Good Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was just thinking, if someone was to say to you last week that Geelong would play some good football, how many of you would have pencilled in a win?

Following that, did you think Geelong played good football on the weekend?

I see what you did there. Is this where we say that we played good football, but still got beaten - which proves how great Fremantle are - which gives you some validation?

did you think Geelong played good football on the weekend?
Yes, Geelong did play good football. But as with Rounds 1 and 2, they didn't play enough good football across the whole match - just in patches. Difference was that in the first two rounds they had the legs to play their best football until the final siren.

So what's your point? :rolleyes:

We played patchy football, with many, many uncharacteristic turnovers, and a fair lack of structure.
But our endeavour was good and we almost jagged a win, when most realistic Cat's supporters hoped for, rather than expected, a win.
Building nicely into the year without putting senior players at risk, and blooding a few good kids.
I guess if I was a Freo supporter I'd think Geelong played "good" footy.

Considering we had four players out there with a combined four games of experience, and quite a few in unusual positions (who would have thought Gamble would ever play in the backline?), we played some good footy. However we also conceded more scoring shots than we have in a game since 2006, and also 59 inside 50s, which would be a concern I would have thought.

to be 14 points up in the final quarter and lose does not equal good footy. We had some patches of good play but overall it wasn't one of our best performances. But it is only round 3 and Premierships aren't won in April, so don't go getting a big head too soon.

Offensively we played well, kicking 17 goals should have been enough to win the game but defensively we were poor, When freo were kicking out from a behind they got it out to easy and they were far more disciplined in their defensive structures than we were and to allow Pavlich to gather 26 dispoals and 5 goals not good. I enjoyed watching the game except for the end but good on Freo they were more disciplined than we were.

Was just thinking, if someone was to say to you last week that Geelong would play some good football, how many of you would have pencilled in a win?

Following that, did you think Geelong played good football on the weekend?

Yes we did, but not good enough. A bit like you blokes will do if we play again in September.

regards,

REB

It was a great game of footy... WE played some good footy, and some unaccountable sloppy footy with some key players out.

Take nothing away from Freo, as it was a good win though.

I think Fremantle is a very impressive side this year! We had a depleted team, but they are a lot stronger than people give them credit for!

I'm new, my brother introduced this site to me! Goo Geelong!!!

Maybe the OP should have been a little more humble. After our last few treks across I certainly didn't have any confidence with all the outs we had.

Like many smart posters have observed, premierships are not won in April. Was a good contest, Freo played their best and we underperformed badly.

Will be different this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back