Hardwick quits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad John Cena GIF

I dont even have a GIF to explain my feelings right now. Will come back and edit this later.

Wow.

EDIT

I went through a range of emotions... from this as my phone pinged as I was cooking dinner...
shocked-disappointed.gif

To...

a97b05bdd98cae0ca906118fa6c4c052.gif

I'm still kind of here to be honest.

But now the dust is settling, I can't thank Dimma enough for what he did for our club. I'm in my mid thirties, so before 2017 I'd only ever known us to be a laughing stock. All my school mates were mostly either Essendon or Carlton supporters, so growing up saw success and I craved it. My family connection and love for Richmond stems from an uncle who migrated to Australia as a young boy in the sixties, and fully embraced our game. He turned the whole family bloody raving Richmond mad, including my old man who is from Central Europe and had never heard of footy before coming out here in his twenties in the early 80's. He took my brother and I to most games, most weeks growing up, sitting high up on the wooden benches in the Ponsford stand, rain, hail or shine to see the boys play.

That uncle of mine never got to see our modern success, with cancer claiming his life in 2010 when Richmond were almost at our lowest. But I thrived growing up of his stories from the 70's and early 80's, dreaming of once again seeing a dominant Richmond side that every other supporter loved to hate.

Sitting there in the final quarter at the G in 2017 of the Grand Final all I could do is think of him.. and how happy he would be seeing where we were now, and how much he'd love to stick it to all the Essendon, Carlton and Collingwood flogs that used to give us s**t walking to and from the G in the 90's. It's why our premiership salt mine threads bring me so much nourishment, he would have loved seeing the oppo hate us again.

For all of this, I have mostly Dimma to thank, for lifting the club out of the depths, for making us relevant again, for making us hated again, and for that, I love you, Dimma!

All the best wherever lifes journey takes you next.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geeze two coaches in under a week stepping away
Shows the strain the job can take on the individuals cuts to the afl soft cap have now reached breaking point

Looks like we are going to see where the issues are in fact coach/gameplan related or lay elsewhere

Changes a lot in terms of the clubs direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back