Harry and Gary topping up retirement funds again.

Remove this Banner Ad

James Sutherland? Why is Geelong recuiting old money Polo players? Open up the club to everyone not just a few rich farmers that want to suck Chris Scott's ****

All but confirms another top 2 finish for Geelong in 2020. Hopefully Chris Scott doesn't do something stupid and drop Danger in finals.

James Sutherland? Why is Geelong recuiting old money Polo players? Open up the club to everyone not just a few rich farmers that want to suck Chris Scott's ****

Farmers own our country. Everyone else is just a sap

Jnr Ablett should have never went back but glossy, adoring eyes of fans and Geelong yoof is what he wanted. Such a narcissist and has stolen a spot from some kid next year trying to break into the league.

With Harry and Gary taking the opportunity to cash up again and Dangerflop always putting himself first will Geelong yet again fail in finals in 2020.

Gary was gone in finals and Harry well I thought he had already retired, compare this with Sean Grigg who retired early to allow Richmond to bring in a midseason draft player that went on to be third best on the ground in yet another flag winning year for the Tigers.

Is the me me me culture holding geelong back or is it just that they are a minnow club that had a moment of drug fueled success a decade ago that will never be repeated?

Thoughts?

Won't make finals next season.

They're moving on old man Tim Kelly though, so they can keep their youngsters like Gaz and Harry.
this makes perfect sense in the bizzarro universe

They will look good as May Premiers before their old campaigners run out of juice. Mid season collapse again and won't win a final in 2020. Ablett is the most selfish campaigner ever to play the game.

Ablett couldn't kick it over a jam tin during the finals, gone!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have you been to Geelong?
I went there once coz I'm a risk-taker and thrillseeker, for an hour which felt like a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this makes perfect sense in the bizzarro universe
Where Chris Scott is wise beyond measure and Patrick Dangerfield has no ego

Yeah he will be haunted by that move to the GCS for the rest of his life. Missed 1 and possibly 2 more flags. No amount of ca$h could ever erase that memory.

s**t truck
Not a s**t truck, an awesome player in his day but prolonging the career is just gonna bring his all time averages down and make him look like a plodder. Should have gone out on top & I am surprised they granted him another go BUT merch sales are important to a club in this age of capitalism.

“Just watch me next week, coach”. 🥴

He's played in more flags than your club in its entire 130 year history. Respect the GOAT
I watched the careers of both Ablett's and the son is a vastly inferior player to the father. Junior is merely Dane Swan with less hair, tattoos & likability.

4x Premiership Player, Premiership Captain and Brownlow Medalist Sam Mitchell was a better footballer than Junior. Better human being too.

I watched the careers of both Ablett's and the son is a vastly inferior player to the father. Junior is merely Dane Swan with less hair, tattoos & likability.

4x Premiership Player, Premiership Captain and Brownlow Medalist Sam Mitchell was a better footballer than Junior. Better human being too.
Incorrect in both regards. Sam is a self serving narcissist with barely enough pace to pull the skin off a pudding. GAJ is the GOAT and you think about it every night as you cry yourself to sleep.

Incorrect in both regards. Sam is a self serving narcissist with barely enough pace to pull the skin off a pudding. GAJ is the GOAT and you think about it every night as you cry yourself to sleep.
You're a clueless little ponce and I'm about to educate you so listen up porkchop.

Ablett is nothing but a cheap stat whore who padded his numbers by 1-2 handballing to teammates more than any player I've ever seen. Spent most of his career letting his teammates do the heavy lifting while demanding the football at every opportunity like a selfish sack of s**t.

Sam Mitchell was instrumental to achieving four Hawthorn Premierships and was a better kick on both feet than Ablett, with a better football brain, better sidestep, better awareness & reader of the play, better at winning his own football, nicer family and better human being, and future Premiership coach.

If Mitchell was as hyped by the media because of his old man as Ablett was he would've retired with 3-4 Brownlows. Despite starting his career completely unheralded as a rookie he polled just 30 votes less than Ablett in his career despite playing 16 fewer games, always playing in Hawthorn teams that were dripping with talent to pinch votes from him as opposed to Ablett who was the only player umpires could recognize in a GC jumper.

Absolutely no comparison between them, Sam Mitchell every day of the week if winning Premierships is the goal. So yeah, the fact Ablett Jnr isn't even the best on-baller of his era yet you consider him the GOAT and a better player than his old man makes you look like the clueless ******* you are. You have NFI.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back