Greatest Premier League team

Which is the best team to grace the Premier League?

• Total voters

Bojan KantKick

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Eras work when talking about a club in isolation but you can't compare them from club to club. because the general mandates (same manager, core team, similar style, a certain trajectory) can last two seasons for one club or eight for another. and that becomes a bit unfair.
A team that dominates for 5 years is better than a team that does so for 3.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
A team that dominates for 5 years is better than a team that does so for 3.
Not all title wins are equal though.

Take City in 2017-19 for example. 100 and 98 points in consecutive seasons. For me that’s the most impressive, dominant side I’ve seen in English football. The professionalism to drop so few points in an era where you have 6-7 very good sides, and vastly more quality in the lower half than there was 10 years ago, is incredible.

I’d rate what they did in those 2 seasons above a team winning 3 in a row getting 80-odd points a season.

Bojan KantKick

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 5, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Not all title wins are equal though.

Take City in 2017-19 for example. 100 and 98 points in consecutive seasons. For me that’s the most impressive, dominant side I’ve seen in English football. The professionalism to drop so few points in an era where you have 6-7 very good sides, and vastly more quality in the lower half than there was 10 years ago, is incredible.

I’d rate what they did in those 2 seasons above a team winning 3 in a row getting 80-odd points a season.
Agree to disagree on that. I think it is harder to keep a group of players motivated to win for 3+ seasons. Lots of players and managers burn out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Comparison of Premier League sides to go 38 games unbeaten. That Chelsea side had an unbelievable defensive record.

00B2984F-638D-4AEF-892E-D5CBB17C2F96.jpeg

typeclub

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Western United Football Club
My reasons for putting Liverpool top is obviously tongue slightly in cheek, but I actually do expect them to go on and be regarded as the best ever PL side. I can’t see anyone stopping them in the next couple of seasons at least. It’s up to them to fulfill on that promise
Why are you trolling?

Top Bottom