Remove this Banner Ad

James88

Debutant
Jul 27, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi everyone

I'm trying to work out the name and artist of a song that was played a minute or two before the opening bounce of the finals matches last year. It's a hard rock, possibly heavy metal piece. The clip played was the first 30 second or so of the song and it was instrumental only.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts.

Cheers - James

I'm rolling thunder, pouring rain
I'm coming on like a hurricane
My lightning's flashing across the sky
You're only young but you're gonna die
I won't take no prisoners won't spare no lives
Nobody's putting up a fight
I got my bell I'm gonna take you to hell
I'm gonna get ya, satan get ya

This aint a hard rock song. Its old fashioned rock n roll. The lead guitarist who writes most of the music was a big doors,stones,Beatles and chuck berry fan.

The playing of AC/DC’s songs at football games is very old.

When I went to Collingwood’s game against Essendon in 1992 (I was at Penleigh and Essendon Grammar and their school football team was playing in the curtain-raiser) they played ‘T.N.T.’ many times. I was embarrassed because I could recognise without decoding the lyrics that AC/DC’s songs clearly condone violence – and no less than with the Koran and the Communist Manifesto there is a lot of apologetics to deny the fact.

‘the_interloper’,

I don’t think most Australians would enjoy Meshuggah’s music – which is far beyond AC/DC and beyond even bands like Metallica from the 1980s – as the introduction to a football match. There is hardly any memorable line like ‘T.N.T.’ and it could not catch on. The dark, brutal sentiment is very different from feelings of excitement that ‘T.N.T.’ was certainly meant to bring to that 1992 MCG crowd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back