Recommitted Harrison Jones [signs 1 year deal]

Remove this Banner Ad

🤷‍♀️ He’s the kind of person that is unlikely to look around much. Spends his injury recovery time helping out with coaching the VFL and his off-seasons helping the recruiters. Kind of like the anti-Daniher.

His manager can do whatever he needs to do to get a good deal and that’ll be the end of it, and for all our sakes I hope he has a break out year and demands a fortune next year.
Based on all that and it's a buying low opportunity right now, do you think the 1yr is the club playing it safe or Jones backing himself to get it right next year and push for a big contract?

Not as completely dumb as some posters making out. Could very well be as much Jones as it is about Essendon.

Wants to put in the work after another disappointing year which sees the faith and confidence in Jones' body dwindling.

If he puts in a breakout season he could very well set himself up for that career contract that takes him to Free Agency. Im ok with this.

not really

Jones has injury issues and he's about 8KG's off where we need him. A slight breeze moves this guy off balance.

The way i see it we have given him another season to sort himself out and get his body where we need it. If he breaks out, he gets a long extension.

If i was him id get my ass into a weight room ASAP and stay there until January.

Given he's had foot, ankle and back problems I very much doubt that would be good idea.

Given he's had foot, ankle and back problems I very much doubt that would be good idea.

then he is useless to us.

you cannot play that position and not be able to take marks in a contest. He is pushed way too easily off the ball.

Disagree. There is value in hard running athletic forwards with his aerial ability plus I expect he’ll get stronger over time IF he can stay healthy.

I agree there is value, but not as his weight/size.

Any type of contact and he is moved off the ball far too easily.

It's a quintessential one year prove it deal.

It's not like there are a plethora of KPF options on the market to replace him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um, I doubt he's going to be delisted given the goals Voss has kicked in the VFL in 2022 and 2023. That said, I do agree Jones on talent is miles ahead.

I wouldn't actually be surprised if Voss gets a trade somewhere. The role that would be best for him at AFL level is one that Langford has, and he may get a better opportunity elsewhere. Would be cheap as chips for another team.
Bump

He's not "about to be delisted".

Pardon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back