Which list would you most want?

Which list would you most want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The list is excellent, the club is not.
Yeah that midfield is pretty ****ed in terms of Talent especially with Miller probably at his Peak and Ainsworth just about to hit it

Throw in the younger but just as talented Rowell and Anderson as well they are easily as good as if not better than any other midfield in the comp on paper

FFS please please please do not let this thread become another Cats v Tigers p1ssing contest!!!

Especially since, and no offence to either club, but this is a thread on the list you would most want and I doubt there would be too many people picking Richmond or Geelong for that in 2024.

I think our list at Brisbane is really good. We have some guys in their prime, some hitting their prime and a good mix of youth coming through that is exciting.
But if I was going on what the list could be in a few years, the GC list seems to be better than the others.

The GC list feels like a double edged sword. Yes you have (probably) the most talent out of all other 17 teams, but you can easily get to a point where too many of the talented kids all want big money, and you get a salary cap issue similar to what the Giants have just finished clearing out.

In all honesty, I think the Giants has the best list, both short term and long term. You have a good mix of midfielders (Green, Jelly, Coniglio, Callaghan etc.) alongside a very good group of tall defenders (Buckley, Taylor and Himmelberg). You have the experienced tall fwd in Hogan, alongside the young prospect Cadman, with Riccardi showing he can be a decent 2nd fiddle. You have the X-factor in Greene, as well as the speed of Whitfield, Ash, Bedford and Daniels.

If we're being honest, it's hard to see a glaring hole in the Giants' current list, imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The GC list feels like a double edged sword. Yes you have (probably) the most talent out of all other 17 teams, but you can easily get to a point where too many of the talented kids all want big money, and you get a salary cap issue similar to what the Giants have just finished clearing out.

In all honesty, I think the Giants has the best list, both short term and long term. You have a good mix of midfielders (Green, Jelly, Coniglio, Callaghan etc.) alongside a very good group of tall defenders (Buckley, Taylor and Himmelberg). You have the experienced tall fwd in Hogan, alongside the young prospect Cadman, with Riccardi showing he can be a decent 2nd fiddle. You have the X-factor in Greene, as well as the speed of Whitfield, Ash, Bedford and Daniels.

If we're being honest, it's hard to see a glaring hole in the Giants' current list, imo.
I agree with the salary cap issue at gc

Giants for me. If Cadman comes on, I can't really see a fault in their list until Toby Greene retires in maybe 3 years. Even then there is still a good spread of talent in their forward line if they all stay

GC easily.
I'm surprised so many have gone for Gold Coast. They've had a promising list for a while but we're made to believe inept coaches have held them back.

GWS were my pick. On the cusp of success last year but the cupboards are still stocked with talented kids and recent high end picks.

You have some finals hardened veterans including Greene, Kelly and Whitfield. Greene when he fires is a top 5 player in the league.

The mosquito fleet around Greene are dangerous and Hogan is still handy.

Taylor one of the best KPDs in the league with plenty of peak years left. Idun looks really exciting back there.

Green has Brownlow potential and Cogs is one of the more underrated mids in the comp.

Briggs ceiling is high and a bunch of kids have breakout potential.

For the here and now, AND the "in 5-6 years" GWS are well placed. With a good coach and a reputation for pushing for finals.

Edit: I see 3 have joined me on the Giants bandwagon, I was on my lonesome when I checked yesterday.

North need an entire backline.
And a ruck
And a 2nd key fwd to support larkey.

Good mid and small/med fwd depth though.

If freo had a sam Taylor on the list, i reckon they'd shoot into top 6 contention.
We’d probably be in contention if we had Taylor. Gun.

Pies obvs, love my boys.

Maybe tweak the OP to exclude your own club?

In that case Brisbane have a freaking awesome list, the father sons are on par with ours, plenty of youth and experience, strong on all the lines and no weaknesses except KPF IQ ;)

After them Giants and North have been topped up nicely.

Geelong.

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

Back