News GWS -Chasing Deledio Confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really, he isn't the sort of Ablett type player GWS need to be the face of the club and to draw crowds.

Not really, he isn't the sort of Ablett type player GWS need to be the face of the club and to draw crowds.

I think you need to keep in mind he is only 23 and his best footy is ahead of him and that being at the tigers he is use to playing a leading role with young players around him. But realistically I see Deledio as more of a good solid vc. But that said I dont think the captain has to necessary be the face of the club or player who draws the crowds. As idealy a recruit like Buddy Franklin would be perfect as someone to be the face of the club and as a player to draw the crowds. That said I dont see buddy coming to gws but really he would be ideal for that role even thru I would not see him as being captain.

Deledio won't be going anywhere. He's happy at the Club and
wants to taste success now that we're on the verge of it.

We'd never trade him and if he was looking at joining a startup Club do you think he would have signed a contract that went beyong both new clubs 1st year.

Your targets should come from clubs that have recently won a flag.

Collingwood, Geelong and Hawthorn.
There could also be players from Port and Adelaide that may want out.

Not at all. If he is our big signing we would be a laughing stock....there are much much better players around. I would be stocked if we got him....but he just isn't in the same class as Murphy, Bartel, JSelwood, etc.

You're going to be a laughing stock no matter who you get for a year or two. Your market will be a hell of a lot tought than the GC.

Sheedy is smarter than this.

Deledio is a complimentary player. He's not as interested in getting hands dirty and doing the inside work as he is receiving cheap ball and delivering in space.

Not going to have that sort of room or quality on the inside to compliment his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you need to keep in mind he is only 23 and his best footy is ahead of him and that being at the tigers he is use to playing a leading role with young players around him. But realistically I see Deledio as more of a good solid vc. But that said I dont think the captain has to necessary be the face of the club or player who draws the crowds. As idealy a recruit like Buddy Franklin would be perfect as someone to be the face of the club and as a player to draw the crowds. That said I dont see buddy coming to gws but really he would be ideal for that role even thru I would not see him as being captain.
Yeah, I doubt Buddy would leave the Hawks though.

GWS should really be targeting Shane Savage from Hawthorn, kicked 2 goals in the 10 or so minutes he was on after being subbed on Friday night and is going to be a freak.

Yeah, I doubt Buddy would leave the Hawks though.

GWS should really be targeting Shane Savage from Hawthorn, kicked 2 goals in the 10 or so minutes he was on after being subbed on Friday night and is going to be a freak.
Dude, this guy has the coolest name, let's get him:thumbsu:. Can you Imagine the back page head lines in the Daily T, got to happen

Sheedy is smarter than this.

Deledio is a complimentary player. He's not as interested in getting hands dirty and doing the inside work as he is receiving cheap ball and delivering in space.

Not going to have that sort of room or quality on the inside to compliment his game.

Sheedy is smarter than you.
Deledio can play inside and dominate if required. One of the many strings to his bow. Has a very complete skill set.
There will be no prizing him away from RFC now though.

Deledio won't be going anywhere. He's happy at the Club and
wants to taste success now that we're on the verge of it.

We'd never trade him and if he was looking at joining a startup Club do you think he would have signed a contract that went beyong both new clubs 1st year.

Your targets should come from clubs that have recently won a flag.

Collingwood, Geelong and Hawthorn.
There could also be players from Port and Adelaide that may want out.

This post falls down on so many levels.

Richmond is on the verge of success? They are not on the verge of anything yet. A couple of wins does not mean s**t, irrespective of how impressive they have been. Using your theory, 13-14 other clubs think they are on the "verge of success" based on some "good signs". Lets wait until Richmond make a finals series and earn some credibility and respect before we start claiming dibs on success.

Secondly, why would GWS target players that have recently won a flag? These are the players that are HARDER to move because they are already at the beginning or in the middle of successful periods. Not "on the verge" lol. It would be like suggesting Scott Pendlebury or Dale Thomas who are younger than Brett Deledio and have tasted the ultimate success will want to leave something as rare as that all behind to start from scratch yet for someone like Deledio who doesn't know what a finals series looks like will want to stay and try to be a part of one when there is no guarantee Richmond is on the verge of anything. 2 finals series' in 30yrs highlights that there is no guarantee or "verge of" anything.

If GWS were smart, they'd target the clubs that have shortcomings at the moment i.e. Port, Brisbane, perhaps the WB, StK etc because by the time they are ready to launch a challenge teams such as Collingwood, Geelong etc will be dropping off under the AFL's cyclical system.

Brett will have his contract extended beyond GWS's two years of poaching before the half way mark of the season. I reckon you guys should go after Troy Taylor a mid first round pick should get it done :D:thumbsu:

We need to recruit an expirenced ruckman. I feel Minson would be a good pickup...while not a fantastic ruckWhile not great players we need some expirence in the ruck and he has 100+ games. GC have some very good rucks in Fraser/Smith/Gorringe. I feel we should take the same setup Expirenced Ruck/Ruck in Early 20s (eg Gilles)/Talented Youth.

Plus I think we can easily lure any ruckman sturggling to get games at other clubs to the Giants

Is Dale Thomas still out of contract? he is the kind of player who could go to the next level with GWS, I would love to see him here. or perhaps Daniel Rich.

Saints have taken a massive beating, wont be surprised if gilbert/goddard/dal santo left the sinking ship.

i say go for goddard, looked totally indifferent and disheartened :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back