Multiplat GTA Trilogy remaster

Remove this Banner Ad

Brutal. Anyone's expections that this was more than a HD remaster were unrealistic, though the moment that instead of just importing higher resolution textures and assets they decided to port it to UE4 and actually work on trying to upgrade things is the moment criticism is fair game IMO.

That is a pretty fair review. It's an enjoyable playthrough you just wish some of the character models were better.
It kinda feels like a bit like mass effect andromeda. Hopefully they can clean that up and people can get back to enjoying the games.

Im enjoying SA, it plays and looks how I remember it when I would play it every day after school 15 or so years ago.

The only thing I do wish they tidied up is the gun play, it’s just so bad and stuck in its time.

The game play is whats needs to be shaped up on these remastered games.
Imo.

I just read a Reddit page with this issue and one of the posts said what fixed it for them (and others reported the same) was to go into the games settings and change the graphics to performance instead of fidelity.

I can’t hop on the game yet to test it out but I will later.

Edit; Can confirm that works. Hopefully it does for you, too.
Yep, that worked. Cheers!

for what is essentially a new coat of paint, the ability to bring in new bugs that werent in the original is quite impressive. having only players san andreas (and not exactly convincing me to pay full price for the other two) it feels rushed and like they were up against it to get the 3 games out. the complete lack of information and reviews until launch was always a concern, and let people to believe that it was more than they offered up.

Well, I'm enjoying it.

Playing GTA 3, there has been one bug where the construction boards on the closed bridge entrance didn't show in the rain.

AI driving seems a bit more hectic than what I remembered.

Overall, it's kind of what I expected. The same feel/vibe with updated graphics.

I feel wholesome and content :)

Last edited:
Well, I'm enjoying it.

Playing GTA 3, there has been one bug where the construction boards on the closed bridge entrance didn't show in the rain.

AI driving seems a bit more hectic than what I remembered.

Overall, it's kind of what I expected. The same feel/vibe with updated graphics.

I feel wholesome and content :)

Same here. III and VC look really nice game world and character model wise, IMO. The SA game world is updated graphically but looks the oldest character model wise. Maybe it was harder to improve than III and VC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brutal. Anyone's expections that this was more than a HD remaster were unrealistic, though the moment that instead of just importing higher resolution textures and assets they decided to port it to UE4 and actually work on trying to upgrade things is the moment criticism is fair game IMO.
I think it's a bit of a two way street.

The first thing is that it was called a "definitive edition" not just a HD remaster. When you say definitive, you're meaning that this is 100% the best way to play these games. That does, at the moment, seem false.

I simply can't buy any of the excuses for not having every single song from the originals, Take-Two literally make billions off GTA and they couldn't pay to get the licenses? Come on...

3 titles with as much reverence, love and nostalgia feels as these GTA games really needed a hell of a lot more love. There was no need to rush these products to market and no need to cheat any portions. I get running AI over textures, models and whatnot just to get some of the work done, but then polish the hell out of that to make sure it not only still holds onto the same look and feel but it doesn't have any embarrassing mis-fires.

One comment I saw on a review that really hit was that this feels like one of those quick "GTA mods" that tries to make everything look new and shiny but loses the actual feel of what the other games had and makes them super sterile in doing so.

This almost feels like a cheap kickstarter/community type project, in the vein of a "source mod" type remaster, rather than something official and actually done by Take-Two. The fact that the game can't even hit a steady framerate is absolutely baffling.

I understand people want to defend it and say "it's still ok" but really, when you look at what this could've and absolutely should've been. This isn't an acceptable product for 3 of the most significant titles to ever hit gaming.

“Music rights will be an interesting one, I remember from a source that no matter how much Rockstar offered, the James Brown estate REFUSED to re-license the songs for San Andreas, which wiped out like half of Master Sounds 98.3. The Michael Jackson estate is another. Ugh, soo many estates when an artist passes away.”

Why are people refusing to acknowledge this?

Mafia I thought were pretty decent remakes. Great games. Played all 3 and loved it.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk
I couldn't finish the original Mafia 3

Storyline was great but gameplay was ******* poo

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Let's be honest the remaster of SA is s**t

Gameplay is crap and the cut scene graphics are horrible

But for free on gamepass I'll play it a bit

CD Projekt would be stoked that Rockstar have managed to botch something as bad if not worse than Cyberpunk

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Went to drive across a bridge in Red County last night. As I approach the bridge it disappears, now I am either flying across the river or driving on an invisible bridge

Also in Uniting the families mission, about 4 or 5 cops literally appear out of thin air. Awesome

Went to drive across a bridge in Red County last night. As I approach the bridge it disappears, now I am either flying across the river or driving on an invisible bridge

Also in Uniting the families mission, about 4 or 5 cops literally appear out of thin air. Awesome

Haha, same thing happen to me a couple of hours ago, over that exact same bridge. I was actually going to go back and try to take a video but just kept driving. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back