Multiplat GTA Trilogy remaster

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you played it.
I've played VC and SA for a few hours each and I don't think it's worth anywhere near the price. The upgraded graphics and gameplay are so poor that I would have been disappointed with it even if it was free

Out of curiosity, what were you expecting? Obviously I know you weren't expecting janky character models and the like...but what would have made you happy?
Basically I was expecting a modernised version, I mean they added the weapon wheel in but that was pretty much it. I didn't expect it to look like a game made in 2021 but I was expecting it to feel more like one, if you know what I mean.

Basically I was expecting a modernised version, I mean they added the weapon wheel in but that was pretty much it. I didn't expect it to look like a game made in 2021 but I was expecting it to feel more like one, if you know what I mean.

Better game play.
More user friendly?

Yeah I get exactly what you mean. The gun play in particular really needed an overhaul.

Sounds like this remaster was never for you then
Kotaku has reached out to Rockstar about these remastered games and future GTA re-releases. But our sources have, so far, had reliable track records that have alerted us to updates in GTA Online and Red Dead Online weeks if not months in advance.

According to these sources, Rockstar is actively developing remastered versions of Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. All three of these games are being remastered using Unreal Engine and will be a mix of “new and old graphics.” One source who claims to have seen a snippet of the games in action said that the visuals reminded them of a heavily-modded version of a classic GTA title. The UI for the games are being updated too, but will retain the same classic style. No details were shared about gameplay, but Kotaku has been told these remastered titles are trying to stay true to the PS2-era GTA games as much as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like this remaster was never for you then

That kind of description combined with the price is exactly what had me expecting something more than what they delivered. The UI is barely any different, and that being upgraded is what I was looking forward to more than the graphics.

Thank * that to advance the VC story, you only need to purchase/complete 7 of the 9 assets. I purchased the boatyard but the accompanying asset mission of that (Checkpoint Charlie) keeps booting me from the game as soon as I finish it. Shame as it’s one asset mission and it can be completed within 2 minutes.

I have been booted from that mission right as I finish the mission about 5 times and I have finished the mission with both boats that are on the docks. So I know it’s totally bugged on my game.

Thank fu** that to advance the VC story, you only need to purchase/complete 7 of the 9 assets. I purchased the boatyard but the accompanying asset mission of that (Checkpoint Charlie) keeps booting me from the game as soon as I finish it. Shame as it’s one asset mission and it can be completed within 2 minutes.

I have been booted from that mission right as I finish the mission about 5 times and I have finished the mission with both boats that are on the docks. So I know it’s totally bugged on my game.
Same issue here. Can finish the others fine.

Same issue here. Can finish the others fine.

I just read a Reddit page with this issue and one of the posts said what fixed it for them (and others reported the same) was to go into the games settings and change the graphics to performance instead of fidelity.

I can’t hop on the game yet to test it out but I will later.

Edit; Can confirm that works. Hopefully it does for you, too.

Last edited:
High expectations? Never :drunk:
View attachment 1280329

My favorite would have to be this

Rockstar’s RDR remaster

z2izf5c9blz71.jpg

Now onto SA and s**t. Graphically wise the character models in III and VC look fine imo. SA leaves a lot to be desired. If I didn’t know any better I would say nothing has been done to the original SA (the world has been spruced up but the characters not so much).

I won't be buying it for a while but happy to toil away in San Andreas. While it's disgusting what they have done to the character models (as well as the stripping of songs - even if done for expensive licensing reasons), the game play still holds up and it's as fun as I remember it being during the ps2 era. There are a few quirks which I can't remember from playing wayyy back then (traffic having a mind of its own and literally driving into the back of me AND not swerving to move out of the way so they'll keep driving until they've rammed me into a pole).

Wouldn't pay $90 for it, it's like a $40 at best game (dropped to under $20 after a few months lol).

I won't be buying it for a while but happy to toil away in San Andreas. While it's disgusting what they have done to the character models (as well as the stripping of songs - even if done for expensive licensing reasons), the game play still holds up and it's as fun as I remember it being during the ps2 era. There are a few quirks which I can't remember from playing wayyy back then (traffic having a mind of its own and literally driving into the back of me AND not swerving to move out of the way so they'll keep driving until they've rammed me into a pole).

Wouldn't pay $90 for it, it's like a $40 at best game (dropped to under $20 after a few months lol).

Ok tight arse Terry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back