Harley Reid - The Prince of Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

That campaigners got Brownlow written allover him. When I see him play I think back on Judd's debut against us in 2002 at The G. A champion in the making.

That campaigners got Brownlow written allover him. When I see him play I think back on Judd's debut against us in 2002 at The G. A champion in the making.

Yep..I truely believe he’s a modern day Dick Reynolds. 3 Brownlows by. 25... but could have won 5 or 6

Just a freak of Australian Rules Football who quickly adjusted to the pace of league footy from
19 years of age onwards and dominates the on- baller/Ruck rover role.

If it wasn’t for the emergence of the other EFC ruck rover later ..the brilliant Bill Hutchinson, Reynolds would’ve won 6of them.

This Tongala kid has the gift.

Evading heavy traffic as a kid and delivering…by kick..on the run.

Only Judd and Voss ( in my mind) were the equivalent.
This is as rare as hens teeth.

In other news..my old man played for Tongala in the late 60s. He was from nearby Tatura.

Never in my wildest football obsessed dreams would I believe a kid like Reid would come from there.

This kid is the Spartan of Victorian country football.

Last edited:
I wonder if he’s had a good tour of the elite Perth suburbs yet. Looks like he’s often in the Wembley and Trigg parts. The vistas, vibes and luxe of Claremont, Peppermint Grove etc betters any area in Melbourne
In my business I’ve been in dozens of these joints.
I truely believe that Dalkeith by the river is the supreme suburb of Perf.

And im originally from
Melb. Dalkeith is the South Yarra / Toorak of Perth.

Reid shouldn’t look
Any further.

Except Shoalwater where I am.

But that’s a bit of drive from Lathain

In my business I’ve been in dozens of these joints.

And im originally from
Melb. Dalkeith is the South Yarra / Toorak of Perth.

Reid shouldn’t look
Any further.

Jutland parade ?

What sort of price would I be looking at for a 3 bedroom with a beach view?

(sorry I'm just really swept up in this real estate talk)
Beach view? 3m+ minimum (or about 7% of Harley’s annual sponsorship wage). Harley’s a keen wakeboarder so may actually prefer the river with river views.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep..I truely believe he’s a modern day Dick Reynolds. 3 Brownlows by. 25... but could have won 5 or 6

Just a freak of Australian Rules Football who quickly adjusted to the pace of league footy from
19 years of age onwards and dominates the on- baller/Ruck rover role.

If it wasn’t for the emergence of the other EFC ruck rover later ..the brilliant Bill Hutchinson, Reynolds would’ve won 6of them.

This Tongala kid has the gift.

Evading heavy traffic as a kid and delivering…by kick..on the run.

Only Judd and Voss ( in my mind) were the equivalent.
This is as rare as hens teeth.

In other news..my old man played for Tongala in the late 60s. He was from nearby Tatura.

Never in my wildest football obsessed dreams would I believe a kid like Reid would come from there.

This kid is the Spartan of Victorian country football.

Biggest difference in that era is players like Reynolds were picked off and targeted.

Reid gets no such attention whatsoever. Likewise Daicos. I'm not saying it's a negative at all as it's great for game but past champions had to put up with snipers and they still excelled which makes them stand out even more.

Biggest difference in that era is players like Reynolds were picked off and targeted.

Reid gets no such attention whatsoever. Likewise Daicos. I'm not saying it's a negative at all as it's great for game but past champions had to put up with snipers and they still excelled which makes them stand out even more.

But arguably back in those days it was easier to be a cut above the rest. The reason being is that back then the sport was not Professional. Most players had normal jobs and just trained a few days a week and played on the weekend. If a player trained harder and more often than the majority, he would rise above the rest even if h e didn't have much natural talent.

Reid shouldn’t look
Any further.

I wouldn't sweat the distance between Shoalwater and Mineral Resources Park. With the millions Harley saves on the house purchase by not buying in Dalkeith, he can buy a chopper 🚁

Harley won't be staying if Tassie offer him $30 mill over 10 years as suggested by WC great Peter 'Onion Picker' Sumich this morning. Just enjoy the couple of years you'll get out of him and plan for the future.

I wonder if he’s had a good tour of the elite Perth suburbs yet. Looks like he’s often in the Wembley and Trigg parts. The vistas, vibes and luxe of Claremont, Peppermint Grove etc betters any area in Melbourne
Nic Nats already shown Harley around Bassendean. Can train at Steel Blue oval if his form drops and has to find his feet at Swan Districts.

Harley won't be staying if Tassie offer him $30 mill over 10 years as suggested by WC great Peter 'Onion Picker' Sumich this morning. Just enjoy the couple of years you'll get out of him and plan for the future.
Onion picker? That’s racist…I’m pretty sure.

Maybe not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back