Recommitted Harrison Jones [signs 1 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatā€™s the hold up then

Has had plenty of time to lock in something whilst injured if he wanted
I dunno, maybe a couple of free agents and the former captain negotiating new contracts, plus a couple of retirements and a handful of delistings taking up all the list manager's time?

Youā€™d imagine heā€™s still highly rated internally and wouldnā€™t be worth much at the trade table. Has been given plenty of opportunity while fit unless heā€™s lost faith in our fitness staff why would he leave?

Changed it after winning the bf draft predictor last year and getting free premium platinum membership

Reflecting my Nostradamus self
Really? Because your record on making these trade threads leads me to suggest that you're closer to the, ah, ruder version

Changed it after winning the bf draft predictor last year and getting free premium platinum membership

Reflecting my Nostradamus self

He has just re-signed at Essendon lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well itā€™s a strange length extension for a young KPF, donā€™t see it very often.
Not saying thereā€™s anything sinister in it but, Brockman did hit the road after extending for one season albeit for family reasons so it can happen šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Makes perfect sense in Jones case. The club wouldn't want to offer a long deal due to his injury history and no doubt it's pretty low coin. Harrison gets a year to prove his worth and get a better contract in a year's time. Good deal for both parties.

Well itā€™s a strange length extension for a young KPF, donā€™t see it very often.
Not saying thereā€™s anything sinister in it but, Brockman did hit the road after extending for one season albeit for family reasons so it can happen šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Pretty sure the kid wants to stay long term and the club wants him to.

But signing long-term without getting his body right and securing his spot in the side first means he would be locking himself into a low salary, while the club would be gambling on his body coming good.

Obviously

Makes perfect sense in Jones case. The club wouldn't want to offer a long deal due to his injury history and no doubt it's pretty low coin. Harrison gets a year to prove his worth and get a better contract in a year's time. Good deal for both parties.

Georgiades just signed a 4 year extension with a significant injury history.

1 year is a strange one for Jones, and Essendon. Not very confidence building for anyone involved.

Understand Jones injury history but if he does come good next season, heā€™s a very talented young KPF who will be OOC and they are hard to find.
The one year contract wonā€™t go unnoticed by other clubs list managers ā€¦

Georgiades just signed a 4 year extension with a significant injury history.

1 year is a strange one for Jones, and Essendon. Not very confidence building for anyone involved.
Gerorgiades is a first round pick with a 30 goal (20 game) season ND another 19 game season.

Jones has played 16 games once, and not more than 10 in any other season. We like him, but durability and his exposed form is less Georgiades.

Gerorgiades is a first round pick with a 30 goal (20 game) season ND another 19 game season.

Jones has played 16 games once, and not more than 10 in any other season. We like him, but durability and his exposed form is less Georgiades.
suspect we'll give Hunter a year too.
End of '24 it's 2 of Hunter, Weid and Jones staying on.....or all 3 just don't make it and we try something else.

Understand Jones injury history but if he does come good next season, heā€™s a very talented young KPF who will be OOC and they are hard to find.
The one year contract wonā€™t go unnoticed by other clubs list managers ā€¦
šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Heā€™s the kind of person that is unlikely to look around much. Spends his injury recovery time helping out with coaching the VFL and his off-seasons helping the recruiters. Kind of like the anti-Daniher.

His manager can do whatever he needs to do to get a good deal and thatā€™ll be the end of it, and for all our sakes I hope he has a break out year and demands a fortune next year.

šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Heā€™s the kind of person that is unlikely to look around much. Spends his injury recovery time helping out with coaching the VFL and his off-seasons helping the recruiters. Kind of like the anti-Daniher.

His manager can do whatever he needs to do to get a good deal and thatā€™ll be the end of it, and for all our sakes I hope he has a break out year and demands a fortune next year.

Sounds like heā€™s invested.
Adrian struggles to even let the ordinary players go so if Jones does come good next season, the ā€œKingā€ will find a way to keep him ā€¦

not really

Jones has injury issues and he's about 8KG's off where we need him. A slight breeze moves this guy off balance.

The way i see it we have given him another season to sort himself out and get his body where we need it. If he breaks out, he gets a long extension.

If i was him id get my ass into a weight room ASAP and stay there until January.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back