Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Some members being invited to focus groups this week for a “brand refresh” but phones will be confiscated and it will include an NDA.
Interestingly, this is par for course with recent expansion clubs. Port Adelaide rebranded to their current chevron V design after their 13th season in the AFL (2010) and Fremantle rebranded to their purple with white Vs design after their 16th season in the AFL (2011). This is our 14th season in the AFL.

Oh this must be the thing Mark Evans told me was happening last year, it must move at a snail's pace. Good to hear they are finally doing something though. Hopefully they go with something like these classics. The red being home, yellow away and the clash can be anything, it doesn't really matter.

View attachment 1975208

The black and gold looks good. I bought one of these recently
df577791dc6407858b080b5a1dd063d2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either of that middle row for mine.
There's so many cool designs they could go with. I always liked the idea of a city/skyline jumper, but I can't decide if I want it to be our regular home jumper or a special jumper that we wear once or twice a year for a particular reason like the ANZAC jumper.

uWIO4jS.jpg

Last edited:
There's so many cool designs they could go with. I always liked the idea of a city/skyline jumper, but I can't decide if I want it to be our regular home jumper or a special jumper that we wear once or twice a year for a particular reason like the ANZAC jumper.

uWIO4jS.jpg

Titans done a similar one in 2021
9fa7463e0547e0a103f4fb5d25ea43e8.jpg

Neon Lights City Jersey - Key Features

Jersey features highlights from across the city, including;

The Broadbeach Skyline, Warner Bros. Movie World, Cbus Super Stadium, iconic beaches, Burleigh Hill and more.

I’ll try and put my thoughts into words, sorry if it seems clunky.

So I walked out of the brand refresh feeling really flat.

They showed us 3 designs. Mostly focusing on the logo and putting it in a lineup with all other club logos for comparison.

Logo Design 1.

This was awful, really awful.
But, the guernsey they slapped it on was GREAT.

Red to Yellow gradient. Starting with red at the bottom changing into yellow around the chest and up, with red hems and collars!

The away was yellow and yellow gradient.
(Looked okay nothing great like the yellow training jumper)

The clash was blue and red gradient, looked really good - think phoenix suns but more blue than purple.

Logo Design 2.

This was the best logo that was offered up.

They had placed this on a 2 toned red jumper. Think soccer shirt where it’s red with darker red lines quite busy, I hated it.

And a yellow version - the same.

Logo Design 3.

This logo was also terrible.

On the guernseys they had changed the red and blue shades to almost lions colors. And the logo on this one was really big and quite low on the jumper in a darker shade of the same color of the jumpers.

I have written a lot about the different jumper designs they showed us and honestly if the put logo 2 onto guernsey 1 it would be pretty decent design.

But they didn’t seem to care about the actual guernsey design. Every time I asked about it or gave feed back they tried to put me back into talking about the logo. It seemed like it would be an after thought.

They did concede that they would be going with some type of gradient and all signs pointed to yellow being the away/clash.

Anyone who wants a “traditional” strip will be disappointed.

I should also say he did stress that these designs weren’t anywhere near completion before he showed us, to the point where he almost sounded defensive, almost like he had negative feedback all day.

It is happening. 2025 we will be in a new kit.

Members will be shown in November.

I didn’t end up signing any type of NDA and we didn’t have to give them our phones, just turn them off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They showed us 3 designs. Mostly focusing on the logo and putting it in a lineup with all other club logos for comparison.

Logo Design 1.

Red to Yellow gradient. Starting with red at the bottom changing into yellow around the chest and up, with red hems and collars!

The clash was blue and red gradient, looked really good - think phoenix suns but more blue than purple.

Logo Design 2.

They had placed this on a 2 toned red jumper. Think soccer shirt where it’s red with darker red lines quite busy, I hated it.

Logo Design 3.

On the guernseys they had changed the red and blue shades to almost lions colors. And the logo on this one was really big and quite low on the jumper in a darker shade of the same color of the jumpers.

I have written a lot about the different jumper designs they showed us and honestly if the put logo 2 onto guernsey 1 it would be pretty decent design.

But they didn’t seem to care about the actual guernsey design. Every time I asked about it or gave feed back they tried to put me back into talking about the logo. It seemed like it would be an after thought.

They did concede that they would be going with some type of gradient and all signs pointed to yellow being the away/clash.

I should also say he did stress that these designs weren’t anywhere near completion before he showed us, to the point where he almost sounded defensive, almost like he had negative feedback all day.

I didn’t end up signing any type of NDA and we didn’t have to give them our phones, just turn them off.
Thanks for sharing mate :thumbsu: The gradient one you've described with design 1 sounds really good. Like you said, throw the best logo from design 2 on the gradient jumper from design 1 and you've potentially got a winner. It also sounds like the club has listened to the fans' desire to use more yellow in the jumper after how popular the training kit was earlier this year. Any chance you could show us the comparable NBA jersey design you're referring to so we have a visual comparison?

Fingers crossed they nail it. We need this new jumper/logo design to be good!

Logo Design 1.

Logo Design 2.

Logo Design 3.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Thanks for info. Did other people have the same view like you? I assume more supporters attended. Are you saying that 2 logos were worse than current one? That seems impossible, haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back