What are some of the best commentary one-liners in footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sandy Roberts '' Matera sets sail for home. And the Eagles. Hit the front

Cometti's Wilson cork in the ocean but holy * that's been played to death.

Cometti '' Ablett. 5 metres out. Any score will do. Geelong are in the Grand Final ''

"Sheed from the boundary.. needs to be in perfect he is!!!!!!!! He's got the most impossible goal!!!!!!!!!!!"

I remember when LRT went for a run with the ball I think it was Dennis Commitee yelled "He is like a colt that has escaped from his paddock"

also another one where Rhyce Shaw screwed up a kick, went to the opposition and Shaw ran in and tackled his opponent and won a holding the ball the commentator yelled "It is the Shaw Shank Redemption"

I remember when LRT went for a run with the ball I think it was Dennis Commitee yelled "He is like a colt that has escaped from his paddock"

also another one where Rhyce Shaw screwed up a kick, went to the opposition and Shaw ran in and tackled his opponent and won a holding the ball the commentator yelled "It is the Shaw Shank Redemption"

When Josh and Matt Carr both inevitably bumped into each other in a Freo vs Port game when both were wearing the same number:

"Nightmare for the umpire, a two car collision and both have the same rego"

Obviously things like that and Shawshank are rehearsed - doesn't make them any less funny though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back