Opinion Heath Shaw return

Remove this Banner Ad

This is not a boolean issue, one can still love Heath Shaw, but also be happy he is gone. That's where I lay my hat. Malthouse was/is an old school coach and not well prepared for the modern professional era we find ourselves in today. Buckley on the other hand is the prototype professional, always has been. I know who I'd rather as coach in 2018. Collingwood under Malthouse was filled with ego's that lasted longer than the players sporting careers. Darren Jolly embarrassing himself on National TV springs to mind. I for one, am glad for the culture shift that took place. It may have set us back initially, but long term we will be better off for it.

Heath Shaw said in the interview he wouldn't answer his phone if Buckley called him, which about says it all. If the roles were reversed I can't imagine Buckley doing the same thing to Heath. He is way to classy for that level of primary school petulant behaviour. Therein lies the difference.
You could have saved me quite a few posts if you had posted earlier. Well said!

The wheels of time have rolled on...
Our backline is heading in a different direction now.
Heath’s best footy is behind him.
We do not need finger pointing or arguments whilst walking to the 3 Quarter time huddle.
Premiership player who gave his all...however shouldn’t return as a player.

I suggest you all read this ( i bet not even 5 people will read it)

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/add-adhd/adhd-attention-deficit-disorder-in-adults.htm

those who poo poo ADD being a "thing" have obviously not dealt with people with this.
Its a physical condition. it needs understanding like depression and Schizophrenia and other mental issues.

Seems like a good enough reason to turf someone. Sometimes cutting your losses and disposing of an issue is a better outcome than trying to manage it.

I'm not sure how you come to this conclusion.

Heath is too old to fit the demographic of our list.

He will be 33 at the start of 2019.

Rearview mirror. Clearly Heath still has an issue with the past and how his time ended at Collingwood.

I'd say to Heath, let it go. It was 5 years ago, nearly one seventh of your life time. Your at GWS now obviously, with 1 possibly 2 years left.

Focus on the now and don't dwell on the past.
Who knows, more success may be on the way.

Life is too short to worry about things you can't change.

Seems like a good enough reason to turf someone. Sometimes cutting your losses and disposing of an issue is a better outcome than trying to manage it.
might as well get rid of all the depressed players as well, that is a ridiculous statement. Any workplace needs to manage these things, and what happens when the next person with the same problem comes to the club?
Some people are short sighted and way too quick to judge,

Demonstrably arguing the toss with Bucks on the boundary line seems to me a pretty swinging dick act, one I note he hasn't repeated at GWS. I also recall going to training one time and hearing Shaw being a smart arse to Pendles who he obviously found to be a square and I wouldn't be surprised to learn is one of the other people at Collingwood Shaw doesn't have a relationship with. A lot of people love the rat-pack, the cool clique. I've never been a big fan. I'll have a Pendles and Adams type ahead of them anytime.
I have absolutely no issue with anybody not liking Heater or his attitude.
Never have.
Fabricating fictional events and statements to support a dislike I do have an issue with.
Re- the Ratpack, I find it odd that only the members who were on their way out already, some of their own choosing, ever get a mention.
No-one ever had any issue with Swanny staying on?

I have absolutely no issue with anybody not liking Heater or his attitude.
Never have.
Fabricating fictional events and statements to support a dislike I do have an issue with.
Re- the Ratpack, I find it odd that only the members who were on their way out already, some of their own choosing, ever get a mention.
No-one ever had any issue with Swanny staying on?
Johnson and Swan were class. Didak was obviously another one I’d have in the class bracket but he unfortunately was forced out. I can understand if he had a bit of resentment about the way he finished. Tarrant retired of his own accord.

I’ve never had an issue with the rat pack. Individuals making selfish decision at the detriment to the team on the other hand. Number 39 (of the Carlton variety) in particular is a bit of a ******* loser.

I don’t remember ever potting a player, coach or poster for having an opinion. I’ve definitely potted the opinions of plenty on here who have NFI (I did it in the pre-game thread yesterday), but not for having it because the whole point of the site is to share opinions. I hope I’ve expressed that correctly.

