Autopsy Hecking Heck - Walyalup defeat Euro-Yroke by 12 Scoring Shots at Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Frustrating watch but a wins a win.

Treacy - Best field kick in the team after Young, beast and should be top 5 in the B&F.

Young - Just fricken love what he brings, he's our point of difference.

Fyfe - Last few weeks getting caught holding the ball multiple times each match. He can't bust a tackle like he used to, needs to realise that.

JOM - Despite the goals, not sure what he brings to the team. Say it every week.

Pearce/Ryan/Clark - Guns and all having AA years.

I think we're a team in that 6-10 region. Another year of development for Amiss and Treacy and trade/draft period we need to find a gun small forward.

Treacy was our most important player last night watching the replay. Either that or St Kilda defence didn't care to chase him in the back half of the ground taking marks.

Such a weapon.
That kick to Voss...

Treacy was our most important player last night watching the replay. Either that or St Kilda defence didn't care to chase him in the back half of the ground taking marks.

Such a weapon.
I was surprised at how many people here didn't give him any votes.

Was pivotal.

There was a lot to like yesterday. We know we are not the finished product, yet people are judging our performances as though we are. I am confident the finishing will come. And we will address our small forwards at the end of the year.

At times we launch and cut teams to shreds. Chapman, Clark, Walker, Aish and Ryan are a problem coming off half back. Our mids are one of the best units in the league. Our tall forwards and freddy are something special. If we can get Simpson to come along and another couple of classy smalls we will be a problem for any team.

A note on Johnson: He is making a howler or two a game. He is also attacking, strong, trying to create play and space for our other mids. He has a couple of years before being anything like the finished product. Very good development year for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a three goal game this year.

Sonny will come back. It's not over yet.
How was Jom tonight.
If he could play like that every week.

Fyfe looks done.
I would like to see Brodie in for fyfe.
Maybe he is carrying some injuries.
Dont understand how you can say Sonny will come back but Fyfe is done. More evidence on face value that its the other way around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a clear shift in our turnover ball movement in the last month (thank god). We're not particularly good at it but it is the final layer in terms of gameplan. Suspect it will take most of this year and a pre-season to nail it but once we've got that we'll start smashing teams when we get on top like we have in about 5 games this year.*

*Assuming some forward half personnel change and remembering you have to kick it through the big sticks.
i like this analysis.

Strange to post this after Jackson had one of the best games ever….i would have paid more for Jackson

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think I need to clarify this.

I wasn’t questioning why we traded for Jackson, I’m questioning why would you continue to play him as the main ruck every time Darcy is injured.

Very very expensive ruck. Surely he was recruited for what he was bringing in the forward line and supporting with runs through the ruck or on ball.

I would rather play fence post in the ruck and maintain the best forward line structure which was Jackson and Treacy it forgetting we have also now disrupted and changed Treacy role. So two changes for one positional need.

Anyway, time will tell. It’s just my opinion.
Strange to post this after Jackson had one of the best games ever….i would have paid more for Jackson

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Awful game to sit through but I feel better about it after a few hours reflection.

Lot to like about Voss. He's actually pretty good with the ball on the ground and makes good decisions. If he could kick straight he's more than handy. I think with Treacy and Amiss it makes a pretty decent forward line and play Jackson as an on baller with stints drifting forward. Still think he could make an awesome winger.

Chappy was bloody brilliant. Getting back to the levels he established before injury. No idea what his ceiling can be. Has so many attributes - strong overhead, reads it well, good decision maker, good kick, good pace of the mark and evasion. I'd love to see him tried further up the ground. Put him in Walters spot for a couple of weeks and see what he's got.

Walker was bloody excellent too. Really starting to look comfortable at the level now and getting rid of the brain fades. He's elite in traffic with his pace and starting to take the game on more and more. Love it.

As others have mentioned Draper has really dropped off after a decent start to his career. Time to give Davies a try or go smaller and bring Wagner or Worner back.

Wouldn't be averse to giving Simpson another crack too. With Freddy out and Walters cooked we need to try something to get some pace and energy into the forward mix. Hell I'd give Erasmus a game as a forward over Sonny at the moment. He's giving us nothing.
Against Collingwood bring Davies or Wagner in and move Draper forward to replace Walters.

serong did say hes been dealing with a lot this year in his interview.

I noticed he was hobbling at the end of game walking around, which might be normal, but then singing the song in the rooms I could see how the flesh around the left knee was redder than the right. I suppose it could be from just skidding across part of the ground where the turf is painted.

Frustrating watch but a wins a win.

Treacy - Best field kick in the team after Young, beast and should be top 5 in the B&F.

Young - Just fricken love what he brings, he's our point of difference.

Fyfe - Last few weeks getting caught holding the ball multiple times each match. He can't bust a tackle like he used to, needs to realise that.

JOM - Despite the goals, not sure what he brings to the team. Say it every week.

Pearce/Ryan/Clark - Guns and all having AA years.

I think we're a team in that 6-10 region. Another year of development for Amiss and Treacy and trade/draft period we need to find a gun small forward.
JOM improves every week and JLo loves him

sometimes it's healthier to stop hating

Apparently slinging blokes by the jumper causing their head to strike the ground is AFL approved now........
I just can't see how Hipwood gets a game but King pulls a sling tackle that has been against the rules for like 15+ years and gets nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back