Heathcote District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Santoz at Heathcote there are 15 local players playing seniors at the moment I'd like to know how many local elmore players are playing seniors currently?

Nice dodge, care to answer the question I asked you though? Which was ... How many of those blokes travelling up from Melbourne to play at Heathcote are doing it purely because they love the club?

Not this again. if you want to bring this up save everyone the trouble and go back about 20 pages and have a read mate. Despite Santoz occasionally having no clue what he is talking about (ie. Ian Kay going home to rutherglen- pure rubbish) he is right about Hall.

Yeah well, I may have been wrong with the "Southcombe pulling on the boots" one :rolleyes: I still reckon Ian Kay still is a chance to return home. Homesickness is a terrible thing. He heads back there every second weekend apparently ...

Lets be honest. Elmore locals can't kick a footy over a jam tin. There are only 2 guys who have grown up in the town over the last twenty years that are capable of playing seniors that are not currently playing there. They are Alan Morris who lives in Canberra and Rob Tuohey who is playing at Rochester. There simply are not any other Elmore locals anywhere in Australia that could be playing in their senior side. They played all there locals in the senoirs in 2001 and finished on the bottom of the ladder without a win. Whilst they don't breed footballers they do breed good business men so they used there business skills to raise funds and attract players to be competitive and get off the bottom of the ladder. What was the alternative - go winless for 20 years. The guys that played in the winless senoirs team in 2001 played in the reserves premiership team of 2003.

Sides that can win premierships with locals are few and far between - Mounts, Rochy, Gisborne are the exceptions and they have done bloody well to do it. Congrats to them. For all the others its go pay money to top up the list. Whether it be 5 bought players or 15 bought players who gives a sh*t. END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now surely any peanut who can operate this site can review the pages and pages of crap about locals v bought players. LET THE ISSUE GO!!!!!

Do the Math Santoz you C*ck Sucker if there is 22 players on a field and 15 are local that leaves 7 gun recruites

you do the math, if theres 22 players on a field theres a fair chance youre gonna get penalised. try 7 gun recruits plus 11 locals on the field, maybe squeeze the other 4 locals on the bench. bang theres your answer smarty pants!

Sides that can win premierships with locals are few and far between - Mounts, Rochy, Gisborne are the exceptions.

you should come into the colbo pub and look at the premiership sides on the wall and count the locals buddy. ps. youre gonna get plenty of shit from the elmore boys for your other comment cos im pretty sure ryan hayes and robbie lecek can kick a ball over a jam tin.

mr hdfsh!t lips get over how many locals play in sides why do we play? its not to showcase local footballers its about premierships and if it means clubs have to pay big $$$ for quality players so be it not all towns have superstar players and sometimes these things cant be helped kids grow up and leave for uni work etc so get over it you seem to be one of the minority that really gives a sh!t!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone esle think theyve heard all of this before???

Maybe the HDFL should award a "Loyal Local's" trophy at the end of the year to appease all those out there who seem to spend countless posts (and possibly restless nights) trying to justify why one club is more deserving of success than another, based purely on the number of town residents they have on there list.

And of course, I guess if we are going to reward the Locals we would also need to balance this unfairness with an award for the club that spends the most coin on its players?? Just so we can finally end all this heresay and gossip :cool: Present them with a book full of blank cheques perhaps!

Fair dinkum, its an arguament with no right or wrong answer....let it go! When you cross the white line and go to shake hands with your opponent before the game, your not thinking about how much money he is on, or what you are on for that matter....you just wanna get a kick and play in a successfull side.

Think a few people on here might forget that, but Im assuming most of them would be those who sit on the other side of the fence anyway and wont understand that sort of attitude when it comes to this discussion.

Lets be honest. Elmore locals can't kick a footy over a jam tin. There are only 2 guys who have grown up in the town over the last twenty years that are capable of playing seniors that are not currently playing there. They are Alan Morris who lives in Canberra and Rob Tuohey who is playing at Rochester. There simply are not any other Elmore locals anywhere in Australia that could be playing in their senior side. They played all there locals in the senoirs in 2001 and finished on the bottom of the ladder without a win. Whilst they don't breed footballers they do breed good business men so they used there business skills to raise funds and attract players to be competitive and get off the bottom of the ladder. What was the alternative - go winless for 20 years. The guys that played in the winless senoirs team in 2001 played in the reserves premiership team of 2003.

Sides that can win premierships with locals are few and far between - Mounts, Rochy, Gisborne are the exceptions and they have done bloody well to do it. Congrats to them. For all the others its go pay money to top up the list. Whether it be 5 bought players or 15 bought players who gives a sh*t. END OF STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now surely any peanut who can operate this site can review the pages and pages of crap about locals v bought players. LET THE ISSUE GO!!!!!

