Autopsy Hawfforn too good. Umps agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Emotional letdown from last fortnight is disappointing as it is predictable.

We probably tried to play a game plan with no tall forward line that our current skill level doesn't cater for. Would have preferred to see Steevo back for another week.

We should have setup to defend in the first qtr instead we went out all guns blazing, that's fine when we play at Docklands, but doesn't worst into a gale.

Hall, gets plenty of it and tries to do stuff, but i think Stevo was better in the role last week.
JZ was once a brute, now he gets moved out of the contest by any opposing player, kick a few goals, but could have done a whole lot more, still one of his better games though i guess.
Jy couldn't get near it, go exposed for his lack of speed and strength, when he did get it we had the lowest disposal efficiency out of everyone on the team, then started belting blokes, this is the bloke people think should be our next leader.
Bonar, he is a big strong athletic lad, but no footy brain, and we played him on Gunston, just silly.
JHF, wtf, cost himself another $50k today, unless he had some sort of injury then that was a weak effort.
Spicer....... VFL for the rest of the year.

CJJ, i think his ruckwork especially in the middle needs ALOT of work, however i think he is a pretty smart player, did some nice things, still a long way to go.
Bmac, animal.
Thought Stevo was ok.
L young goes at it 100%, can we get his brother too plz.
JZ was once a brute, now he gets moved out of the contest by any opposing player, kick a few goals, but could have done a whole lot more, still one of his better games though i guess.

overall i think we all though we might be a chance today, however got spanked in the inside 50 count again, unlike Richmond though the hawks kicked straight.
back to the drawing board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back to the mean again right at home in the 40+ deficit zone where we belong because this team is the absolute pits and needs a serious reshuffle of players.

god willing Clarko comes over because we need something to lure better senior players in that can escalate this team because we gotta shed the remaining deadwood here, get the younger blokes into a serious pre-season of building their bodies up, and get a better game plan than what we’ve had for the last 2-3 years.

This team is hard as * to watch most weeks, our last 2 weeks were indeed a sugar hit from the drama leading up to sacking the coach.

Electing to focus on the positives:

- LDU has come a long way when we say he’s had an underwhelming/quiet day and he’s ended up with 30 possessions and two goals.

- Ben McKay is at the top of his game.

--End--​

McKay ✅
LDU ✅

Young, LMac, Powell, Scott, Zurhaar battled hard and were ok.

Skills were an absolute horror show today. Went way too attacking in that first quarter, very little defensive accountability against a well drilled side. We are well aware of the fitness issues hope that is a key focus in the pre season we were so flat footed at stages today just allowed easy ball movement that never really gave our defenders much hope.

No Larkey. First quarter they kicked straight and were gifted some from frees, we were headless chooks in our forward 50. Heads dropped, discipline dropped, but ultimately we kept churning and didn't let this blow out like we would have done previously. To keep the margin what it was after quarter time is respectable enough. At the end of the day it was a bit of a s**t game but not embarrassing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back