Review Good/Bad vs Melbourne - Rd 22

Remove this Banner Ad

After Fritsch on the weekend it got me thinking that we’ve had a lot of individual bags of goals kicked against us this year. Off the top of my head I can think of Darling, Koschitzke, Elliott, Cripps, Riewoldt and now Fritsch kicking 5 or more.

Oppo forwards seem to be able to get off the chain and it seems our coaches are unable to stem the bleeding. Are we stubbornly sticking to our matchups for too long? It seems like we have no Plan B once
Things go sideways.

Have both...
The Dee's beat up on port in the preliminary final and Lever does his knee. Misses Grand final and premiership.
P.s... I'm not advocating a player gets injured so I'm happy to downgrade this to Lever getting reported in the prelim. Misses the GF.🥳
And to top it off, can BT please be commentating when it happens.

After Fritsch on the weekend it got me thinking that we’ve had a lot of individual bags of goals kicked against us this year. Off the top of my head I can think of Darling, Koschitzke, Elliott, Cripps, Riewoldt and now Fritsch kicking 5 or more.

Oppo forwards seem to be able to get off the chain and it seems our coaches are unable to stem the bleeding. Are we stubbornly sticking to our matchups for too long? It seems like we have no Plan B once
Things go sideways.
Scott Burns impersonating Benny?

He is defence coach isn't he?

Why didn't Dwayne Russell spend the game raving on about how Melbourne traded Jack Watts to Port for Bayley Fritsch?

I'd be willing to bet that if it was Adelaide who did that trade that he'd be talking about it non stop.

Have both...
The Dee's beat up on port in the preliminary final and Lever does his knee. Misses Grand final and premiership.
P.s... I'm not advocating a player gets injured so I'm happy to downgrade this to Lever getting reported in the prelim. Misses the GF.🥳

Maybe have him choke on his own moustache and spend GF week recovering from the operation to dislodge it.

Things go sideways.
It's a fair call but I'm sure the coaches and players are aware.
As far as plan b goes, even though we've tried our guts out this year (massive tick ✔️), it looks like we're only just making plan a work.
Maybe next year with more maturity...

Things go sideways.
You watch a lot of them, it's probably down to the midfield giving up a free and easy clearance and the ball is in our back 50 within 15 seconds of the centre bounce.

From how Nicks spoke on after the game, sounded like the last 3 minutes we 100% gambled on getting a clearance and went so far attacking we had zero defensive setup in the midfield and it resulted in 3 goals in as many minutes being kicked on us.

True, but the incentive for Carlton was not to finish below Richmond, but rather to stay under 16.5 premiership points to get a priority pick. Which they nailed bu being 4-7 at the midpoint of the season before ending up at 4-18 and in position to take Kreuzer.

I’m aware.

point being lost is that Richmond finished even below those 2 teams without “destroying” any possibility of ever having a winning culture

You watch a lot of them, it's probably down to the midfield giving up a free and easy clearance and the ball is in our back 50 within 15 seconds of the centre bounce.

From how Nicks spoke on after the game, sounded like the last 3 minutes we 100% gambled on getting a clearance and went so far attacking we had zero defensive setup in the midfield and it resulted in 3 goals in as many minutes being kicked on us.
This is good to know... just in case we need North to "steal" the points away from us this week.😉

We may need Blighty in the coaches box along side Nick's. Let's hope Nick's start trying some things as he needs too.
I don't care if Blighty sits on Nicks' left and Clarko on his right.
I don't care what they try, or do, or who they select, heck, even if they bring back Frampton,
as long as they lose.

Draft Pick #2 is fair reward for this year.

It will make Nicks and all of the remaining players try that little bit harder next year

Our CBA numbers are pretty depressing. Only four mids used in there (compared to Melbourne's eight).

We treat the midfield like it is still 2008.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back