Here come the lawyers.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Story on Channel 7 news in Melbourne ahs James and Tania Hird calling in the lawyers over the claims made by Dank and published by Wilson et al last week.

A defamation of character lawsuit is being prepared.

I think s**t just got seriously real.
Why can't Hird do it herself? Is she admitting she is incompetent like Dank?

Story on Channel 7 news in Melbourne ahs James and Tania Hird calling in the lawyers over the claims made by Dank and published by Wilson et al last week.

No sure the 'Mrs Wren' strategy is the best way to go.

But if Hird is cleared of any wrongdoing, you'd have to think he would sue Wilson & Fairfax for all they're worth. :)

No sure the 'Mrs Wren' strategy is the best way to go.

But if Hird is cleared of any wrongdoing, you'd have to think he would sue Wilson & Fairfax for all they're worth. :)
Then it is required that they prove that Wilson, Dank and Co were malicious and acting on false or knowingly untrue (or ought to know it was untrue) information in what they were publishing. Hird is very unlikely to be successful for the comments about him injecting unlawful substances if in fact he has done it and says he has done it. Secondly the comments about not knowing what weas going on at the club when Dank was involved and questioning his integrity on this basis is also likely to not succeed because there is already sufficient evidence and nexus to justify making such assertions.

Then it is required that they prove that Wilson, Dank and Co were malicious and acting on false or knowingly untrue (or ought to know it was untrue) information in what they were publishing. Hird is very unlikely to be successful for the comments about him injecting unlawful substances if in fact he has done it and says he has done it. Secondly the comments about not knowing what weas going on at the club when Dank was involved and questioning his integrity on this basis is also likely to not succeed because there is already sufficient evidence and nexus to justify making such assertions.
yeah................but I can hope, can't I?

Pazza, any truth to the rumour that the Hird children are also looking to sue and are in discussions with Lionel Hutz as we speak?

The Hird family dog, Hexy, is also apparently suing for defamation.

Ch Essendon...i mean Ch 7 have confirmed that Hexy was seen barking instructions to Mr Hutz as he walked up the Hird driveway at their Toorak mansion.

The s**t has just got real as Channel 7 has also just reported that Dank is set to sue the Essendon Football Club for defamation and for unfair dismissal.

Time to cash in those war bonds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

barrister_2159153b.jpg

Only people happier will be real estate agents.

Im not sure how successful it will be. These journo's (no matter how infuriating they can be on occasion) usually write their articles in a way that gets their intended message across, but cover themselves legally. They are professional writers for newspapers who know how to avoid defamation law suits.

The case against Dank may have merit though as he's not an experienced journalist.

What about the Bolt case then?

... oh thats right, "professional writers".

What about the Bolt case then?

... oh thats right, "professional writers".
His primary legal defence was that "Bolt's supporters know he's creative with the truth", trotted out right before the prosecution tore his articles to shreds with factual errors.

Any journo that gets their facts right is far more protected.

His primary legal defence was that "Bolt's supporters know he's creative with the truth", trotted out right before the prosecution tore his articles to shreds with factual errors.

I particularly liked the bit where with wobbling chin he declared that freedom of speech had died. Champagne comedy right there.

I don't think bolt should ever be used as an example of excellence in journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back