Club Focus GWS Giants 2021 - Brander, Callaghan, Aleer, Fahey

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

I would say 2,2022r4 for 5,24,hawks2022r3 is a pretty fair deal.
you think that GWS would really do that? dropping to 5 for essentially a 2nd rounder and an upgrade of a 4th rounder....if they were open to trading, they would be better off looking at swapping 2022 1sts as surely your side is finals bound - a very solid unit next year and the hawks are rebuilding so likely bottom 6 - much more bang for the buck you would think?

you think that GWS would really do that? dropping to 5 for essentially a 2nd rounder and an upgrade of a 4th rounder....if they were open to trading, they would be better off looking at swapping 2022 1sts as surely your side is finals bound - a very solid unit next year and the hawks are rebuilding so likely bottom 6 - much more bang for the buck you would think?
He’s been bandying a few suggestions of trading down that are quite horrendous.
No way we do that.

I agree, no chance we'd do that.

imo - no chance GWS are trading the pick at all. all speculation has them taking Callaghan and why not, you guys have pick 13 to get one of the possible top 10 sliders too - a great position to be in
I certainly hope we do exactly that.

I am saying what is fair in my opinion, but life isn't fair and of course GWS aim to do better or not accept any swap other than involving a future first

I am saying what is fair in my opinion, but life isn't fair and of course GWS aim to do better or not accept any swap other than involving a future first
As I’ve said in the past, you don’t look for “fair” trades in this scenario.
This is the time when you extract maximum value.

He’s been bandying a few suggestions of trading down that are quite horrendous.
No way we do that.
I don't suggest trading down at all.
I originally suggested if we were to trade down
2,2022r2 for 5,hawks2022r1 is what I would suggest,
Otherwise a trade where we get Rachelle and Andrew for picks 2,13 How do we do that?

I don't suggest trading down at all.
I originally suggested if we were to trade down
2,2022r2,r3 for 5,hawks2022r1 is what I would suggest,
Otherwise a trade where we get Rachelle and Andrew for picks 2,13 How do we do that?

Is that not your suggestion to trade down?

The only way we get Andrew & Rachelle is if we split 2 in to 4&6. That’s it.

None of your “fair” scenarios are going to net us both those players

GWS doesn't need pick 24. They barely wanted pick 13 lol. For them quality is everything, and while a pick like 24 may be appealing to some, it doesn't to GWS. The later pick swaps won't make GWS blink an eye.

It would have to be Pick 2 + 2022 2nd for Pick 5 + 2022 1st or something along those lines.

Fahey might get bid before 24 in case 24 is a waste to acquire. Thats a bad deal for gws.

We don't get Andrew and rachelle that way.
We bid on Darcy,daicos then trade 4 for 5, 2 2022r2s from Gold Coast.
Then take Rachelle at 5 to get ahead of the crows. Then crows don't take Andrew, Hawthorn might.
So we trade 15, 2 2022r2's for 7 from Hawthorn.
Probably 15,24,25 for 7, so would Hawthorn accept that ? Maybe not in big footy world,maybe not in the real world either.

So overall we have traded 4,15 for 5,7.
Pretty good work I would say.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS doesn't need pick 24. They barely wanted pick 13 lol. For them quality is everything, and while a pick like 24 may be appealing to some, it doesn't to GWS. The later pick swaps won't make GWS blink an eye.

It would have to be Pick 2 + 2022 2nd for Pick 5 + 2022 1st or something along those lines.
No. Not good enough. You (teams, not you personally) want Callaghan - you pay overs.

So if Hawthorn really want him (for example); First round pick swap this year & their first next year.

We get 5 & 13 in ‘21 & Hawks first in ‘22.

May seem skewed in our favour, but that’s how it should be.

No. Not good enough. You (teams, not you personally) want Callaghan - you pay overs.

So if Hawthorn really want him (for example); First round pick swap this year & their first next year.

We get 5 & 13 in ‘21 & Hawks first in ‘22.

May seem skewed in our favour, but that’s how it should be.
wtf???

But my proposal is a better deal for GWS than this. Instead of pick 13 as the 2nd part of the deal I'm saying you use 2022 2nd instead?

Imagine working at Olympic Park first time GWS made finals and the song was getting blasted all over the precinct every 30mins for an entire week or more....it was pure hell!
I’m sure it was worse as a Swan’s fan since the Giants won that 1st game.

edit- Personally sounds like heaven to me. Just saying. 🧡🖤

Last edited:
No it isn’t. And no you aren’t.
We have the pick and if someone wants it they have to pay overs.
Fair isn’t in the equation. Nor should it be.
I mean you're already doing my work for me.

If you think the above offer is what's required and qualifies as "paying overs", then you're indirectly agreeing that it's an unfair offer lol.

I mean ultimately it's whatever, you've burnt through dozens of 1st rounders without being able to develop them, and even the good ones you do create you can't keep them due to Mr Conigilio's contract.

Someone should do an analysis of the success rate of GWS' 1st rounders result will be funny

Or you could have read the reason's why and not made a stupid remark.
Purely nominating to adhere to mid-season rules... and just in case GWS get a spate of ruck injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back