Preview HERALD SUN: Hawthorn 2011 Preview and Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Season Preview, and opportunity to come up with a Best 22.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2011-preview/hawthorn

Sheahan's got it mostly right, in his discussion of where the club is at I think....

...But the Herald Sun should hang their head in shame.

To think they've edited a video together to go over the top of Mike Sheahans preview, only to include a picture of JORDAN Roughead, IN A BULLDOGS JUMPER no less, while discussing Jarryd Roughead. Idiots.

Season Preview, and opportunity to come up with a Best 22.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2011-preview/hawthorn

Sheahan's got it mostly right, in his discussion of where the club is at I think....

...But the Herald Sun should hang their head in shame.

To think they've edited a video together to go over the top of Mike Sheahans preview, only to include a picture of JORDAN Roughead, IN A BULLDOGS JUMPER no less, while discussing Jarryd Roughead. Idiots.

i figured they did it on purpose.

Either way its just sad and unproffesional.

The way they barrack in the media is a sad knock to the ethics of journalism.

Mike Sheehan aside.

I have got to be honest and say that when selecting the best 22 that I struggled a bit. Some players of course where an absolute given but for mine the good news was that there were some that I had to spend some time thinking over and they weren't just an automatic inclusion based on previous history - finally a little bit of depth.

I really don't know why they struggle with poor old Jarryd - the red hair is a beacon and yet in the past fortnight he has been mistaken for a Cornes (god forbid) on the afl wedbsite and now his cousin, which if you were a layman could be forgiven but when your working for the sports section of the supposedly number one paper in australia for afl then someones head should be used for Jarryd to practice with.

Maybe it's because I live under a rock, but this was the first time I've read that we've hired ex-ump Mathew James. What exactly does he do as an 'advisor'?
Teach us how to play properly and to the rules, which we ignore and play how we always have but hope the exercise changes the active umps perception and they don't treat us as harshly.

Maybe it's because I live under a rock, but this was the first time I've read that we've hired ex-ump Mathew James. What exactly does he do as an 'advisor'?
There's a number of things he advises on, but mostly it's just what umpires look for in a contest, and I guess as an extension of that how to get around it.

You're harsh Galon. One team wears brown and gold, the other red, white and blue. Very easy to confuse.

I do it all the time.

Simply an appalling discussion that is indicative of the current quality of football journalism.

The roughead picture defies belief - how could no one pick up it is not only not roughead it is not even a Hawthorn player!

Another example is the discussion on the captaincy - to think neither sheehan nor edmund realised that one of the main reasons mitch stepped aside is he is having twins & has another child under 1 defies belief.

And given what sam edmond provided to the discussion they must have to tie him down on a windy day given how lightweight he is!

Powder-puff journalism is a step-up to this rubbish.

Calm down lads....

It's just a light weight season preview for the masses. Not a tech head review for the hard core big footy followers.

You have to think about the market they are aiming for.

Spot on I thought apart from the video editing. But it also shows how far the interenet has come that you can select your own team and have embedded videos included. Getting closer to ESPN and CNNSI type coverage.... thumbs up from me. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back