Yet Again thats crap mate. Rob Tuohey and Rah Morris eh? good player, dont get me wrong but Elmore have produced better footy player in the last 20 years. Ryan Hayes dominates the HDFL, dominated at Pioneers untill he was injured. The Childs (Danny, Elmore 1s and Brady, pios, Bgo Bombers now South Bgo), Alister Carr, played for Essendon then the handy families of the Ingrams (Steve, Mark and Brad all more than handy HDFL 1s players) and Trewicks.

Elmore have finally got it right with an under 14s side, they develop the youngsters in Elmore instead of them heading to Rochy.

Dont wanna enter the debate as such, as its bad enough watching your own backyard let alone others', but surely Elmore have had some handy locals during my time following things.

I thought Hayes was a prominent local name (correct me if Im wrong), Robbie Lecek has won a league B & F, and I remeber competing against Steve Ingram who was pretty good as has older brother Mark been for the club.

Im tipping there's a lot more that could be added . . . . .

Sorry lads shoulda scrolled down before echoing others' thoughts :thumbsu:

Dont wanna enter the debate as such, as its bad enough watching your own backyard let alone others', but surely Elmore have had some handy locals during my time following things.

I thought Hayes was a prominent local name (correct me if Im wrong), Robbie Lecek has won a league B & F, and I remeber competing against Steve Ingram who was pretty good as has older brother Mark been for the club.

Im tipping there's a lot more that could be added . . . . .
No doubt big fella. Was that Scottywok I seen in Jerry Maguire the other night. I think his name was Ray in the film. No Waters for the Saints, Jess in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

elmore v white hills 15 goals
mounts v broady 3 goals
heathcote v nth bgo 10 goals
l.b.u v colbo 2 goals

How do you come up with that prediction on White Hills nesko? the bloods nearly got rolled there last year against a much weaker wh side
You want a $10 ner on the Colbo game?

My predictions ...

Elmore v White Hills - 7goals
Mounts v Broadford - 5goals
Heathcote v North Bendigo - 14goals
LBU v Colbinabbin -4 goals

Does anyone honestly beleive there is light at the tunnel for "the zoo". How long can they go on being competitive with such a low supporter base and as much depth as the toddler pool at the aquatic centre

How do you come up with that prediction on White Hills nesko? the bloods nearly got rolled there last year against a much weaker wh side
You want a $10 ner on the Colbo game?

Last year was last year OTM, Elmore have good recruits and I think WH will really miss the class of Dickens.

Locky had alot more injury problems again yesti, Ben Jensen went down in the 2s with a broken collarbone. fellow Harris and Joel Randall done ligaments in their shoulders (I think) and Bundy Mundie broke his collar bone which could see the club champ not appear for the rest of the year. Roo Byrne will be back next game but Brad Smit broke or fractured a bone in his foot last week and will still be a few weeks away. Big Axe got reported for abusing an umpire.

elmore v white hills 15 goals
mounts v broady 3 goals
heathcote v nth bgo 10 goals
l.b.u v colbo 2 goals

2 from 4 aint bad nesko and from reading the results in the sun today COLBO have made you look like a f kwhit that knows nothing about the game just getting home by 100+

2 from 4 aint bad nesko and from reading the results in the sun today COLBO have made you look like a f kwhit that knows nothing about the game just getting home by 100+

I always back my own team Tilt. I barrick for the bombers as well and would back them in over the eagles. Its called loyalty. i'd much rather be a loyal f kwit than a backstabbing dog. I knew it would be a hard ask for the young cats but i belived they could win, whats wrong with having belief in your own team?

I'm sure Doona would of believed Broady could beat mounts, although majority of the HDFL community wouldnt give them a chance especially after mounts lost the week before.

How about you have a go Tilt and stop mouthing off, only Farva, Santoz and my self had a go at the predictions. When you pick 4 from 4 week in week out i'll listen to ya.

I always back my own team Tilt. I barrick for the bombers as well and would back them in over the eagles. Its called loyalty. i'd much rather be a loyal f kwit than a backstabbing dog. I knew it would be a hard ask for the young cats but i belived they could win, whats wrong with having belief in your own team?

I'm sure Doona would of believed Broady could beat mounts, although majority of the HDFL community wouldnt give them a chance especially after mounts lost the week before.

How about you have a go Tilt and stop mouthing off, only Farva, Santoz and my self had a go at the predictions. When you pick 4 from 4 week in week out i'll listen to ya.

Good nesko, good. but i think bloodhound wants to talk about paying players more...:D (touchy,touchy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back