If You Could Change 1 Grand Final Result - For Your Team or Other - Which Would It Be???

Remove this Banner Ad

1992. First time I watched us in a Granny. Was our best chance to win one in that era by far. We looked on track, and it was heart breaking seeing it slip away to a team I didn't like at all.
Do many Cats fans have a sore spot for WC?

I'd like to get revenge on Hawthorn one day in a gf, but that day may never come.

I'd like to get revenge on Hawthorn one day in a gf, but that day may never come.
Yes and for some reason whenever I watched the eagles play as a kid, I could smell rotting eggs.
I developed a really bizarre association, it’s so weird to think back on now haha.
‘92 was the worst.

Saints 09 and 10 by a mile. Didn’t kick a goal in the last quarter in 09 from memory, and that ******* bounce…..

Yes and for some reason whenever I watched the eagles play as a kid, I could smell rotting eggs.
I developed a really bizarre association, it’s so weird to think back on now haha.
‘92 was the worst.
Haha interesting...yeah it must've been tough to have lived through 89-95. The idea of losing both 05 and 06 seemed unthinkable at the time.

Haha interesting...yeah it must've been tough to have lived through 89-95. The idea of losing both 05 and 06 seemed unthinkable at the time.
Yes, it was tough in the school grounds after all the GF losses, especially being one of the only Cats supporters at my school in the outer east of Melbourne. They gave it to me.

We weren't greedy. We just wanted 1.

Then these average clubs like Adelaide come from nowhere and win 2! It was truly like a knife in the heart.

More then hawthorn to be honest. despise the weagles.

i still occassionally get we're the eagles stuck in my head after the mental torture of that song walking out of 2 grand finals.

its worse then those lego movie songs. Can you guys please change it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong aside, I thought 2018 was one the biggest heartbreakers one could ever imagine. I felt genuine sadness for the Pies to have it stolen at the death like that, but what a kick!

As many others have said, Saints 09/10 was very very heartbreaking as well.

61 - was the start of things to come for Hawthorn, could have been Dogs 2nd
95 - Geelong had been the perennial bridesmaids for 6 seasons.
05 - WCE wins, Hall should have been suspended
12 - Would have given Hawthorn a (deserved?) 4-peat

Yes, it was tough in the school grounds after all the GF losses, especially being one of the only Cats supporters at my school in the outer east of Melbourne. They gave it to me.

We weren't greedy. We just wanted 1.

Then these average clubs like Adelaide come from nowhere and win 2! It was truly like a knife in the heart.
Yeah no doubt, after the drought too. Well I'm sure your recent success makes up for it. Imagine being a Saints supporter.

i still occassionally get we're the eagles stuck in my head after the mental torture of that song walking out of 2 grand finals.

Our song isn't the best but at least it's original...I hope they do change it back from the current version though.

Seems to be a yes. I think it was more the frustration that you guys continually had our measure (throughout that whole period really), and not based on any real hatred of the club/supporters. At least that's how I look back on it now.
Yeah fair enough. Crazy Gaz Snr never nabbed one despite being so good. Him and Carey were always spellbinding to watch...Ablett probably was more theatrical/spectacular.

Geelong aside, I thought 2018 was one the biggest heartbreakers one could ever imagine. I felt genuine sadness for the Pies to have it stolen at the death like that, but what a kick!

As many others have said, Saints 09/10 was very very heartbreaking as well.
As an Eagles fan I hope our next GF isn't close. Having 3 of our last 4 decided by under a goal isn't easy on the heart!

‘93. Would make sure that idiot Blues supporter who received the fax from Neale Daniher outlining how they’d figured out our centre bounce set up did the right thing and sent it on to Carlton so Parko could adjust. Makes me want to cry but it’s a fantastic footy story.
can you tell me more about this...iv never heard of this before and im fascinated...like, did this actually happen or something????

At least you know how we feel having to hear the Birds of Tokyo rendition. The only positive of the last two years has been hearing it less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back