Portfolio Gradient Guernsey Designs (by NM Design)

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed that some guernsey designs have had gradients used to give that awesome special effect. Design an away or clash or pre-season kit which includes a gradient.

To make a kit with gradients on Paint and MS Word (for people who don't already know):
1. Go into MS Word and create a rectangle which will be large enough to fill the space of the guernsey. Fill the rectangle with a gradient by going into Shape fill and then into gradient and then into more gradients. All of mine were made by using two colours. Copy and paste this rectangle into paint (1ST Paint Window).
2. Open up another paint (2ND Paint Window) and open a guernsey template (I use Jethro's amazing templates). Fill everything in that you do NOT want filled by the gradient (including background) in a different colour (i use fluro colours as they generally stick out more). Copy and paste front part of guernsey into Paint (1ST Paint Window).
3. Position guernsey so that you get even coverage of the gradient. The gradient should have filled all areas that aren't filled in different colours. De-select selected area. Select guernsey and copy and paste into Paint (2ND Paint Window) over the top of the plain guernsey.
4. Copy and paste gradient in MS Word over the top of the guernsey template and gradient in Paint (1ST Paint Window). In Paint (2ND Paint Window) fill in every thing that you do NOT want filled in by the gradient in a different colour again. Open up Paint (3RD Paint Window) and open Number Template (I use Jethro's because they fit his templates). Fill in number in a different colour. Fill in the square white if you want the area around the number filled or just leave it if you want a number square. Repeat above steps.
5. Fill in ALL colars/filled in areas in apropriate colours. Fill in numbers in appropriate colours and fill the shorts white or whatever colour required. Fill in background of template whatever colour you want (I use white). Save as PNG.
6. Post in this thread if they turned out really cool!

Here are a few that I made:
FremantleClahJumper3.png

CarltonClashJumper3.png

TWPJumperCompetition2.png

Re: Gradient Guernsey Designs

Hahaha ^^^ . Just out of couriosity, how do you make a gradient in PS ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i was just doing what was requested, i dont like it either
Thank you for giving it a go. Every post I have done on BF has been criticised rather harshly due to "not sticking to mainstream ideas". If nothing was different, the world would be boring. I joined this forum as I personally believed that designing guernseys was fun, it still is, but, why is everyone taking all of this stuff so seriously? After all we design stuff because we HAD A GO. If it is bad, so what? (not directed at anyone) If you want to criticise the work, go ahead if it is constructive criticism, help the person out, explain how they can make it better. If you are being helpful I thank you very much, but, c'mon people, especially senior members, LIFT YOUR GAME and help people out a bit.

Looking at that make's me feel light headed, almost nauseous.

Haha agreed :thumbsu: Sorry to you younger blokes trying to play with this but gradients simply do not work on footy jumpers. As Mero said, they're used to create 3D effects or shadows, not 2D colours. There's the very odd occasion where they actually work quite well, but these are usually only when they're used very minimally anyway. As we all saw with the ochre (;)) mass usage of gradients ends very badly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back