Toast Gresham AND Carlisle for pick #6 and #29 (after Academy & F/S)

Remove this Banner Ad

No one on this board cares about Francis he's a putrid campaigner! It's all about Gresh who's a star!
He may be a good footballer in years to come but Gres IS a good footballer NOW.

That is the big difference and what seems to be concerning Essendon supporters who are worried enough to try and talk up their choice whom defacto seems to believe has glaring weaknesses.
Good luck to Francis but was reported last night that he was injury prone.

I see both Gresham and Carlisle being top 6 players for our club.

The obsession that recruiters have with height is ridiculous if you ask me and it's the only reason Gresham fell so far, Essendon were silly not to take him with pick 6.

Evidence and the obvious concern shown to us would suggest you are correct

Given Francis has spent the majority of his year on half back, comparing the South Australian with fellow highly rated defender Weitering makes for interesting reading.
Francis took 14 contested marks across the championships, 27 intercept marks and recorded a tally of eight spoils. Weitering had 16 contested marks, 19 intercepts and 12 spoils.
While the numbers are relatively even, that’s without factoring in the time Francis spent forward.
Remarkably, he also recorded 13 shots on goal in addition to his superb defensive numbers. Only Schache and Ben Ainsworth had more shots in division one.

didnt i say he was a very good intercept mark and playing as a loose tall. diff is weitering actually played some games as a lock down tall

Funny, thought this was the St. Kilda forum. But hey you defend Essendon trolls invading our forum and then critisise Saints fans.
All because you are ignorant.
Pull your head in, you are not the moral overseer on this forum.
Dont like it log off:rolleyes:
Uhhhh, I didn't defend anyone. Just reckon it's poor us sticking it to an 18yo kid (just as it was poor from them doing it to Gresh/Billings/Freezer). If you don't like that well "Pull your head in, you are not the moral overseer on this forum."

Saints have a lot of medium talls in defence and forward Roberton, Webster, Membrey, Murdoch, Lee, even Dempster and Gilbert could go on for a few more years. Unless we were confident Francis would become a mid he wasn't right for us and he may have ended up like Lynch.
Essendon has space for Francis in the forwardline or in defence don't know Morgan but Dodoro has a good eye so should be a win/win deal in the long term. 3rd tall/maybe mid and running defender for Key defender and forward/mid

Saints have a lot of medium talls in defence and forward Roberton, Webster, Membrey, Murdoch, Lee, even Dempster and Gilbert could go on for a few more years. Unless we were confident Francis would become a mid he wasn't right for us and he may have ended up like Lynch.
Essendon has space for Francis in the forwardline or in defence don't know Morgan but Dodoro has a good eye so should be a win/win deal in the long term. 3rd tall/maybe mid and running defender for Key defender and forward/mid
Gresh will play in the guts
Don't think Francis will

Sorry for intruding but don't you guys think it's a bit early to celebrate you 'victory'? Carlisle could turn out to be a spud, Francis and Morgan are yet to debut and along with Gresham are still in their first year. Things can go wrong (Scott Gumbleton) and I think you should start parading in a couple of years if you do indeed win the trade. Anyway just for shits and giggles I'm posting this.

I think us Sainters are just getting excited about a player that we all love and a player that we really need. Its a Win for us at this early stage, it could become a Win/Win if Francis and Morgan get up and play well (Carlisle is a known quantity and therefore was always more likely to succeed... we will see). But in the end, considering how much flack we have coped from Essendon supporters and the Media over that trade, Saint supporters are just having a bit of a bask in the afterglow of a great performance.

Can you blame us...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to be fair hes being held out by courtney dempsey and martin gleeson so you can cut him some slack
Ha ha...just snorted beer thru my nose for the 2nd time (1st was Joffa calling u a spud obviously)!!

Gresham and Carlisle for Francis and the now-delisted Alex Morgan... I'm okay with this deal
Don't forget the salary dump and wasted list spot the Swans put on the Bummers to offload Bird, that's why Gresh was gained (Swans pick).

Doro's blind desperation to appease fans and get pick 4, will never be appreciated outside our club.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back