Aren’t all opinions biased when you perceive yourself to have specific knowledge on a topic? For instance a WC supporter comes in this week and makes a valid negative POV re our players or coach how do you think that will be perceived by the collective? What about if Buckley told you in confidence that if he had his time over he’d have handled Heath differently? Would that change anything?

The only interest I take out of the bump having had 24 hours to think on it is whether 2013 Shaw would fit in under 2018 Buckley. I personally think the answer is yes. Which to me is both a negative and positive for both Buckley and Shaw so I’ll stick to my original thoughts because we don’t see enough of that straight shooting from players anymore, IMO. I also have empathy for Heath who I think felt, and probably still does feel, a great sense of pride in wearing the jumper. Something I couldn’t say the same of for Oxley. One remains and the other doesn’t...

Edit: I think I’ve actually potted TG for having an opinion. I defended their posting for a time until it crossed a line and became out and out trolling in my eyes. I think it was aftser some complete bullshit directed towards Scharenberg. If he/ she isn’t a troll I feel pity for them because they’ve now disappeared completely as soon as the wheel has turned...
I'm pretty sure TG is a troll, have been saying that for years. No one could be that negative towards everything about their own club, but that would still be better than being a troll which is a lower level of wit than sarcasm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heath is too old to fit the demographic of our list.

He will be 33 at the start of 2019.

Rearview mirror. Clearly Heath still has an issue with the past and how his time ended at Collingwood.

I'd say to Heath, let it go. It was 5 years ago, nearly one seventh of your life time. Your at GWS now obviously, with 1 possibly 2 years left.

Focus on the now and don't dwell on the past.
Who knows, more success may be on the way.

Life is too short to worry about things you can't change.
Just becuase he had an issue with it doesn't mean he isn't over it. He was asked questions and answered them honestly.

I'm pretty sure TG is a troll, have been saying that for years. No one could be that negative towards everything about their own club, but that would still be better than being a troll which is a lower level of wit than sarcasm.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Last night's game was prime example of the game passing heater by. Can't defend anymore and any pressure whatsoever on his disposal makes it a turnover. Premiership hero but he's done.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

He probably shouldn't have f***d up so much when he was a Collingwood player.

He's bitter because he only has himself to blame and can't own it.
Rubbish!
He was Collingwood through and through and we knew what he was and what we would get. He was as much a victim of the failed regime and culture change as he was a victim of his personality. The fact is you will get all types in a footy club and you need a selection of characters. I doubt a team has won a flag with 22 coach disciples let alone a whole list full. The Leading Teams and culture change initiative decimated a premiership list and we still have a hell of a long way to go just to get anywhere near parity.

If GWS wanted to exit the likes of Shaw, De Lidio and Griffen as a salary cap dump... I'd be happy for heater to return to us on a 1 yr deal in exchange for a bogus late pick.

Can't play a full game in the midfield but could rotate between wing and defence with Maynard. Still has some of his run and that penetrating kick.

Think he would add something for bugger all cost but the reality is he and bucks won't ever work together again

If GWS wanted to exit the likes of Shaw, De Lidio and Griffen as a salary cap dump... I'd be happy for heater to return to us on a 1 yr deal in exchange for a bogus late pick.

Can't play a full game in the midfield but could rotate between wing and defence with Maynard. Still has some of his run and that penetrating kick.

Think he would add something for bugger all cost but the reality is he and bucks won't ever work together again

We dont want to inherit GWS's salary cap burden though. We shouldnt be paying Shaw a big salary. In which case GWS may as well keep him.

We dont want to inherit GWS's salary cap burden though. We shouldnt be paying Shaw a big salary. In which case GWS may as well keep him.

His salary has already taken a haircut

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...y-greater-western-sydney-20171002-gysmky.html

but GWS could face renewed salary cap pressure later this year with a bunch of players out of contract in 2019.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/to-greater-western-sydney-giants

Still, won't happen anyway

If we had to choose I'd take Lids. But the best choice is not to take the salary dump and pick up kids in the so-called super draft

Think you are over-reacting. Did you watch the interview?

What I got out of it was not any love for Buckley, hinted at others, loves beating Collingwood.

I don’t have a huge issue with using a bit of poetic licence and calling it hate.
I posted the interview.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back