Opinion Are the Demons currently experiencing some kind of Perth curse?

Are the Demons experiencing a Perth curse?

• Yes

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't understand this view from some people that the 2021 (and 2020) Premierships are supposedly 'invalid' because the Grand Final wasn't played at the MCG. It's still a Premiership, and someone had to win it.

Nothing better than beating you divers that year. No umpires in your pocket that game and you were hung out to dry. No such thing as Karma.
The last final your lot won against us in 2021, we haven’t achieved anything and either has the over rated Demons. No Dee nasty for you.

Jesus christ this is sensitive.

The persons point was “don’t rest on your laurels - even as a flag side Clarkson looked for improvement, not just redoing the same thing over and over”.

And somehow you think that “archetype” from 2015 wouldn’t work ?? You don’t think improving on your flag side would work? Like, maybe adding Lynch to a flag + prelim side, and developing the likes of Bolton, Balta and Baker to replace more limited guys like Townsend & Butler.

Geez, imagine that “archetype”.

Collingwoods ball movement and style is completely different to Richmond of 2017-2020.

And where did Richmond get their coach from?

Not to mention the coaches of West Coast (flag), Dogs (flag), Brisbane (prelims).
Yes yes yes, the completion are all still playing like the Hawks in 2015. That slow kick, mark the ball style has just taken the League by storm. Collingwood are all about that

I really don't understand this view from some people that the 2021 (and 2020) Premierships are supposedly 'invalid' because the Grand Final wasn't played at the MCG. It's still a Premiership, and someone had to win it.
It’s moronic. It’s just a big footy nuffie theme rolled out to invalidate success at the expense of others to pump up your own tyres.

Especially in the case of 2021. Full length games, full length season.

That being said, take nothing away from Richmond for their 2020 flag. 18 teams in it, and they handled it the best.

Not really a curse, they've just been the 2nd best team on the field their last 4 finals.

Curses need a catalyst - like sacking a legendary coach, trading away your best player to your arch rivals to fund a play or refusing to let a fan take their pet goat to a game.

I know there's this bigfooty dogs vs demons thing going on. But it's ******* hard just to win one flag. The comp is as even as I can remember these days. If Demons end up just with 2021 when Goodwin leaves and a list rebuild, that's one more than like 15 other sides in the last decade plus.

I know there's this bigfooty dogs vs demons thing going on. But it's ******* hard just to win one flag. The comp is as even as I can remember these days. If Demons end up just with 2021 when Goodwin leaves and a list rebuild, that's one more than like 15 other sides in the last decade plus.
Probably true. However I don’t feel Collingwood are that much in front of us, or really better at all. We are talking about straight kicking in one or two moments and we beat Collingwood. I’d feel frustrated significantly if we didn’t at least make another GF with this group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This.

The AFL carefully ensured a successful Richmond and Hawthorn in their glory years through favouritism in draws and finals fixtures. It’s why the AFL will ensure favouritism for Carlton next week and Collingwood the rest of the year. Absolutely huge supporter bases and they want success as I’ll facilitate a much higher uplift in membership sales and grass roots support.

They’ve financially invested in QLD and NSW and will continue to, but big 4 flags are the absolute cream.

Demon

I see priority as:
1- Big 4 premierships with big 4 v big 4 dominated finals
2- Geelong or Hawthorn premiership versus big 4 in finals
3- Small Vic premiership against the inequities (2016 & 2021) playing their home finals against a big 4, Geelong or Hawthorn at the MCG for revenue
5 - Small Vic premiership with no MCG finals against big 4, Geelong or Hawthorn
6- Sydney or small interstate premiership to grow game where they play their finals away at the MCG against big 4, Geelong or Hawthorn
7- Sydney or small interstate premiership to grow game without MCG finals against big 4, Geelong or Hawthorn
8- West Coast, Fremantle, Adelaide or Port Adelaide premiership where they play their finals away at the MCG against big 4, Geelong or Hawthorn
9- West Coast, Fremantle, Adelaide or Port Adelaide premiership without MCG finals against big 4, Geelong or Hawthorn
10- all interstate GF

With Melbourne's forward line they are reliant on that Fritsch/Pickett double pivot being clinical and their mids/ruckman contributing goals - similar to the West Coast 2004-2006 template. You probably need 8 goals per game from that group of players against the good sides.

Even ignoring out on the fulls (the Melbourne game vs Collingwood had some memorable ones), this group of players:

-Fritsch
-Pickett
-Petracca
-Oliver
-Viney
-Gawn

Kicked 8.16 this 2023 finals series (33% accuracy, 4 goals per game).

In the 2022 finals series they kicked 12.6 (67% accuracy, 6 goals per game). Conversion was fine, but 9 scoring shots per game from that group was a little low.

In 2021 they kicked 29.14 (67% accuracy, almost 10 goals per game) but with an extra match.

67% conversion by that group of players in either final this year would've seen a Melbourne win by 2-4 goals. Unfortunately bad kicking is bad football.

No they were, Dogs were young with that superstar Jake Stringer, Eagles with the inclusion of Tim Kelly to that superstar midfield were going to win the next 6. As for Richmonds Choke the B2B Premierships made up for that. How many B2Bs did the Cats win again? oh thats right, zero
What an absolute load of BS, there was zero dynasty talk re WC.

Luke Jackson might’ve been handy last night

Didnt you know that basically every flag for the last 40 years dont count because: salary cap cheating, drugs, COLA, covid, umpire conspiracy, playing home prelims away from home, etc

Really only 2001-03 count as real premierships

Back