Shep United
Mooroopna
Cobram/Barooga
Mansfield *
Benalla*
Kyabram
Nathalia
Tatura

Some of it has merit. Not sure of the long term plans of Benalla and Mansfield. Feel if they left then the GV would be in trouble under the above.

An outsider as most know can Shepparton support 3 teams?

An outsider as most know can Shepparton support 3 teams?
It is probably more than three when you consider surrounding District leagues. But as for the question, yes they ought to be able to support three major league clubs. Shepparton won the flag in 2018 and Swans 2014. United have been a powerhouse over several periods since the '80's. Last Flag 2011.

It is probably more than three when you consider surrounding District leagues. But as for the question, yes they ought to be able to support three major league clubs. Shepparton won the flag in 2018 and Swans 2014. United have been a powerhouse over several periods since the '80's. Last Flag 2011.
With Mooroopna , Congupna and Rumba in close proximity Shepp region is trying to sustain 6 premier league teams which IMO is not ideal.

Good point Roar. Shepparton East? Not very familiar with the Murray or Picola Leagues. Where do the top couple of Murray League clubs sit in the context of the GVFL league?
I might leave the MFL comparison to other leagues alone , been there and it don’t end well.
As for Picola v GVL , IMO there is no comparison .
GVL is a very professional competition which is rightfully IMO focused on being the premier comp in the region .

Where is Roota in this conversation about Bendigo/Goulburn Valley Leagu business?t Some strong knowledge about these issues. Get back on here mate.

Last edited:
You don't seem that familar with the Goulburn Valley either but keep trying!

Yep you are correct. No idea. But when you keep on trolling blokes who have an opinion I will challenge you everytime. 'Photo on the wall at the Den'' or not. Pretty sure you are on the wrong thread for that boast.

Who are Kys arch enemies or traditional rivals ringo, would they follow rochy and echuca to Bendigo? Would keep in the pios new zoning as well.

I reckon Kerang, koondrook and cohuna would also be keen on joining a Bendigo league that looked like that. Would Mulwala be a good fit in the gv and rumba?

New Bendigo league

Sandhurst
Eaglehawk
Echuca
Echuca United
Rochester
Moama
Strathfieldsaye
South Bendigo
Golden Square
Kangaroo Flat

New GV
Seymour
Swans
Shep Bears
Shep United
Mooroopna
Cobram/Barooga
Mansfield *
Benalla*
Kyabram
Nathalia
Tatura
Euroa

Some of it has merit. Not sure of the long term plans of Benalla and Mansfield. Feel if they left then the GV would be in trouble under the above.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are Kys arch enemies or traditional rivals ringo, would they follow rochy and echuca to Bendigo? Would keep in the pios new zoning as well.

I reckon Kerang, koondrook and cohuna would also be keen on joining a Bendigo league that looked like that. Would Mulwala be a good fit in the gv and rumba?
What's the issue with the current League's in place Trent?

You claimed to have blocked me days ago. You we're also pulling the pin on bigfooty. Drama queen!

Fly..you were asked to pull up last week mate. why do you have to persist with this rubbish? Disappointing coming from a Sandhurst person. The club is a great one and i was lucky to be involved there for a couple of years. Unfortunately because of your user name its not a good look.

I think the rivalry between Echuca and Kyabram has grown significantly over the past 10 years Trent. I couldn't see them leaving the GV. I am not exactly sure if the Pioneers will be continued. I believe a 'super' combined Ballarat and Bendigo team is under consideration. Mulwala could slip into the GV but face stiff opposition in Yarrawonga being a strong O&M team. I would actually love to see Yarra in the GV.

Fly..you were asked to pull up last week mate. why do you have to persist with this rubbish? Disappointing coming from a Sandhurst person. The club is a great one and i was lucky to be involved there for a couple of years. Unfortunately because of your user name its not a good look.

ha in fairness to him, silver bit back and replied to a post from Thursday.(200 posts ago). Must have been a slow night last night.

The strongest traditional rival of Ky is Tongala. Despite them moving leagues, there is still a strong dislike in terms of footy. But that doesn’t stop players going between the two clubs. Think it was one of those love- hate relationships.
Ringo correct, in Echuca perhaps the team we most love to beat, with Benalla a close 2nd, believe it or not. There are also strong rivalries against Tat and Rochy being local towns, but more like love- hate relationships.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

VFL season to start August 1. Locked in for a 7 round season plus finals. Eght teams with matches broadcast on 7.

Hi Ringo, is it worth the risk? Port Melbourne running a go fund me page to survive. If they are that close to the line then it’s a bigger risk to play than not. I ask ...what’s the point?

Hi Ringo, is it worth the risk? Port Melbourne running a go fund me page to survive. If they are that close to the line then it’s a bigger risk to play than not. I ask ...what’s the point?

Mate it is. I lve with two young players and mentally they need it as do most at the club. Port were in a similar position in 2017 and won the flag. WAFL and SANFL clubs are circling and we cant afford to lose talent over there. Exposure on channel 7 for the comp and for the players is worth its weight in gold. Its a great question but I think, if crowds come back as well its all systems go. I know you have concerns and I totally understand your point of view but this is a win for young talent.

Mate it is. I lve with two young players and mentally they need it as do most at the club. Port were in a similar position in 2017 and won the flag. WAFL and SANFL clubs are circling and we cant afford to lose talent over there. Exposure on channel 7 for the comp and for the players is worth its weight in gold. Its a great question but I think, if crowds come back as well its all systems go. I know you have concerns and I totally understand your point of view but this is a win for young talent.

Ringo not my club and tried be involved in 2 clubs 2016/2017 ,Nunawading Football Club.Helped these guys about 6 games and just to hard a job to keep going from my club to their club.NFC have a huge history and not far off 100 years and still alive and actually won 3 games last year but" play this year is a huge risk as I hear they are still in debt".Of the games I went to I said guys I am here what would you like me to do.Timekeeper a couple of games and the rest scoreboard."Scoreboard" one day I did the 2's,scoreline FG 63.25 approx to Nuna Nil.A couple of other games in the 1's Nuna perhaps scored a goal and their home ground is a postage stamp.Go into their rooms and reminded of a cricket club looking at their notice board,registration fees "to play" all the guys that had not paid.I was lucky enough to be at the ground when their 2's broke a sequence of over 60 plus loosing games for their senior sides and just being there and seeing the emotion by the players with the win,the 1's ran out of the rooms to celebrate with them,perhaps a wrong move as they were 10 goals to nil down at quarter time of their game later.As you guys might know there was a game between Nunawading FC and Ardmona FC to help to battling clubs which Nuna won easily but both clubs got much needed funds out of the exercise.
I see hope in that we now will have a perhaps 8 or 9 games plus finals if our leagues want to play.I really" worry about clubs that are in debt or not much money in the bank" and it would be better off in them taking the season off.

Fully agree with trying to get the juniors on the park and really understand what the senior guys are going through if they do not play but if life turns back to normal which we all hope ASAP and the juniors are out there and seniors are not lets get those senior players down to training and junior matches .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back