News Hawthorn and Adidas part ways in 2022…what next?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes sense - the statement said the gear had been made in consultation with the players.
the players ticked off the Power Rangers jumpers too.......not sure i've recovered from that

The comment from 2015 was interesting to me:

Hawthorn will change the design of its indigenous jumper next year and actually sells more away jumpers — with more yellow than brown — than home jumpers.

I reckon ISC looks pretty good. Love that it's a Australian brand too. People whinging that it's not Addidas or Nike probably still think that if they press the pump on the tongue, they'll jump higher.
I'll have you know the tongue pump still works, thankyou, it's the belly that's hindering the height of the jump these days.

Saw a comment on social media from a supposed Hawk fan saying that the club had failed because our colors have always been “brown and yellow”, and I immediately wanted to give that guy an uppercut.

Was watching the video of Jars showing Karl Amon around the club before. Both of them are wearing the blue polo shirts reckon they look great.

Saw a comment on social media from a supposed Hawk fan saying that the club had failed because our colors have always been “brown and yellow”, and I immediately wanted to give that guy an uppercut.

Similar to a ******* on the Raiders socials (funnily enough ISC also does the Raiders kit) whining about a white away jersey this year saying it wasn’t one of our colours - unfortunately for them it’s been our secondary colour since inception 1982 and has been our predominant shorts colour and we have had white away/pre-season jerseys since the late 80s. The people who whine the loudest about this stuff invariably have zero clue about club history/heritage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sketchers on the front and KFC on the back; what an absolute abomination. Just thankful I got to live through the Puma era, this is so low rent it isn’t funny.
Skechers and Puma global revenue is about equivalent and KFC is one of the biggest and most recognisable brands in the world. Low rent?

Skechers and Puma global revenue is about equivalent and KFC is one of the biggest and most recognisable brands in the world. Low rent?

But the poors eat KFC and low rent people like nurses wear Skechers - oh the embarrassment!1!

I can definitely see opposition fans voting for the diamond guernsey just to troll. I do however reckon a modern day version won't be that bad. Hope it's the 1999 pre season premiership one though.

On Pixel 3a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes low rent. It has nothing to do with how much money the companies make, it’s about taste.

Sketchers would be better suited to sponsor a lawn bowls team given their target market is boomers with back issues.

And the huge KFC bumper sticker above the numbers makes me want to vomit every time I see it.

This is how the club chooses to represent itself on the field every week? May as well go down the Rugby League path and cover the thing in sponsors if it’s all about the money, it couldn’t get any uglier now.

I get it is an issue with all clubs, but $120 for a training singlet is just outrageous. That cost cannot be justified.

The $100 trackies amused me. If the product origin is a fast fashion hotspot (Bangladesh etc) then the markup must be insane.

But the poors eat KFC and low rent people like nurses wear Skechers - oh the embarrassment!1!
Yep and the first thing people think when aspiring to buy a pair of Jordans is “Would a nurse wear these?”.

No one’s downplaying the importance of nurses but even they admit the stuff they wear is only about function.

Skechers is a daggy ass brand that no one actually aspires to wear, but we’re stuck with it now. The saving grace is that so far it’s been visually minimised as far as branding goes.

That ‘Big Hawk’ jumper always looked to me like it was created as part of a tutorial module in adobe illustrator by a 17 yr old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back