Mod. Notice Grand final barcode requests (Strictly Swans supporters only, read OP first)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been a great thread seeing the generosity of swans board helping out fellow swans fans and their families, well done all. Would much prefer true swans supporters around me than the "fans" in the area we were in in 2014 who must have got tickets through a sponsor deal, a mates mate etc, no one around us knew the players of either team, the rules, barracked for either team. Besides the result, 'twas a major downer from bounce down compared to 05, 06 and 12. The area was M51 row GG, avoid this area if you can.

Anyone know if that means all priority 2 ticket allocations have secured a seat at the mcg if swans win?
Unfortunately not. Ticketek are not going to throw away the option of collecting $5 off every category 3 member even if there is no chance of them getting a ticket.

Unfortunately not. Ticketek are not going to throw away the option of collecting $5 off every category 3 member even if there is no chance of them getting a ticket.

They're almost as bad as Dr Neo Cortex.

Heh.

I'll see myself out.

Ticketek are bad, but surely not that bad. On second thoughts, they probably are.

I would doubt they would allow it to go to priority 3 unless we didn't utilise all our spots. It would look mighty silly if there were a bunch of priority 2's who missed out even though they registered correctly during the priority 2 period.

The calculation doesn't really work like that though as it would be X + Y as opposed to just Y where X = Cost of Membership and Y = Cost of GF ticket. It's always going to be more for the former.
I agree, i am saying that (as controversial as it might be) a more passionate fan would rather go to 11 home and away games than not go to any and risk that the team would make the granny. Im not casting judgements and i hope you get a ticket.

Ticketek are bad, but surely not that bad. On second thoughts, they probably are.

I would doubt they would allow it to go to priority 3 unless we didn't utilise all our spots. It would look mighty silly if there were a bunch of priority 2's who missed out even though they registered correctly.
Who would know????

Please someone answer.

From the club website:
PRIORITY THREE – BALLOT
Please note: This ballot will only go ahead should tickets remain following the Priority One allocation and the Priority Two ballot.

This has been a great thread seeing the generosity of swans board helping out fellow swans fans and their families, well done all. Would much prefer true swans supporters around me than the "fans" in the area we were in in 2014 who must have got tickets through a sponsor deal, a mates mate etc, no one around us knew the players of either team, the rules, barracked for either team. Besides the result, 'twas a major downer from bounce down compared to 05, 06 and 12. The area was M51 row GG, avoid this area if you can.

Mate I had some middle aged mum casting disapproving looks at me for mildly abusing the players throughout 2014 (no profanity or anything, I know the rules of polite society). As if the day wasn't bad enough.

My mate also got tut-tutted for yelling in 2012 by a distinctly north shore looking couple. Yelling. At a football game. The grand final no less. WTFDWFT???

But some old birds told the complainer/campaigner to shut up. Good on 'em.

Last edited:

$7.50 actually

I just went into the cat 3 ballot with a cat 2 membership.

$7.50 actually

I just went into the cat 3 ballot with a cat 2 membership.

Lol. They charge priority 3 members more because apparently it requires more resources to run that ballot.

Surely running a massive ticket booking service can't be that hard? Someone sling me some startup cash

Last edited:

Even worse, I'm pretty sure it's $7.50 for Cat 3. Have nfi why, but sure I read it.

There's a possibility that the AFL are allowing Cat 3 to register knowing that if GWS are the other team, there will be enough tickets passed across to Sydney that Cat 2 will be sweet and some if not all Cat 3's will also be lucky. This may not be the reality if the Dogs make it through.

Lol. They charge priority 3 members more because apparently it requires more resources to run that ballot.

Surely running a massive ticket booking service can't be that hard? Someone sling me some startup cash

PS: I've still got a priority 3 code if anyone needs it.
Yes please!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I had some middle aged mum casting disapproving looks at me for mildly abusing the players throughout 2014 (no profanity or anything, I know the rules of polite society). As if the day wasn't bad enough.

My mate also got tut-tutted for yelling in 2012 by a distinctly north shore looking couple. Yelling. At a football game. The grand final no less. WTFDWFT???

But some old birds told the complainer/campaigner to shut up. Good on 'em.

I yelled something out about Rohan, can't remember what it was about early in the first. The lady in front of us, mid 50s serious double bay coin turned round and asked, what does he look like and what number is he, my husband and I sponsor him. I s**t you not.

Just question rivals. I highly doubt i will need this but i afl a mates afl member barcode to use on sunday 2pm

Just wanted to know if i can use my ticketek account. My bank account. But his barcode?

Cheers

Just question rivals. I highly doubt i will need this but i afl a mates afl member barcode to use on sunday 2pm

Just wanted to know if i can use my ticketek account. My bank account. But his barcode?

Cheers

Yes

Yep. Just like it costs them $6.95 for someone to print their tickets at home. Emails are expensive.

Is this still available?

I agree, i am saying that (as controversial as it might be) a more passionate fan would rather go to 11 home and away games than not go to any and risk that the team would make the granny. Im not casting judgements and i hope you get a ticket.

I have 2 memberships - I'm okay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back