Recommitted Harrison Jones [signs 1 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

The 22 year old key forward has had a slow start to the year and dropped for Weideman today he is out of contract at years end.

Is a dons supporter not that it means much but one I imagine clubs who don’t have a decent second KPF would target

Are dons even gonna have enough players to field a team next year at this rate?

needs to hit the gym and eat nothing but eggs for 2 years.

He is as fit as anyone and his running is elite, but his physicality is nonexistent. gets moved way to easily off the ball in marking contests.

i think he has potential, but he needs serious work.

He is as fit as anyone and his running is elite, but his physicality is nonexistent. gets moved way to easily off the ball in marking contests.

Has promise but is very one-dimensional. Needs to add more to his game and yeah bulk up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't aware of that, so it's probably unlikely :)
I believe that Kouta was a Collingwood supporter, Dunstall a Carlton supporter as was Chris Grant and apparently Nick Daicos. Anything is possible and as for Harrison Jones I'd have him at Carlton in a heart beat because he has the potential to be another Hird like player. He does need to bulk up a little and be given free reign to go where he pleases.

Built like one of the characters out of the movie Antz, needs to either bulk up if he wants to be a pure forward or turn into a massive aerobic capacity winger/half forward a bit like Mason Wood or Blicavz.

I'd not thought about this movie for literal decades till last night my mate was going on about it, now see it posted here the next day in the context of Harry Jones's body lol

Apologies, glitch in the matrix my man (Unless we both saw an ad for it on tv last night...).

Do you think he's in a bit of trouble given Wright, Perkins and Weideman seem to have him covered? Additionally with Langford showing himself to be a decent forward this year? Does he NEED to work at a different position like a wingman?

Our own supporters were sledging him to eat some food during the giants game. Pretty funny tbh

Apologies, glitch in the matrix my man (Unless we both saw an ad for it on tv last night...).

Do you think he's in a bit of trouble given Wright, Perkins and Weideman seem to have him covered? Additionally with Langford showing himself to be a decent forward this year? Does he NEED to work at a different position like a wingman?
Right now if Wright was fit I'm not sure I'd have Weids and Jones in the same team.
But I'm not sure the club would be overly concerned about where Jones is at as a 22 year old. He needs some time at VFL level which he hasn't really had the luxury of because of injuries to himself last year and Wright/Weids to start 2023.
He's a hard runner and the effort is definitely there - he's a good mark but he's getting out muscled a fair bit - and you can tell his confidence is pretty shaky at the moment, especially in front of goal. In fact he's seemed low on confidence since late 2021.
He's a development player at the 3rd youngest team in the comp right now, don't think there's many places he'd be better suited to.
He's not currently best 22 but his spot on the list isn't in doubt at the moment, I don't reckon.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back