Griffin Logue 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty much every fit top 20 pick has played. All the other teams are definitely wrong on how they introduce kids.

It's hard not to have some slight doubts on Logue atm.
He's been a professional footballer for all of 4 months, I think you need to try harder, as I'm finding it easy not to have slight doubts.

It's pretty easy really, we are trying a defensive method like the Bulldogs where the defenders stand in front of their forwards, so we entice the opposing midfield to try and kick over the top. Once your pressure is up, the midfield will often under kick directly to the opposition.

We were trying it last year, Collins showed no ability to take front spot. I remember Jack Watts carving him up in a quarter, from that point forth he went back to defending from behind. Now I'm not saying Dawson is much better, he's a very limited defender. But if eneryone is defending from in front, taking away space, you can't have 1 guy in the team incapable of doing it. If Collins shows form at Peel taking the front spot, he'll quickly replace Dawson.
Dawson is a very good pure defender/negator, he just can't kick or rebound.

Someone hack your account? I thought you were meant to be the Logue super buddy

haha based on a few minutes of footage :$

I still have very high hopes for him but I'd prefer to hearing that he's ticking all the boxes and we're excited to get him in the team asap. So much of success depends on us nailing these top picks so I'm just melting a tad. I do understand that 90% of young players need time to develop but from and outside pov Logue seems more ready than most.

haha based on a few minutes of footage :$

I still have very high hopes for him but I'd prefer to hearing that he's ticking all the boxes and we're excited to get him in the team asap. So much of success depends on us nailing these top picks so I'm just melting a tad. I do understand that 90% of young players need time to develop but from and outside pov Logue seems more ready than most.

Well he's playing tomorrow so that's a start. Must've ticked at least one box :cool:

You make it sound like our football department may have a plan for how to develop players. Perhaps they even developed that plan based on their training and years of experience. You even seem to be suggesting that the young players may be aware of how the plan works and actually get feedback about how they are progressing in line with that plan. Radical.
Well he's playing tomorrow so that's a start. Must've ticked at least one box :cool:

It's a bloody ticking Tsunami.Every session is monitored,including the ones in the lecture theatre.
Griffin's individual apprenticeship programme began when we called his name out.
The long term aim will be 300 games, or something like that I'm guessing.

Blakely,Weller,Langdon,Tucker's development provide evidence that they are getting it right.Not only do all the players receive clear feedback from coaching staff and their peers on a range of indicators; the coaching and management staff receive feedback regarding their performance on a similarly exacting range of criteria.
I don't know what form of organisational cybernetics or whatever that FFC has embraced but guaranteed it is a highly reflexive and sophisticated management system.Designed to continuously assess, evolve, reassess......a system high on pro active goal setting and intense accountability from top to bottom.
In this context RTB would be unable to maintain such infantile fictions as 'I don't play yoof'...'He's my favourite and that's his position'....'The Fist is my love child and plays every game' etc etc.

I think our record of developing youngsters judiciously and effectively stacks up very well.
If you listen to what the likes of Connor Blakely has said about how he was handled and the feedback he was given to help him round out his game he is appreciative and reckons it was spot on.Brett Kirk's departure was a loss.

Suban's continued selection reminds me of a car journey I took in Cuba.The driver stopped the car and appeared to plug an engine leak with a hammer and a bit of wood.
The trade embargo meant no new parts could be had,so necessity dictated....;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where on the field do you think Griffin will play tomorrow?

Is it more exciting if he lines up in the middle and gets 20 touches, a forward and marks strongly for a couple of goals or defends well?
Don't expect much if only for few minutes cameo, but if got more game time another HF for me . Barlow fail , blakely doing so so .

Last edited:

Is it more exciting if he lines up in the middle and gets 20 touches, a forward and marks strongly for a couple of goals or defends well?
Third tall/Ibbo role, intercept marks everything, reads the play well and delivers pin point 40m kicks up the middle to a leading Cam... my pants get a bit tighter just typing it :oops:

All of those scenarios are equally exciting to me. Sorry for such a boring answer :$

FWIW I think he'll come on at some stage in the second half and play as a loose defender.

Really hope we don't see any of this Logue guy. Want to see much more of the excitement machines Dawson, Ibbo and Sutty.

#doineedasarcasmemoji

Ross said this morning that Logue and Darcy will get a run in the second half, so if he racks up 20 I'll be more than a little impressed :)

Really hope we don't see any of this Logue guy. Want to see much more of the excitement machines Dawson, Ibbo and Sutty.

#doineedasarcasmemoji
Very disappointed sherriden is missing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back