What was one moment that changed an entire game?

Remove this Banner Ad

For the Pies:

It didn't really change the game because we were up, but the 2010 GF replay Heath Shaw smother was one of the most defining moments in a game. You could really feel the energy from the Pies and I knew it was our day from that moment.

Also the quarter time brawl in the 1990 GF. Essendon were really rattled in the 2nd quarter and we blew them away.

the Crows 'stance' in the grand final loss to richmond, lost the game before the game even started
I think the crows lost the game before even entering the MCG. To me they seem to have got ahead of themselves and underestimated Richmond.

They actually booked a seat on the flight home just for the premiership cup. The last boarding call in the airport would have been funny "premiership cup this is your last boarding call".

Saints Hawks Rd 10 1988
Saints in control. Frawley giving Brereton a bath.
Brereton king hits Frawley.
Frawley off with concussion.
Brereton kicks 6 goals.
Hawks win.
Brereton gets 6 weeks.

What a ******** tool.

Saints Hawks Rd 10 1988
Saints in control. Frawley giving Brereton a bath.
Brereton king hits Frawley.
Frawley off with concussion.
Brereton kicks 6 goals.
Hawks win.
Brereton gets 6 weeks.

What a ******** tool.

Was there a bounty on frawley head like on Peter hudson in 1971?
Did the thug who concussed him get his $2000?

A 20m kick by Paul Kelly that just fell short of Lockett early in 2nd qtr of 96 Grand Final. Had he hit him on the chest and Plugger kicked truly we would've been 5 goals up, but instead 15-20 seconds later Freeborn kicked a goal up the other end and never looked back. Always wonder what if with that.

12m50

Bloody hell, I was only 10 at the time but I remember watching this game in its entirety. Obviously my memory has failed me because I never would have guessed the Swans led by four goals during the second qtr.

I do recall Plugger having a good game, but that was the norm for him.

James Harmes kicking a pintpoint (argueabley the best of his career) lace out drop punt to A leading Bailey Fritsch
that kickstarted a 100-7 Run to lead Melbourne to ending their 57 year flag* draught.
Although I refuse to watch that game ever again, my memory is that mark and corresponding goal by Brayshaw swung the momentum in your favour.

If we're being serious, whether he takes that mark or not wouldn't have changed the result. If Angus fails to take that mark, there would have been a Dees goal shortly after that which would have given you the go ahead momentum anyway.

For the Giants, two big ones.

Ward taken out in the 2016 final against the dogs.

Shiel taken high in the 2017 final against the Tigers
The events that led to Ward being accidentally kneed in the head by Cordy eventuated from Heath Shaw's stupid decision to kick the ball laterally about 15 seconds earlier.

There are so many sliding doors moments, but to rub it in further, If Steve Johnson didn't get suspended, he plays that PF instead of Palmer and you guys win.

Bloody hell, I was only 10 at the time but I remember watching this game in its entirety. Obviously my memory has failed me because I never would have guessed the Swans led by four goals during the second qtr.

I do recall Plugger having a good game, but that was the norm for him.
Yup, we were all over them early on. I was confident we were going to win as well since we beat them by 80 points in Melbourne earlier in the year, too. Ah well!

Moment of the 08 grand final I thought was Ellis getting a free kick.
Probably doesn't mean much on its own, but it's the fact that Geelong heard the whistle and expected the free so they all streamed forward, leaving several hawks on their own for an easy goal. It was then that I saw a change in attitude for the hawk. A "no easy frees today kitties"

HXUifx.gif

Sydney crapped themselves after that
yes was going to suggest when Roughy lined hanners up.
A beautiful thing to watch

Moment of the 08 grand final I thought was Ellis getting a free kick.
Probably doesn't mean much on its own, but it's the fact that Geelong heard the whistle and expected the free so they all streamed forward, leaving several hawks on their own for an easy goal. It was then that I saw a change in attitude for the hawk. A "no easy frees today kitties"

I thought they got a few. The free and 50 to gablett for the Mitchell tackle which wasn’t a rule till the following year.
This was literally seconds after Ling fouled Mitchell at the centre bounce. No free, no 50 nada

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back