Competitions Goalkicking comp 2017 - congrats David the Cat

Remove this Banner Ad

Same deal as last year (Sttew is the current title holder).

The 2017 Geelong Board Goalkicking Comp

Shamelessly ripped off from other boards, it goes like this:

Rules

Basic premise: Select one (1) Geelong goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out.

You can't pick the same player twice.

The last remaining person left that hasn't been knocked out wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this thread. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. If you pick someone twice you're eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

Immunity Card: If your player kicks the first goal of the game (the game, not just the Cats' first goal) then you earn an Immunity Card. An Immunity Card can be used if your selected player fails to kick a goal. It's like a Get Out of Jail Free card.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who.

Forgetting: If you forget to put in a goal kicker you will be allocated the Cats player with the lowest guernsey number playing that round that eligible to be selected by you. E.g. If you have already selected Stanley (1) and Bartel (3) in previous rounds (so you cannot select them again) and Smedts (2) is playing, your selection will be Smedts. If Smedts isn't playing but Mackie (4) is, you'll get Mackie. And so on.

Tiebreaker: In the event of a tie (the last remaining participants bomb out in the same round) we will do a countback to tally how many goals their selected players picked up until that round. The most goals wins. If still tied, the player selected who kicked the most goals in a match wins. If still tied, buggered if I know, I'll make it up in the unlikely event that happens!

Enjoy! Let me know if you want in here. Any questions, fire away.

Signed-up posters:

catempire
Sttew
Doctor Gero
Lana
Landgraft
catstorm
Daniel McL
BotsMaster
patience
you pick one
Vdubs
Hood007
Nakia
James1970
Seeds
cats_09
STPer18
ijaxcat
Whiskers
Lana

Last edited:

Questions-
no limit on who is selected? ie can multiple people select the same player?
I'm keen, although likely to go out rd 1.

No first come first serve, so you better get in quick before you're stuck with Ruggles.

No first come first serve, so you better get in quick before you're stuck with Ruggles.
Well if is based on order of saying yes, I'll pass. I doubt we will have enough goal kickers to allow 6-7 to continue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if is based on order of saying yes, I'll pass. I doubt we will have enough goal kickers to allow 6-7 to continue.

No it is in the order of the poster who writes in a players name in this thread before the round begins. With each round starting at 00:01 am Monday morning of the week of the game. So you can't reserve a player for round 1 yet.

No it is in the order of the poster who writes in a players name in this thread before the round begins. With each round starting at 00:01 am Monday morning of the week of the game. So you can't reserve a player for round 1 yet.
Where are these rules from?
Surely it should be based on the selected team for that match.
Anyway, it seemed to work for you guys last year.

Where are these rules from?
Surely it should be based on the selected team for that match.
Anyway, it seemed to work for you guys last year.

Should be somewhere in last years thread.

You're not locked into your player until the match actually starts. So if they aren't selected in the 22 on Thursday you can pick again or at any other point in the week but someone else can grab that player. If your player is a late withdrawal you get the player that replaces them if you don't pick another player in time.

Should be somewhere in last years thread.

You're not locked into your player until the match actually starts. So if they aren't selected in the 22 on Thursday you can pick again or at any other point in the week but someone else can grab that player. If your player is a late withdrawal you get the player that replaces them if you don't pick another player in time.
Oi. Stop making up rules!

Vdubs see the OP for actual rules!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back