Goulburn Valley FL 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a good discussion mate but there is no way Echuca could financially match Port Melbourne, Werribee, and Williamstown due to pokie money. Albury has Joss so it wouldn't be a problem for them. The Murray Kangaroos, North Ballarat, and the Bendigo Gold have all gone. I'm not sure too many Albury or Echuca supporters would be keen to venture to Melb every second week. I believe the stand- alone clubs have been told that they are safe until 2030 but we all know the AFL gets what it wants when it wants it.
Coburgs contract runs out in the next year or 2 , they won't win a game again

There is a bit of a whisper that some O&M teams are over the challenge of beating Albury and Yarrawonga and reached out to Benalla and Euroa about joining a new league. I have no idea how true this is but it came from an ex-GV Coach.
Benalla would be down the bottom end in the O&M. Euroa would find themselves 5-4th I believe. Yarra, Magpies, Albury then Rovers and Euroa.

I think that's what the afl want into the future perhaps the afl, reserves comp and a state wide comp. Almost like basketball setup. 20 metro clubs play in a comp and 20 country comps play in a comp. Maybe top 5 in each qualify for finals

Parkmore was an interesting story. Was bankrolled by a fellow named Richard Houston who has coached many teams in the Southern League and must have an encyclopaedia like phone list of player contacts. Everywhere he has been he has splurged cash to get success which hasn’t often worked out as seen by recent happenings at St. Kilda City where he nearly put them out of business. Another fellow that gets opportunities and leaves a mess. Why do clubs not learn.

I couldn’t remember Casset’s bagman’s name so thanks Wild Thing for that. He was an interesting character and Danny had him on a string doing all his dirty work for him and as he wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, Cassett took advantage of him. Danny also used to turn up in the Nissan 300zx with the windows down and the music blaring, you certainly knew when he arrived on game day.

Footy doesn’t seem to have characters like him anymore and I could write a book about some of them including Danny.
Maybe not a book Guru, but a thread somewhere that we can tell stories of bygone player’s like Casset would be great entertainment and reading

I think that's what the afl want into the future perhaps the afl, reserves comp and a state wide comp. Almost like basketball setup. 20 metro clubs play in a comp and 20 country comps play in a comp. Maybe top 5 in each qualify for finals
Like a Super League across the state?
Not sure players would be up for the travelling involved. Let’s say hypothetically Hampden league team (Koroit) are playing a Gippsland-Latrobe team (Traralgon) in this type of set up. How long would the travel take to get to an away game….cant see it working. Metro League more likely!

Like a Super League across the state?
Not sure players would be up for the travelling involved. Let’s say hypothetically Hampden league team (Koroit) are playing a Gippsland-Latrobe team (Traralgon) in this type of set up. How long would the travel take to get to an away game….cant see it working. Metro League more likely!
But some shite players travel every week as it is

Correct. I remember when he turned up at Griffith completely out of the blue. Played a couple of games then asked for more coin. When refused he disappeared and was never seen again. No words can describe my opinion of him. Lowlife is too good for him.

Pretty sure that was the same trick he pulled at coldstream. Sadly he only did this after kicking 15 against us one day…!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will interesting to see how they go this year. Cucinotta will be a good get on and off the field. Outstanding leader! I believe a few of his mates have also returned but as we know... it is guess work due to PlayHQ.
I really believe the 3 Shepp sides will be improvers this year mate the bears in particular. The swans with the addition of a top class ruckman and a full forward and Bell returning and he’s looking good !!.Tatura will be better also .The team in the greater Shepp area that IMO will slide is mooroopna

It will interesting to see how they go this year. Cucinotta will be a good get on and off the field. Outstanding leader! I believe a few of his mates have also returned but as we know... it is guess work due to PlayHQ.
Wonder how their recruits from the VAFA went

I really believe the 3 Shepp sides will be improvers this year mate the bears in particular. The swans with the addition of a top class ruckman and a full forward and Bell returning and he’s looking good !!.Tatura will be better also .The team in the greater Shepp area that IMO will slide is mooroopna
Agree with you Swoop. Bears have got some good names back. Swans impressed in patches last season and United have added a few good names. If they climb the ladder that's great but worse case they'll put up some fights in 2024. Tatura are naming some solid players as signings and could also climb.

Mooroopna & Seymour seem to slide down. Any word on the eagles?????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back