Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Link the original thread in the OP CLINT
Many years back, in Wendouree Village (Ballarat) there was a shop called "Clints". I'm wondering if you ever worked as a signwriter Nate7 as the choice of upper case and the close proximity of the "L" and the "I" resulted in the sign appearing a little risque. Soon after they added a bit of paint onto the "L" to increase the gap but this actually accentuated the faux par.

============

Thread continues on from...

2 WEEKS AGO

"Aren't they pretty & colourful?" asks the child. "I can't believe they're in our backyard".

"Yes, they're very peaceful & nice to look at" replies the mother.

1646174340491.jpeg

"What do you think dad?"

"I WISH THEY'D LEAVE MY FLOCKING APPLES ALONE" says dad, as he flings another apple core at the shrieking Ken Done painted villains.

2-rainbow-lorikeet-fighting-over-260nw-2619135.jpg

IN 2 WEEKS TIME

"LEAVE MY PEACHES ALONE FFS"

1646174916603.jpeg

Last edited:

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2 WEEKS AGO

"Aren't they nice & colourful?" asks the child. "I can't believe they're in our backyard".

"Yes, they're very peaceful & nice to look at" replies the mother.

View attachment 1336613

"What do you think dad?"

"I WISH THEY"D LEAVE MY FLOCKING APPLES ALONE" says dad, as he flings another apple core at the shrieking Ken Done painted villains.

2-rainbow-lorikeet-fighting-over-260nw-2619135.jpg

IN 2 WEEKS TIME

"LEAVE MY PEACHES ALONE FFS"

View attachment 1336618

lorikeets and peacefull...... 🤔 prolly the second most aggressive birds round here after noisey miners.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Many years back, in Wendouree Village (Ballarat) there was a shop called "Clints". I'm wondering if you ever worked as a signwriter Nate7 as the choice of upper case and the close proximity of the "L" and the "I" resulted in the sign appearing a little risque. Soon after they added a bit of paint onto the "L" to increase the gap but this actually accentuated the faux par.

============

Thread continues on from...

think it was a chain, there was one in warragul as well, was like i glorified 2 dollar shop.

It would appear that COVID is no longer the greatest danger to those of us venturing back into Melbourne's CBD. It's campaigners riding electric scooters on the footpath. I've had three near misses in the past couple of days.

It would appear that COVID is no longer the greatest danger to those of us venturing back into Melbourne's CBD. It's campaigners riding electric scooters on the footpath. I've had three near misses in the past couple of days.
They have quickly overtaken cyclists on the merri creek trail as the most likely cause of my next broken arm whilst pedestrianing.

About 20 minutes ago I heard a sliding sound on the roof. Then the lights went out.

They're back on and the solar array is now isolated, at the power box and at the panels (Make sure you do this if you have panels and feel comfy with it cos the line from the panels to the power box/isolators will be live. Don't do it if you don't know how to walk on live ground. (If you don't know the answer to how to do this is "don't" btw. Its also the answer oif you do except in emergencies.)

I suspect there is a loose wire on the roof.

I'm better off doing what i can to secure the panels tonight yeah? While they aren't pumping out power from the sun?

So they don't slide off the roof!!!

Also do I need to turn off the inverter switch in the power box?

I have no phone so I can't ring the electric co. (And for those of you that don't believe there are any good U2 songs, that's one.)

Anyone know?

SonofSamsquanch

Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
About 20 minutes ago I heard a sliding sound on the roof. Then the lights went out.

They're back on and the solar array is now isolated, at the power box and at the panels (Make sure you do this if you have panels and feel comfy with it cos the line from the panels to the power box/isolators will be live. Don't do it if you don't know how to walk on live ground. (If you don't know the answer to how to do this is "don't" btw. Its also the answer oif you do except in emergencies.)

I suspect there is a loose wire on the roof.

I'm better off doing what i can to secure the panels tonight yeah? While they aren't pumping out power from the sun?

So they don't slide off the roof!!!

Also do I need to turn off the inverter switch in the power box?

I have no phone so I can't ring the electric co. (And for those of you that don't believe there are any good U2 songs, that's one.)

Anyone know?
I believe that you should turn off the mains power before you turn off the inverter or isolate the inverter. The panels won't be pumping out any power at night but you shouldn't be taking any chances.

There's also an isolation switch on the roof for each array you have installed.

Stay safe Ferb's.

SonofSamsquanch

Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Been doing a bit of DIY. I have a cheap ozito drill and driver which I was using plus a 20V ALDI drill which is way better than the ozito. But I needed to drill some holes with a small and with a medium bit, countersink and screw in some screws. Time to grab out the markita.

But damn! Dead. Swap the battery. Still dead. Place each battery on the charger... Red flashing light for both. Neither will charge.

Dear markita. GAGF.

I
I believe that you should turn off the mains power before you turn off the inverter or isolate the inverter. The panels won't be pumping out any power at night but you shouldn't be taking any chances.

There's also an isolation switch on the roof for each array you have installed.

Stay safe Ferb's.
Cheers.

I've already done that but I missed one array. Couldn't see the switch. I might leave it and see what tomorrow night brings..

So should I turn the mains off and the turn the inverter off then turn the mains back on?

I'm also getting full body spasms so I dunno if I want to go back up there.

Hope that's not a serious symptom. I don't like the looks of it online.

I

Cheers.

I've already done that but I missed one array. Couldn't see the switch. I might leave it and see what tomorrow night brings..

So should I turn the mains off and the turn the inverter off then turn the mains back on?

Can you hook your computer or tablet up through the internet to call healthdirect number? Full body spasms doesn't sound good.

Can you hook your computer or tablet up through the internet to call healthdirect number? Full body spasms doesn't sound good.
Everyone has had them here. They've stopped now. *en scary tho the first time it happened.

I hope its a temporary thing and is not coming back. I just checked my heart rate and its around 75, so a bit high but I've got a fever now and it didn't feel sus. My muscles have been aching all day tho. It feels like a result of that.

What idiot said they wanted to get this bastard virus and get it out of the way. :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

SonofSamsquanch

Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I

Cheers.

Check these...

It may differ depending on the type of inverter or if you have micro inverters etc.

Best to search the brand of inverter you have installed.

Do you need any help with reading out for medical assistance?

Back