Goulburn Valley FL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is the potential for upsets Dees64.
Echuca and Euroa should win.
The Swans might just yet get two in a row with the quality Seymour outs. (Sorry Ultra)
Benalla will be punished by the champs after Ky's close win against Euroa.
Mansfield might be a potential danger game for Rochy ... but reckon the Tigers will continue their resurgence.
Tatura v Shepp is an interesting one. I reckon the Bulldogs will come out snarling after last weeks loss. Big upset.

Just putting it out there but I reckon both Echuca and Rochy will make the final six.
Seymour might be the unlucky side to finish in seventh position. Sounds like they are cruelled by injury.

Saw it tonight Silver, anything can happen in footy. I would think the lions still win at home.
Rohan Bail said to miss up to 12 weeks with a hamstring as well. Not good for the pies or competition.

The Lions will not be wanting to let this slip but injuries have bared their list. Swans will sniff another opportunity and could give them a scare. Lions by 20.
The Echuca lads will want me to keep picking against them as they keep winning. Not this time, go Bombers by 32.
Benalla will come to Ky confident they can match it. Ky are coming off a win they are treating as a loss.... that only means trouble for the Saints. Ky by 10 goals.
Euroa will be savage (but very sore) from a loss they snatched from the jaws of victory. Cats will be tested hard and find an 8 goal loss coming.
Tatura to do it again and lose by 15.
The Eagles will bring it closer at home but go down by 20.

Last edited:
Colbo is a unique breeding area for talent. How many towns could boast two current AFL footballers with a population of 200? Barlow & McIvoy both went to the primary school. Back in the day the Colbo pub would turn over twice the number of barrels than both Rushy pubs combined, probably still does!
Want about bloke by name of Weeks here when alright for both teams

Saw it tonight Silver, anything can happen in footy. I would think the lions still win at home.
Rohan Bail said to miss up to 12 weeks with a hamstring as well. Not good for the pies or competition.

To premier mids in the comp out with bad string injuries.

Feel for Jason who was again named in the Vic Country squad, had a big start to the year. Footy can be cruel sometimes.

Love your work Dees64, BUT......to(going somewhere) too (as in also) Two (the numeric value)!! The Lions are in trouble now and think that they will only be making up the numbers come September. A year of promise has been crueller by the loss of Cole and Meredith as well as 5-6 others. The future of Saad is at the crossroads as well! Should still account for Swans but they need to bank these 4 points otherwise in trouble.

One of the strongest teams in this era (Benalla) has managed to field 17 in their U18s and 16 Reserve players including a couple of thirds who have already played 4 quarters. We have been discussing player numbers on this site recently. The leagues' administrations across the state need to think forward as this is happening more and more. If it happens to a competitive club in the GV what is happening in the minor leagues?

Love your work Dees64, BUT......to(going somewhere) too (as in also) Two (the numeric value)!! The Lions are in trouble now and think that they will only be making up the numbers come September. A year of promise has been crueller by the loss of Cole and Meredith as well as 5-6 others. The future of Saad is at the crossroads as well! Should still account for Swans but they need to bank these 4 points otherwise in trouble.
Do you mean cruelled ?

One of the strongest teams in this era (Benalla) has managed to field 17 in their U18s and 16 Reserve players including a couple of thirds who have already played 4 quarters. We have been discussing player numbers on this site recently. The leagues' administrations across the state need to think forward as this is happening more and more. If it happens to a competitive club in the GV what is happening in the minor leagues?
Footy needs to return to a community sport ran by local people , who wish to make it enjoyable and a place where people enjoy going to interact .
Get rid of the idea of trying to run country footy as though it is the AFL competition with clubs who have multiple full time employees.
Enjoyment , community connection and encouraging positive relationships between clubs should be at the forefront.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footy needs to return to a community sport ran by local people , who wish to make it enjoyable and a place where people enjoy going to interact .
Get rid of the idea of trying to run country footy as though it is the AFL competition with clubs who have multiple full time employees.
Enjoyment , community connection and encouraging positive relationships between clubs should be at the forefront.

But Clubs and Coaches run clubs like they are AFL.
Zones , Set Plays, High Rotations
Videoing games, multiple coaches
And struggle with their 2nds.

Footy changed

To premier mids in the comp out with bad string injuries.

Feel for Jason who was again named in the Vic Country squad, had a big start to the year. Footy can be cruel sometimes.

Yep agree with your thoughts in relation to Cole. Be interested to see if Marrone gets a game in the Vic Country side as based upon form he definitely should. Stroobants not so much, but selectors don't always select based upon form.

Surprised their aren't more Benalla blokes other than Martyn in the squad, given the amount of them who auditioned in the GV side.

I think it could be more of a long term than short term injury. Next week will show us where they are. Good to see your hackles rising and feel the club is on the right track.

I think it is high time to give Briggs a spell in relation to his coaching, and wait and see how it pans out. A couple of linking mids would tidy them up nicely. Any chance of a couple of Pioneers being available come finals if required?

Dropped into Tatura to have a look at the game with Bears. Wong and Smith were the difference with both kicking 7 goals each. Disappointing for Tatura with a first half filled with short chips, kicking backwards and a huge amount of turnovers. The Doggies got smashed out the back of stoppages all day and their midfielders looked pedestrian. Good signs that they fought back after being 40 points down at half time. But realistically they really only have half a side and no obvious game plan. Could be a long 2nd half of the year for Jamo and the squad. Bears looked classy at times but we're also very undisciplined at times. Good win without Power and Holland.

Benalla got over the line in a poor display against a pretty gritty Mansfield team. A scrappy game from the start and was never a great spectacle. Always a good rivalry btw the 2 sides and felt they were a good chance in the last quarter. Got within 6 points at one stage but Saints steadied. Eagles lacked a good marking fwd target as they had probably had more inside 50's, but was rebounded out constantly.
Saints lucky to beat any side on today's performance.

Hey freak,

I noticed only Martyn from Benalla made the Vic Country squad. I think Cole, Marrone and Stroobants also made the squad. You seemed to have the inside knowledge on the GV squad selection process.

Surprised more of the Benalla boys didn't get a gig given how many were auditioning in the league squad. Thoughts?

I think it is high time to give Briggs a spell in relation to his coaching, and wait and see how it pans out. A couple of linking mids would tidy them up nicely. Any chance of a couple of Pioneers being available come finals if required?

If the Bombers make the finals action they would have the Pioneers boys I'd imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back