Coach John Longmire - Part II

What should we do about the coaching situation?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We kicked 8 goals in the 1st quarter v Gold Coast.
Blaming the coach for that result defies logic.

Yeah and then...

Managed to lose to a cellar dweller AT HOME!

The buck stops with the coach. He's there to implement a gameplan. The players are copping it enough, the coach deserves to cop it just as much s our defensive rubbish gameplan barely could score 10 goals a game all season. We struggled to beat sides convincingly. It's a gameplan issue more than the players. Their attacking flair has been sucked out by this defensive mindset of the coach. Time to move to a more attacking coach.

The buck stop with the coach, which doesn't excuse the players, they still have to answer.

The 'attacking flair sucked out' is complete garbage.

The buck stop with the coach, which doesn't excuse the players, they still have to answer.

"People are allowed to have opinions and they're allowed to voice them, that is exactly what the forum is for."

I Read that in another thread, it must not apply in this thread :):)

Both the players (some of them) and the coach should go. We need some changes in players- mainly players who can kick and some speed. We are SO SLOW! Our midfield is a bunch of turtles, they'd all struggle to beat a rugby prop forward in a 100m sprint!

I disagree on the attacking flair. A defensive gameplan doesn't allow players to attack.

Not game plan.

Just lol...you must have been absolutely drunk after 1/4 time.

Actually I wish I was! Unfortunately I remember the diabolical gameplan that the coach failed to change even at 1/2 time!

I'm still getting over the thought that there's nothing wrong with the gameplan!

Yeah lets take a mark on D50....

Oh there's a bloke in the middle....

Na..better kick it 50m back to Grundy at fullback...

To bomb it to a contest at CHB

Which we will lose and turn the thing over...

OH BUT WAIT BOYS AND GIRLS....THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THE GAMEPLAN!

Just lol...you must have been absolutely drunk after 1/4 time.

Actually I wish I was! Unfortunately I remember the diabolical gameplan that the coach failed to change even at 1/2 time!

The players can't execute the original game plan but if you change the game plan they will magically be able to execute it.
Doesn't sound very logical to me.

I'm still getting over the thought that there's nothing wrong with the gameplan!

There is more pausing and sideways looks around.

The two way running does seem to have faded a bit, how much of that relates to coaching who knows, the players are accountable, but the certainly imo seems to be a first instinct to stop and prop, go backwards, over handball, when the better sides now get on with it and move it quick. We seem to want to muck in and congest it, great if you can tackle, but our tackling has gone down the toilet

"People are allowed to have opinions and they're allowed to voice them, that is exactly what the forum is for."

I Read that in another thread, it must not apply in this thread :):)

A forum for voicing opinions also means that people are allowed to say your opinion is garbage...

The players can't execute the original game plan but if you change the game plan they will magically be able to execute it.
Doesn't sound very logical to me.

So what are they doing in the off season again?

Getting spray tans?

How about you blokes earning up to a million bucks a year get on the track and learn multiple game plans. You can't just have 1 gameplan.

There is more pausing and sideways looks around.

The two way running does seem to have faded a bit, how much of that relates to coaching who knows, the players are accountable, but the certainly imo seems to be a first instinct to stop and prop, go backwards, over handball, when the better sides now get on with it and move it quick. We seem to want to muck in and congest it, great if you can tackle, but our tackling has gone down the toilet

The reality is the answer is probably a mix of a number of factors. Dismissing the gameplan as 1 of them is the thing that I have issues with. It is not the only issue, but it's an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what are they doing in the off season again?

Getting spray tans?

How about you blokes earning up to a million bucks a year get on the track and learn multiple game plans. You can't just have 1 gameplan.

They get a holiday per the players agreement, so doubt they are doing anything yet

The reality is the answer is probably a mix of a number of factors. Dismissing the gameplan as 1 of them is the thing that I have issues with. It is not the only issue, but it's an issue.

Its the biggest issue in my opinion.

Dour and dull and losing

However I think he deserves a chance to change it in 2019

They get a holiday per the players agreement, so doubt they are doing anything yet

No problem with a holiday, but when they come back rather than spending 4 months doing running how about we spend a month learning a few gamelans and then re-learning them.

Its the biggest issue in my opinion.

Dour and dull and losing

I 100% agree with you. The core of our issues is the gameplan.

Now the 2nd question is, can this coach change it or do we need to get anther coach in? I was filthy we let Dew go.

No problem with a holiday, but when they come back rather than spending 4 months doing running how about we spend a month learning a few gamelans and then re-learning them.

Kieran Jack could learn to kick on his opposite foot i guess.

I have no problem with the breaks, take some time, freshen up, rejig the list and Longmire and his team need to develop a new plan to be implemented, no point flogging sore bodies immediately

If there is a bit of angst at the club why not take some time away

I 100% agree with you. The core of our issues is the gameplan.

Now the 2nd question is, can this coach change it or do we need to get anther coach in? I was filthy we let Dew go.

Id let Longmire try and they will let him try anyway so its not up to us.

Dew was another long time member of the same panel though , not like we changed when he left

Id let Longmire try and they will let him try anyway so its not up to us.

Dew was another long time member of the same panel though , not like we changed when he left

The thing that scares me is if we sack Horse we'd bring in another boring coach like Kirk.

If you're going to blame the game plan for our woes, then you need to explain why we keep winning more games than we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back