If you could change one result from the past, what would be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
Any of Collingwood's Grand Final losses between 1960 and 2018 espeically 1966, 1970, 1979, 2002 and of course 2018. 2018 hurts the most as we were up by 5 goals then lost by under a kick. At least we made up for it in 2023 winning our 16th flag and the sweetest victory of them all.

Either round 22 or 23 2019. Win one of those and we're top four and a dead set chance of back to back. I'll go the round 23 one.

The 2019 Champions League Final. Oh wait, sorry.

Not the 2012 GF as I don't think the next three would have happened if not for that. Maybe Smith missing after the siren in the 2016 QF, although it would have been touch and go from there, we missed Roughy.

Besides that, I think most Hawthorn people would say either the 2001 Prelim against Essendon or either of the 1984/85 Grand Finals.

The 2019 Champions League Final. Oh wait, sorry.

Not the 2012 GF as I don't think the next three would have happened if not for that. Maybe Smith missing after the siren in the 2016 QF, although it would have been touch and go from there, we missed Roughy.

Besides that, I think most Hawthorn people would say either the 2001 Prelim against Essendon or either of the 1984/85 Grand Finals.
Hahahahaha suck eggs mate, Liverpool should've won 2018 too - but Salah was injured and Karius goalkeeped concussed

My result would be us getting found out for salary cap breaches :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2005 prelim St Kilda v Sydney.

Saints would have been no guarantee to win against West Coast in the Grand Final, but fundamentally footy probably would've ended up in a better place with Grant Thomas winning a premiership instead of Paul Roos.

Going down a slightly different path I reckon Essendon win the 1990 Grand Final if Collinwood and the Eagles don't have that draw replay.
??????
We played you twice in the 1990's final series and won by 10 goals and then 8 goals in the GF. You did not even get close to winning. The draw had nothing to do with it.

2016 QF

Would have backed us in a PF against Sydney. Geelong probably would have beaten the Dogs and then the other prelim is GWS v Geelong

GWS would have smacked us in the GF but if Geelong were in there we would have been a good chance

I think it has to be one of the 80s-90s grand final losses, since nearly every player who played in the 2008 and 2020 losses played in another premiership for the Cats. Without going through who appeared in the 1989-95 grand finals forensically, I'll go in the middle with 1992.

2005 prelim St Kilda v Sydney.

Saints would have been no guarantee to win against West Coast in the Grand Final, but fundamentally footy probably would've ended up in a better place with Grant Thomas winning a premiership instead of Paul Roos.
Reckon Saints would've rolled us that year. Eagles were banged up pretty bad. Only thing keeping the Eagles in that grand final were the Swans themselves.

As a neutral 2005 seemed a terrible injustice. The Brisbane threepeat hurt us but there was no denying their brutal brilliance. The Eagles were less brutal but that midfield...

That Sydney side which "beat" them felt like a bucket of s**t forced down our throats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back