News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

Turn it up. 😉

Under 9s don’t have scores, ladders, votes, nor awards for best in comp. They play in mixed teams. It’s all about having fun.

I’ll be sure to keep an eye on him over the next 10 years
There's no scores officially kept, but every kid out there knows what the score is...

I quite literally brought Calsher‘s name to this forum around 10 years ago when he was running around for the Beauie sharks because all the dads(his included) could see that he was the best kid in the family.

It’s silly to suggest that talent can’t be seen at a young age.

The man tells no lies - September 2, 2013:
Was speaking to my bro-inlaw yesterday, who son plays with Calsher Dear (another son of Paul). It's only Under 9's, but he is supposedly a 'freak' amongst the other kids. Some of whom are also sons of ex-AFL players.

Harry Dear is quite a monster for his age, too, and is almost as big if not bigger, than Paul already.

Talent can be spotted early out , drive and determination can’t.
I wouldn't say that. I've seen kids as early as under 12s who show professional attributes.
They do 'extras' training wise , have seen some kids even look after their nutrition by that age.
They normally won't be in the 1% of most talented , but they almost always are the one's who succeed at high level sport.

Because Rob Dickson passed away and his brother Peter has done the Paul Dear film and other projects.

Maybe it needs to be commissioned by someone within the club.
I remember Rob Dickson was promoting Passion to Play at the start of 2009 on SEN and he mentioned back then he had that much behind the scenes footage of Hawthorn in 2008 that he was hoping to make a documentary of the 2008 year!! Unfortunately he passed away not long after!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember Rob Dickson was promoting Passion to Play at the start of 2009 on SEN and he mentioned back then he had that much behind the scenes footage of Hawthorn in 2008 that he was hoping to make a documentary of the 2008 year!! Unfortunately he passed away not long after!!
Essence of the Game I think

I'd particularly love to hear from the players how much the 2012 grand final defeat and to a lesser extent the Geelong "curse" played a role in the success that followed. I always felt those failures created the chip on shoulder needed for the sustained success that might not have occurred on pure talent alone had we won in 2012 when we very clearly the best side in it. I actually think on pure talent 2012 was our peak - we really thumped sides during the season that year and finished on top with a % of 154.

Id start any threepeat doco with the final siren of 2008 then the wilderness of 2009/10 then start building with 2011, the prelim loss and then go into 2012 and use that to slingshot into the threepeat

I know him personally. He's a great bloke and a huge Hawks fan.
Former head of finance at the AFL

Would this mean he has knowledge of all clubs salary cap space, and do a Steve Hocking/Jack Bowes deal somewhere?

Would this mean he has knowledge of all clubs salary cap space, and do a Steve Hocking/Jack Bowes deal somewhere?

I'm afraid even if he tells me there is no way I would post it on here. I'll threaten to release his nickname to the public if he doesn't. But all of that dies with me.

No. Definitely not. AFL people going straight to clubs receive this exit…
Forget Will Smith GIF

Or is that the general public???

Issie chatting with Sam Mitchell mainly about coaching but interesting to listen
Really great interview. What I thought was really interesting was the bit about the challenge with the new young generation of players coming through and how social media might be playing a part in how they choose to execute skills out on the field. That they'd rather look good failing than give themselves the best chance of success trying something unorthodox.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back