Autopsy Hecking Heck - Walyalup defeat Euro-Yroke by 12 Scoring Shots at Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

First week back after 8 weeks away. I missed the game but sounds like watching the replay will have me poking out my eyeballs. Maybe I should just be content with a win and not see how we got it?

Just watch the highlights.

glad to hear they improved they were ******* ordinary to start talking about our “slim finals chance”

From what I heard from this ABC team, they were miles ahead of the tv media.

They were prepared to say that the Saints have only one A grade player, King is progressing slower than a 20 year old Busso boy and that Freo would be happy with their “zero dollar” trade (Sharp).

They actually reviewed the game in front of them, not last week or next weeks games. What had actually occurred.

To be fair to him, the wind was ****ed. The first shot went one way then he tried to compensate for it on the next one and it blew it in the opposite direction.
This is true, I had wind in my face, going both ways, rain, sun... it was exceptionally swirly that day.

Had the weather been better, it would've been first premiership of a three-peat :'(

First week back after 8 weeks away. I missed the game but sounds like watching the replay will have me poking out my eyeballs. Maybe I should just be content with a win and not see how we got it?
I'd watch the replay, Saints were actually bad and made far more errors all around the ground, they were by far the harder team to watch. If we were kicking them like we were the first 8 rounds then we win by 50

I'd watch the replay, Saints were actually bad and made far more errors all around the ground, they were by far the harder team to watch. If we were kicking them like we were the first 8 rounds then we win by 50
Especially knowing the result.

You get to try and guess which shots miss.

(Just don’t play a drinking game, that’s dangerous)

Especially knowing the result.

You get to try and guess which shots miss.

(Just don’t play a drinking game, that’s dangerous)
I basically avoid watching live now, it's proving to be much much better for my mental well being

The only bad part of our game was kicking for goal.

We had a lot of really nice entries and fluffed the shot.

It's between the ears and fixable.

Voss looks like a find.
Treacy's inside 50s are sexy
Amiss found his groove - inaccuracies aside. He looked dangerous.
Fyfe needs to see a psychologist
Jackson was worth it
Sharp was great
Midfield response was fantastic after being beaten early.

The only bad part of our game was kicking for goal.

We had a lot of really nice entries and fluffed the shot.

It's between the ears and fixable.

Voss looks like a find.
Treacy's inside 50s are sexy
Amiss found his groove - inaccuracies aside. He looked dangerous.
Fyfe needs to see a psychologist
Jackson was worth it
Sharp was great
Midfield response was fantastic after being beaten early.
Reading the Saints board someone said "I wish we took it on like Freo" which I'm sure you wouldn't have read 4 rounds ago. We can play some exciting footy at times now and if they didn't completely shit the bed kicking on goals the last two weeks I'm sure the attitude would be a lot more positive on here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The people saying "Fyfe is done" need to pull their heads in. Fyfe was incredibly affected by Cam McCarthy's death, which was only a week + change prior; he's acknowledged that he's an emotional guy, and has proven that he still has that footballing ability this year. I wish the club'd give him a week off to go surfing or driving trucks; he needs a chance to decompress and he's never going to play well with those emotions on board.

Reading the Saints board someone said "I wish we took it on like Freo" which I'm sure you wouldn't have read 4 rounds ago. We can play some exciting footy at times now and if they didn't completely s**t the bed kicking on goals the last two weeks I'm sure the attitude would be a lot more positive on here
13.33 apparently...turn it the other way and all of a sudden we're a scoring powerhouse.

There is a clear shift in our turnover ball movement in the last month (thank god). We're not particularly good at it but it is the final layer in terms of gameplan. Suspect it will take most of this year and a pre-season to nail it but once we've got that we'll start smashing teams when we get on top like we have in about 5 games this year.*

*Assuming some forward half personnel change and remembering you have to kick it through the big sticks.

The people saying "Fyfe is done" need to pull their heads in. Fyfe was incredibly affected by Cam McCarthy's death, which was only a week + change prior; he's acknowledged that he's an emotional guy, and has proven that he still has that footballing ability this year. I wish the club'd give him a week off to go surfing or driving trucks; he needs a chance to decompress and he's never going to play well with those emotions on board.
All that aside, I really didn't think Fyfe was even bad tonight? He had one htb early in the game, and that one shot at goal, but he was fine apart from those two clangers.

People focus too much on his work in front of goal to judge his game. Everyone knows he's not going to be getting anywhere close from outside 30m so he should be looking to centre it.

13.33 apparently...turn it the other way and all of a sudden we're a scoring powerhouse.
One thing worth noting about our inaccuracy is that we are actually a pretty good centre clearance and stoppage team, while being relatively poor at defending kick outs and locking the ball in our forward 50. So if we actually took our shots we'd win by more because the ball would be returned to the centre more often, where we're most comfortable.

Im glad Pearce smashed King. That guy drinks his own bath water

Kane Cornes said he plays ‘sad’ and I fully agree (despite coming from Kane). He always looks anguished and upset and hard done by and like he’s hating everything (fair enough when you’re playing against Pearce though). He has absolutely no KPF aura. He might be talented but I would hate to watch him lead a forwardline as a fan.

Very happy to have Treacy and Amiss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back