controlled kick, he’s just a guy who can roost it) in this side and you’re never going to exploit a team with your footskills when they’re surrounded by a dozen country park footballers who wouldn’t be playing sanfl if not for the sanfls bizarre rules against port.

Our coaches continue to talk Ladhams up ahead of Hayes, including his skills as a tall forward. I don’t get it.

Ladhams obviously out of touch when dropped and hasn't looked close to getting touch back.
Hayes a legitimate ruck who can take a mark.
Coaches have it wrong.

So this "VFL" is shown nationally on FoxFooty? I wonder if the East Coast AFL clubs get any extra benefits from this.
When Glenelg are playing uncontested chip footy, we are zoning back. We need turn it into a contested game and push up on them and force them to turn it over.
Yeah I’m not talking about Glenelgs mark count, just how low ours is.

12 for a half is bad, especially against a team like Glenelg who aren’t aerially dominant by any means.

weve absolutely been horrid up forward and barely took 1 mark there. Don’t look threatening at all. Backs can’t take an intercept mark to save their life. Mids should be working into space and taking marks but aren’t working and we wouldn’t hit them if they were

Remove this Banner Ad

Back